Our AIBAFS foster dog Alanza

Pet or animal stories
pete
Site Admin

Our AIBAFS foster dog Alanza

Post by pete » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:00 pm

Screenshot_20220410-115856_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x
You can't make bad people harmless by making good people helpless

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: Our AIBAFS foster dog Alanza

Post by nolaxride » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:16 pm

Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:00 pm
Nice. Great idea.
1 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:55 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:16 pm
Pete wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:00 pm
Nice. Great idea.
Those dogs on Dead Dog Beach in Puerto Rico live a short, hellish life. We have one at our home now that was flown in to the US

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Dog_Beach
2 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:56 am

From February
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:24 pm

Alanza has been adopted and was placed aboard her Freedom Flight!!
IMG_20220720_132134737.jpg
As you might remember, Alanza was rescued from the streets in such dreadful condition, we were unsure if she would survive. She was emaciated, had painful mange, and was dangerously anemic. We named her Alanza, which means ‘ready for battle’, because we knew she had a long fight ahead of her, in order to survive.

But now, thanks to all of your support, Alanza has won her battle and will never have to fight to survive again. After arriving on her Freedom Flight, Alanza went straight into the arms of her new mom, Mimi. https://bit.ly/alanzaffaupdate

After experiencing a lot of stress over the last two years, Mimi had been thinking about adopting a dog; ideally, one that could serve as an emotional support dog. She applied to adopt a dog from us and our team sent her a photo of Alanza as a potential match. When she found out about Alanza's story, Mimi fell in love.

Mimi says: "I felt like she was being saved, and I needed saving as well. I felt alone, and every time I looked at her picture and her videos I was like 'I need her and she needs me.' I have been through a lot these past two years and so has she. So she was the one for me. Her story, her cuteness, and her courage to pull through all that she had been through made her special to me. That’s why I also kept the name you guys gave her. I know what her name stands for, and well, that’s my little fighter."

Since Alanza has arrived, Mimi says: "So far, life has been hilarious with her, she still hasn’t found her voice, she hasn’t barked. But she is a huge lap dog and loves to cuddle and be held. I am teaching her how to give me 'beso' which in Spanish means kiss. I bought her around 3 harness leashes that match her outfits, she has a new bed, a new crate and soon I am buying a house and she will have her own room (but she will be sleeping with me a lot)."

In fact, Alanza settled in so well, so quickly, that before we had a chance to prepare this update for you, Mimi has already adopted a second sato! And that's not all. Mimi spoke so highly of The Sato Project that her cousin also just adopted a sato. So now Alanza has her mom, a sato brother named Willy, and a sato cousin named Gigi.

From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for helping to change Alanza’s life forever. Her journey would not have been possible without your support. To see more photos and videos of Alanza's journey on her Freedom Flight, as well as photos of her in her new life, click here: https://bit.ly/alanzaffaupdate.

Thank you for making this lucky sato’s dream come true.
In gratitude,

The Sato Project Team

The Sato Project / 130 Water Street / Brooklyn, NY 11201
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x