2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 17865
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by psk836 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:21 pm

Then quit fudging the numbers and it will just go away.

Check out Australia.

https://notrickszone.com/2020/01/03/smo ... o-warming/
0 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 45421
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by Evil » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm

This is why they only mention the US....

Image
0 x
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." - Would-be-King Donny

User avatar
Chester Cheesewright
Heir Presumptive
Posts: 2482
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:09 am

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:28 pm

psk836 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:01 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 am
psk836 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:09 am
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 am
psk836 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 am
If you use the cooked books.

If you use the newest USCRN completely unbiased and unmanipulated data, well, not so much.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/01/15/ ... 5-for-usa/

"While we are on that subject of datasets and small temperature differences, here is a bit of inconvenient data that never gets mentioned.

NOAA’s U.S. Climate Reference Network (USCRN) has the best quality climate data on the planet, yet it never gets mentioned in the NOAA/NASA press releases. Commissioned in 2005, it has the most accurate, unbiased, and un-adjusted data of any climate dataset.

The USCRN has no biases, and no need for adjustments, and in my opinion represents a ground truth for climate change.

In this graph of the contiguous United States updated for 2019 comes out about 0.75°F cooler than the start of the dataset in 2005:

Source: NOAA’s live online data plotter
The data show above was not plotted by me, nor adjusted in any way. It is entirely NOAA’s, and the fact that 2019 in the USA48 is cooler than 2005 is indisputable. The two large peaks are related to natural El Nino events which warmed not just the USA, but the world.

While the U.S. isn’t the world, and the dataset is shorter than the requisite 30 year period for climate data, the lack of warming in the contiguous United States since 2005 shown in the graph above suggests that the data NOAA and NASA use from the antiquated Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN) reflects warmer biases due to urbanization and adjustments to the data."
►All your "research" is confined to right wing sources
Yes you keep saying that.

All my "right wing source" did in this instance was point out NOAA's own data (that NOAA itself does not like to publicize) that disproves the headlines, using newer actual highly accurate and unadjusted NOAA data, as opposed to the older, urban heat sink perverted and adjusted numbers that is used to generate the Hysteric "world on fire" headlines.
► Well, Australia's on fire, and Venice is underwater, and 2019 is the hottest year on record.

So basically, you're just reading a numbskull who's paid by the heartland Institute to pore over the minutia of statistics and give you something else to think about.
By the way, Australia's wild fires are the result of environmental decisions not to remove underbrush and dead wood, and about 200 people have been arrested for intentionally lighting those fires. And Venice is sinking largely because of tectonic plate movement and human engineering to drain groundwater. And 2019, as I've shown you, is almost 1 degree cooler than just 14 years ago, at least here in the states.

So nothing is as simple or a clear as your headlines would have you believe....
► Well, it's clear that the earth is warming, isn't it? Check the temps

I don't know if man has generally cleared Australia's underbrush or not, but the continent has had average temperatures lately of 105 degrees.

And there's no global warming here, there or anywhere because you read some paid scholarship that said 2019 wasn't the second hottest year on record

But of course it was, and your "research" is limited to and focussed on white wing sources, and only on those sources, because you enjoy reading what they have to tell you
1 x
“Believeth thou in the CEO, and the CEO shall bless thee with health insurance."--barrysoetoro

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 22619
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by nolaxride » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:45 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 am
Canadians like it. That means more crops. They need food.

But evilcommie the liberal is outraged because his scientist buddies say it's hurting polar bears. Does evil venture in the arctic much? Or ever? Hell, thinks he lives in a "border" state.

"but but I do, I border with Canada", lol.
Brilliant logic. So if undocumented immigrants aren't hurting you, who cares...

And while the Canadians certainly would love more crops, you forget that if they're getting more crops, the US is getting less.
0 x
-- Oderint dum metuant

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 46512
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:17 pm

Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:10 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:05 pm
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:15 am
psk836 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:09 am
Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:00 am
psk836 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:58 am
If you use the cooked books.

If you use the newest USCRN completely unbiased and unmanipulated data, well, not so much.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/01/15/ ... 5-for-usa/

"While we are on that subject of datasets and small temperature differences, here is a bit of inconvenient data that never gets mentioned.

NOAA’s U.S. Climate Reference Network (USCRN) has the best quality climate data on the planet, yet it never gets mentioned in the NOAA/NASA press releases. Commissioned in 2005, it has the most accurate, unbiased, and un-adjusted data of any climate dataset.

The USCRN has no biases, and no need for adjustments, and in my opinion represents a ground truth for climate change.

In this graph of the contiguous United States updated for 2019 comes out about 0.75°F cooler than the start of the dataset in 2005:

Source: NOAA’s live online data plotter
The data show above was not plotted by me, nor adjusted in any way. It is entirely NOAA’s, and the fact that 2019 in the USA48 is cooler than 2005 is indisputable. The two large peaks are related to natural El Nino events which warmed not just the USA, but the world.

While the U.S. isn’t the world, and the dataset is shorter than the requisite 30 year period for climate data, the lack of warming in the contiguous United States since 2005 shown in the graph above suggests that the data NOAA and NASA use from the antiquated Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN) reflects warmer biases due to urbanization and adjustments to the data."
►All your "research" is confined to right wing sources
Yes you keep saying that.

All my "right wing source" did in this instance was point out NOAA's own data (that NOAA itself does not like to publicize) that disproves the headlines, using newer actual highly accurate and unadjusted NOAA data, as opposed to the older, urban heat sink perverted and adjusted numbers that is used to generate the Hysteric "world on fire" headlines.
► Well, Australia's on fire, and Venice is underwater, and 2019 is the hottest year on record.

So basically, you're just reading a numbskull who's paid by the heartland Institute to pore over the minutia of statistics and give you something else to think about.
Chimpo, what is your point? What is it that you want done?
► To halt global warming?
Yes, McFly.
0 x
"taxing the rich is good for the economy. I get less debt out of it.", Chimpo

User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 17865
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by psk836 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:27 pm
This is why they only mention the US....

Image
Look at all the scary "world on fire" red ink.

We live on an out of control flaming ball spinning through space, I tell ya.
0 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 45421
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by Evil » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Well we were having a substantive conversation about the issue. I guess you don't want to anymore so you resort to hyperbolic nonsense. Surrender accepted.
0 x
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." - Would-be-King Donny

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 46512
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:25 pm
Well we were having a substantive conversation about the issue. I guess you don't want to anymore so you resort to hyperbolic nonsense. Surrender accepted.
Just because psk doesn't wanna play stupid with your junk science?
1 x
"taxing the rich is good for the economy. I get less debt out of it.", Chimpo

User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 17865
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by psk836 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:29 pm

Ok lion. Oh wait, it's just evil stealing somebody else's schtick again.
0 x

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 46512
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: 2019 Is The Second Hottest Year Ever. Honest It Is

Post by barrysoetoro » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:31 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:45 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:49 am
Canadians like it. That means more crops. They need food.

But evilcommie the liberal is outraged because his scientist buddies say it's hurting polar bears. Does evil venture in the arctic much? Or ever? Hell, thinks he lives in a "border" state.

"but but I do, I border with Canada", lol.
Brilliant logic. So if undocumented immigrants aren't hurting you, who cares...

And while the Canadians certainly would love more crops, you forget that if they're getting more crops, the US is getting less.
I'm not buying your junk science that gullible idiots like evilconempire troll about.

so you want America shut down all factories, comply with the UN over this junk science while other countries keep on polluting? Are you really that stupid?
Last edited by barrysoetoro on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
"taxing the rich is good for the economy. I get less debt out of it.", Chimpo

Post Reply