The second amendment

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Shred
Associate

Re: The second amendment

Post by Shred » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:33 pm

You quoted me, so I thought you were talking to me.
0 x
Everything from a knife to a nuke constitutes arms, nobody ever complains they can't openly carry a bazooka or drive around with an ICBM.

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:44 pm

Shred wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:36 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:47 pm
So you agree there are limits, gun controls, required in our society?

And tell me, what happens if the 5.56 doesn't hit anything to start the tumble? Would you believe a Vietnam vet writing in the American Thinker?

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... am_ki.html

To quote the conclusion, "The lethality of the 5.56mm cartridge, sold on lies, cannot be fixed in truth. It is time the Department of Defense recognizes this 'Big Lie' from the Vietnam War and in the names of MSgt Kevin N. Morehead and SFC William M. Bennett replaces this varmint cartridge with one that gives our warriors that critical capability described by SFC Paul Howe above——one—round knockdown power!"
Our soldiers in Afghanistan were finding inadequacies with the SA80 (developed from the AR18) a 5.56mm rifle designed to NATO standards.
They had problems with range and lethality.
As a result Lewis Machine and Tool Company of the USA were contracted to make a 7.62mm NATO calibre rifle to supplement British forces in Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Mac ... ol_Company

I grant you, it looks like an AR-15 but it's more like an AR-10 or the old SLR, in fact the old SLR would have done the job.

The .223 / 5.56mm concept is indeed a flawed concept.
They are good for target shooting. I've used them in the 300-50 yard range. Beyond that, 6mm Creedmoor.
1 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

Shred
Associate

Post by Shred » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:03 am

There's quite a few in the UK that are used on ranges, in .223 they're operated by straight pull, but there's also .22lr ones that can be used as semi automatic rifles.

I'd quite like to have a go with one sometime.
0 x
Everything from a knife to a nuke constitutes arms, nobody ever complains they can't openly carry a bazooka or drive around with an ICBM.

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:36 pm

Shred wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:03 am
There's quite a few in the UK that are used on ranges, in .223 they're operated by straight pull, but there's also .22lr ones that can be used as semi automatic rifles.

I'd quite like to have a go with one sometime.
.223 is great for target shooting, very little kick, which is why it's popular. As a kid, I shot a .22LR match. Even made it to Camp Perry one year. That was a single shot .22 with a 36" barrel that weighed in at about 20 lbs. At 100 yards it was all x's.
1 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

Shred
Associate

Post by Shred » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:06 pm

Awesome, one of my friends has a Brno, that's a .22lr and that is a really accurate little rifle.
Another of my friends has a Swedish Mauser.
Loads of my friends have shotgun certificates as well.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:13 pm

Shred wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:06 pm
Awesome, one of my friends has a Brno, that's a .22lr and that is a really accurate little rifle.
Another of my friends has a Swedish Mauser.
Loads of my friends have shotgun certificates as well.
While I enjoy target shooting, trap is, IMHO, a lot more fun.
1 x
-- Ο Μπάρι είναι ηλίθιος

Shred
Associate

Post by Shred » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:47 am

The sight of a clay pigeon exploding into a cloud of dust is tremendously satisfying.
1 x

Shred
Associate

Post by Shred » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:53 pm

This is a UK legal handgun, all you have to do to own one, is own a safe, be a member of a UK NRA gun club, and satisfy the Police that you aren't a nutcase.

I can see why Barry fears UK type laws.

Here's a few more UK legal guns:
0 x

barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:01 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:44 pm
Shred wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:36 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:47 pm
So you agree there are limits, gun controls, required in our society?

And tell me, what happens if the 5.56 doesn't hit anything to start the tumble? Would you believe a Vietnam vet writing in the American Thinker?

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... am_ki.html

To quote the conclusion, "The lethality of the 5.56mm cartridge, sold on lies, cannot be fixed in truth. It is time the Department of Defense recognizes this 'Big Lie' from the Vietnam War and in the names of MSgt Kevin N. Morehead and SFC William M. Bennett replaces this varmint cartridge with one that gives our warriors that critical capability described by SFC Paul Howe above——one—round knockdown power!"
Our soldiers in Afghanistan were finding inadequacies with the SA80 (developed from the AR18) a 5.56mm rifle designed to NATO standards.
They had problems with range and lethality.
As a result Lewis Machine and Tool Company of the USA were contracted to make a 7.62mm NATO calibre rifle to supplement British forces in Afghanistan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Mac ... ol_Company

I grant you, it looks like an AR-15 but it's more like an AR-10 or the old SLR, in fact the old SLR would have done the job.

The .223 / 5.56mm concept is indeed a flawed concept.
They are good for target shooting. I've used them in the 300-50 yard range. Beyond that, 6mm Creedmoor.
You don't need an ar-15. It's a weapon of war. It needs to be off the streets
0 x

barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Shred wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:53 pm

This is a UK legal handgun, all you have to do to own one, is own a safe, be a member of a UK NRA gun club, and satisfy the Police that you aren't a nutcase.

I can see why Barry fears UK type laws.

Here's a few more UK legal guns:
I just got my CCW renewed, what the hell are you talking about?

I can carry an AR-15 through my local international airport. Can you do that?
0 x