Just what the doctor ordered
Pete
Site Admin

I have Covid 19

Post by Pete » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:17 pm

I think I'm going to live though

:triste4:
0 x
“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.”—Mark Twain

Shred
Soldier

Re: I have Covid 19

Post by Shred » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:22 pm

It's mutated rather a lot, and the vaccinated people have helped as well, because a virus that doesn't kill the host mutates and becomes more infectious, but less deadly.

Get well soon anyway.
0 x
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one - Captain Spock (Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan).

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Tue Jun 21, 2022 7:23 pm

Rest and hydrate. Get well, perv
0 x
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:34 am

I've been chugging fluids like there's no tomorrow, but I hardly ever urinate. The sweat was coming like a river
0 x
“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.”—Mark Twain

Shred
Soldier

Post by Shred » Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:54 am

Go on Amazon and buy "Lugols Iodine".
Take 1 small drop in a big glass of water, per day.

Also get Vitamin D3 plus K2 supplements, they'll take 2 weeks to kick in, but will help you avoid "Long Covid".

These things helped my dad to survive it, just after having a heart attack.
He caught it at the start of last year, before vaccines were available.
0 x
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one - Captain Spock (Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan).

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:38 pm

I was traveling so I went to a North Carolina emergency room for meds to treat symptoms. I handed to doctor my prescription bottles one by one to make sure no interaction. I was given Paxlovid and a cough syrup and I retired to my hotel room. Took Paxlovid and cough syrup, went to bed for 16 hours. When I woke up, felt real bad so I googled Paxlovid and discovered it causes problems with my current medications. Never took another dose. I called the ER and asked them why this issue was not seen ahead of time. "I'm sorry sir we can't give medical advice over the phone". I said "well hell you gave me the damn stuff, what if it kills me?". "Oh, I don't think it will kill you, sir"

Drank a couple cups of coffee and drove the remaining 3 hours home
0 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:01 am

Pete wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:38 pm
I was traveling so I went to a North Carolina emergency room for meds to treat symptoms. I handed to doctor my prescription bottles one by one to make sure no interaction. I was given Paxlovid and a cough syrup and I retired to my hotel room. Took Paxlovid and cough syrup, went to bed for 16 hours. When I woke up, felt real bad so I googled Paxlovid and discovered it causes problems with my current medications. Never took another dose. I called the ER and asked them why this issue was not seen ahead of time. "I'm sorry sir we can't give medical advice over the phone". I said "well hell you gave me the damn stuff, what if it kills me?". "Oh, I don't think it will kill you, sir"

Drank a couple cups of coffee and drove the remaining 3 hours home
I hope you're getting better.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:13 am

Much better now. Very tired. The chit wears you down. The worst part is I can't taste my beers. I think I'll work Thursday and Friday
0 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:47 am

Pete wrote:
Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:13 am
Much better now. Very tired. The chit wears you down. The worst part is I can't taste my beers. I think I'll work Thursday and Friday
:up:
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:30 am

~approx 9-10 days duration. Pretty much over now. Seems like there's going to be a few days of post-covid fatigue.

I've had flu way worse than this, but not for two freakin' weeks

:triste4:

What was the goal when scientists were cooking this chit up? Bio-weaponry?
0 x