German people

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

German people

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Mon May 29, 2023 11:46 am

0 x
► Watching fat cats get taxed touches the very depths of a Republican’s soul

antilib
Global Moderator

Re: German people

Post by antilib » Mon May 29, 2023 11:55 pm

chedolph is under fire from antilib for exposing his support for apartheid palestine's racism!! fixed the twitter for you, ya little racist twit!! Image
0 x

Shred
Caporegime

Post by Shred » Tue May 30, 2023 2:54 am

Waters was dressed like a member of the Nazis with a black leather trench coat, a red arm band and crossed hammers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65725902

He was also carrying a replica MP40.

In Germany there are laws against Nazi imagery. The MP40 is certainly one. It was the standard sub machine gun of the Wehrmacht.
1 x
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views.

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Tue May 30, 2023 3:06 am

antilib wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 11:55 pm
chedolph is under fire from antilib for exposing his support for apartheid palestine's racism!! fixed the twitter for you, ya little racist twit!! Image
► I mostly see Israeli occupied territory compared to apartheid South Africa
0 x

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Tue May 30, 2023 3:14 am

Shred wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 2:54 am
Waters was dressed like a member of the Nazis with a black leather trench coat, a red arm band and crossed hammers.

In Germany there are laws against Nazi imagery. The MP40 is certainly one. It was the standard sub machine gun of the Wehrmacht.
► That’s self parody - his reaction to all the phony charges the Jews pile on you when you dare to criticize their Jewish State
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Tue May 30, 2023 4:45 am

Shred wrote:

I'm not a Roger Waters fan. In fact I think he's a jackass. But has no one seen The Wall show and know what it's about? Has he and or Pink Floyd never performed it in Germany? Yes it has. Why wasn't he confronted previously?

The OP says he's under fire for exposing Germany's support for Israel, not "Nazi imagery"
0 x
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

Shred
Caporegime

Post by Shred » Tue May 30, 2023 5:05 am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floy ... 3_The_Wall
Pink is a depressed rock star who appears motionless and expressionless while remembering his father. Decades prior, his father is killed defending the Anzio beachhead during World War II in Pink's infancy; Pink's paranoid mother raises him alone. A young Pink discovers relics from his father's military service and death. An animation depicts the war, showing that the death of the people was for nothing. Pink places a bullet on the track of an oncoming train within a tunnel, and the train that passes has children peering out of the windows wearing face masks.

At school, he is caught writing poems in class and is humiliated by the teacher, who reads a poem from Pink's book. However, it is revealed that the poor treatment of the students is because of the unhappiness of the teacher's marriage. Pink recalls an oppressive school system, imagining children falling into a meat grinder. He fantasises about the children rising in rebellion and burning down the school, throwing the teacher onto a bonfire. As an adult, Pink remembers his overprotective mother and his marriage. During a phone call, Pink realises that his wife is cheating on him. His traumatic experiences are represented as a "brick" in the wall he constructs around himself that divides him from society.

Pink returns to the hotel room with a groupie, only for him to destroy the room in a fit of violence, scaring her away. Depressed, he thinks about his wife and feels trapped in his room. He then remembers every "brick" of his wall. His wall is shown to be complete, and the film returns to the first scene.

Now inside his wall, Pink does not leave his hotel room and begins to lose his mind to metaphorical "worms". He shaves all his body hair and watches television. The young Pink searches through the trenches of the war, eventually finding himself as an adult. Young Pink runs in terror and appears at a railway station, with the people demanding that the soldiers return home. Returning to the present, Pink's manager finds him in his hotel room, drugged and unresponsive. A paramedic injects him to enable him to perform.

In this state, Pink thinks he is a dictator, and his concert is a fascist rally. His followers attack blacks, gays, and Jews. He then holds a rally in London. Marching hammers goose-step across ruins. Pink stops hallucinating and screams "stop", deciding he no longer wants to be in the wall. He cowers in a bathroom stall, quietly singing to himself as a security guard walks past him. Pink, as a rag doll, is on trial for "showing feelings of an almost human nature". His teacher and wife accuse him, while his mother tries to take him home. His sentence is "to be exposed before his peers," and the judge gives the order to "tear down the wall!". Following a prolonged silence, the wall is smashed and Pink screams. Children clean up a pile of debris and a empty Molotov cocktail.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floy ... 3_The_Wall

I believe Rogers Waters' stage show is based on the 1982 film.
And he plays a man driven to insanity.

In recent years, Waters himself has not been the full shilling.
0 x
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common:
They don't alters their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views.

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Tue May 30, 2023 6:37 am

You won't find a Waters fan in me. I liked the Pink Floyd ensemble but his politics are ass-over-teakettle wrong.
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Wed May 31, 2023 8:11 pm

I'm going on memory so I don't want to hear any whining

I heard a Waters interview about the time he spit in the face of an unruly fan at a concert. The spat-upon fellow thanked Waters profusely, feeling honored that one of his heroes bestowed bodily fluids upon him.

At that point Waters began to ruminate about how easy it would be for pop figures like himself, Hitler etc al to get large crowds of people to follow.

I believe the Nazi figure in The Wall was at least partially inspired during that "road to Damascus" moment for Waters
1 x

Chester Cheesewright
Underboss

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Wed May 31, 2023 8:48 pm

Pete wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:45 am
Shred wrote:

I'm not a Roger Waters fan. In fact I think he's a jackass. But has no one seen The Wall show and know what it's about? Has he and or Pink Floyd never performed it in Germany? Yes it has. Why wasn't he confronted previously?

The OP says he's under fire for exposing Germany's support for Israel, not "Nazi imagery"
► You’re probably right
0 x