I have a DeWalt drill like this

DIY, Rehabs, Restorations, etc
Pete
Site Admin

I have a DeWalt drill like this

Post by Pete » Sun Aug 07, 2022 6:40 pm

Hopelessly jammed. This guys remedy didn't fix mine. This model isn't cheap either. Totally unacceptable. I know what NOT to buy next time. I have a 1/2" cordless Makita that I've run the dog squeeze out of, and it still works fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL7mZATA4QQ

0 x
The fact that there's a highway to Hell and only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume

Shred
Soldier

Re: I have a DeWalt drill like this

Post by Shred » Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:13 am

I have a very cheap Wilko electric drill, never had any issues with it. And that's got a keyless chuck as well.

Hope you get everything sorted.
0 x
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one - Captain Spock (Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan).

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:06 am

Shred wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:13 am
I have a very cheap Wilko electric drill, never had any issues with it. And that's got a keyless chuck as well.

Hope you get everything sorted.
I have a Makita that I have used for years, no problems.

Long story but I got the Dewalt free a couple years ago. It was used. I had to buy a charger. It was fine until now. I beat the hell out of it a few days ago but no luck. I propped it up and soaked the chuck in a jar of WD-40 for about a month. No luck

Disappointing
0 x
The fact that there's a highway to Hell and only a stairway to Heaven says a lot about anticipated traffic volume

Shred
Soldier

Post by Shred » Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:40 am

My dad's go to drill is a corded Black and Decker hammer drill from 1989, that still works no problems whatsoever.
Before that he had another Black and Decker drill from the 1970's but that wasn't a hammer drill.
0 x
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one - Captain Spock (Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan).