$2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Post Reply
User avatar
Evil
Consigliere
Posts: 53445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

$2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by Evil » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:20 am

Infrastructure: $620 billion
The plan would invest $115 billion to revamp highways and roads, including 10 major and 10,000 smaller bridges in need of reconstruction. It also includes $20 billion to improve road safety, including for cyclists and pedestrians.

The plan calls for $85 billion to modernize existing transit systems and help agencies expand to meet rider demand. The investment would double federal funding for public transit.

Biden is proposing $80 billion to fix Amtrak’s repair backlog.

Biden’s proposal establishes $174 billion in grant and incentive programs for state and local governments and the private sector to build a national network of 500,000 electric vehicle chargers by 2030.

It seeks to replace 50,000 diesel transit vehicles and electrify at least 20 percent of the country’s “yellow” bus fleet.

The plan invests $25 billion in airports, including programs to renovate terminals and expand car-free access to air travel.

Biden is also pitching $17 billion for inland waterways, coastal ports, land ports of entry and ferries to invest in the nation’s freight system.

The American Jobs Plan targets 40 percent of climate and clean infrastructure investments to disadvantaged communities

Infrastructure “at home:” $650 billion
Biden’s proposal invests $213 billion to build and retrofit more than 2 million homes. The plan would build and rehabilitate more than 500,000 homes for low- and middle-income home buyers and invest $40 billion to improve public housing.

Biden’s proposal aims to deliver universal broadband, including to more than 35 percent of rural Americans who currently lack access.

The plan invests $111 billion to replace the country’s lead pipes and service lines. The effort would reduce lead exposure in 400,000 schools and childcare facilities and improve the safety of drinking water.

The proposal calls for $100 billion to upgrade and build new public schools. It also invests $12 billion in community college infrastructure and $25 billion to upgrade child care facilities.

The plan would put $16 billion toward hundreds of thousands of jobs plugging oil and gas wells and reclaiming abandoned coal, hardrock and uranium mines. Jobs would also be created to lay transmission lines.

Biden is proposing $18 billion to modernize Veterans Affairs hospitals and clinics, and $10 billion to revamp federal buildings.

The plan also invests $10 billion for conservation workers, including those focusing on public lands and environmental justice

Care economy: $400 billion
The plan expands access to home- or community-based care for seniors and people with disabilities. It would extend a Medicaid program, Money Follows the Person, to move elderly nursing homes residents out of nursing homes and back into their own homes or into the care of loved ones.

Biden also calls for improving working conditions, including higher wages and more benefits, for caretakers, who are disproportionately women of color and who have largely stayed on the job during the coronavirus pandemic

Research and development, manufacturing and training: $580 billion
Biden’s proposal invests $180 billion in research and development. That includes a major clean-energy push to reduce emissions, build climate resilience and boost climate-focused research.

The plans invests $50 billion in domestic semiconductor manufacturing.

It would provide incentives for companies to locate local manufacturing jobs in the industrial heartland.

The plan would double the number of registered apprenticeships to more than 1 million. It also invests in a more inclusive science and technology workforce

Tax reform
The White House plan calls for about $2 trillion in new spending over eight years and enough to pay for the measure over 15 years. That is partially because the new spending measures come off the books whlie the tax hikes being proposed would be permanent.

The plan raises the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.

It also increases the global minimum tax paid from about 13 percent to 21 percent.

The proposal ends federal tax breaks for fossil fuel companies.

It also ramps up tax enforcement against corporations and prevents U.S. corporations from claiming tax havens as their residence
0 x
"Too bad that (Ashli Babbitt) wasn't your daughter, you little swine.

Your family dirties this country" - you know who

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Consigliere
Posts: 64699
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 am

"The plan raises the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.
It also increases the global minimum tax paid from about 13 percent to 21 percent.
The proposal ends federal tax breaks for fossil fuel companies"

what does this have to do with infrastructure and jobs???? All that's going to do is put people out of work!

You'd have to be a dick head to think Biden has a clue.

And then, in the same bill it says this:

'It would provide incentives for companies to locate local manufacturing jobs in the industrial heartland."

the bill said it's going to raise taxes on them, how is that an incentive at the same time? Damn!
Last edited by barrysoetoro on Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

User avatar
Evil
Consigliere
Posts: 53445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by Evil » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:24 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 am
"The plan raises the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.
It also increases the global minimum tax paid from about 13 percent to 21 percent.
The proposal ends federal tax breaks for fossil fuel companies"

what does this have to do with infrastructure and jobs???? All that's going to do is put people out of work!

You'd have to be a dick head to think Biden has a clue.
Are you really this dumb or is it an act?
0 x
"Too bad that (Ashli Babbitt) wasn't your daughter, you little swine.

Your family dirties this country" - you know who

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Consigliere
Posts: 64699
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by barrysoetoro » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:25 am

Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:24 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 am
"The plan raises the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.
It also increases the global minimum tax paid from about 13 percent to 21 percent.
The proposal ends federal tax breaks for fossil fuel companies"

what does this have to do with infrastructure and jobs???? All that's going to do is put people out of work!

You'd have to be a dick head to think Biden has a clue.
Are you really this dumb or is it an act?
what does that have to do with infrastructure and jobs? We all know you don't know and are desperate to defend your failed president
0 x

User avatar
Evil
Consigliere
Posts: 53445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by Evil » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:26 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:25 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:24 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 am
"The plan raises the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.
It also increases the global minimum tax paid from about 13 percent to 21 percent.
The proposal ends federal tax breaks for fossil fuel companies"

what does this have to do with infrastructure and jobs???? All that's going to do is put people out of work!

You'd have to be a dick head to think Biden has a clue.
Are you really this dumb or is it an act?
what does that have to do with infrastructure and jobs? We all know you don't know and are desperate to defend your failed president
So you're really this dumb.
0 x
"Too bad that (Ashli Babbitt) wasn't your daughter, you little swine.

Your family dirties this country" - you know who

User avatar
donttreadonme
Caporegime
Posts: 20126
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:46 am

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by donttreadonme » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:27 am

Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:24 am
barrysoetoro wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:23 am
"The plan raises the corporate tax rate from 21 percent to 28 percent.
It also increases the global minimum tax paid from about 13 percent to 21 percent.
The proposal ends federal tax breaks for fossil fuel companies"

what does this have to do with infrastructure and jobs???? All that's going to do is put people out of work!

You'd have to be a dick head to think Biden has a clue.
Are you really this dumb or is it an act?
He's definitely not acting.
0 x
Demented Donny lied, 535,346 people died.

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 14868
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: North GA USA

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by Pete » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 am

Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:20 am
Infrastructure: $620 billion
The plan would invest $115 billion to revamp highways and roads, including 10 major and 10,000 smaller bridges in need of reconstruction. It also includes $20 billion to improve road safety, including for cyclists and pedestrians.

The plan calls for $85 billion to modernize existing transit systems....."
are you claiming authorship of this steaming heap?
0 x
"Come on, man" is now an acceptable rebuttal in a political debate

User avatar
Evil
Consigliere
Posts: 53445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by Evil » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 am

Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:20 am
Infrastructure: $620 billion
The plan would invest $115 billion to revamp highways and roads, including 10 major and 10,000 smaller bridges in need of reconstruction. It also includes $20 billion to improve road safety, including for cyclists and pedestrians.

The plan calls for $85 billion to modernize existing transit systems....."
are you claiming authorship of this steaming heap?
No the Biden administration authored it. Duh!

Did you want to discuss anything in it or are you just looking to pick nits?
0 x
"Too bad that (Ashli Babbitt) wasn't your daughter, you little swine.

Your family dirties this country" - you know who

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 14868
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: North GA USA

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by Pete » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:37 am

Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 am
Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:20 am
Infrastructure: $620 billion
The plan would invest $115 billion to revamp highways and roads, including 10 major and 10,000 smaller bridges in need of reconstruction. It also includes $20 billion to improve road safety, including for cyclists and pedestrians.

The plan calls for $85 billion to modernize existing transit systems....."
are you claiming authorship of this steaming heap?
No the Biden administration authored it. Duh!

Did you want to discuss anything in it or are you just looking to pick nits?
Experienced writers provide links to source. It's common courtesy
0 x
"Come on, man" is now an acceptable rebuttal in a political debate

User avatar
Evil
Consigliere
Posts: 53445
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: $2T infrastructure and jobs proposal

Post by Evil » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:42 am

Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:37 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:31 am
Pete wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:29 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:20 am
Infrastructure: $620 billion
The plan would invest $115 billion to revamp highways and roads, including 10 major and 10,000 smaller bridges in need of reconstruction. It also includes $20 billion to improve road safety, including for cyclists and pedestrians.

The plan calls for $85 billion to modernize existing transit systems....."
are you claiming authorship of this steaming heap?
No the Biden administration authored it. Duh!

Did you want to discuss anything in it or are you just looking to pick nits?
Experienced writers provide links to source. It's common courtesy
Just pcking nits. Got it
0 x
"Too bad that (Ashli Babbitt) wasn't your daughter, you little swine.

Your family dirties this country" - you know who

Post Reply