Here it comes...

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
antifa
Courtier

Re: Here it comes...

Post by antifa » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:32 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:12 pm
antifa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:54 pm
JDDJR wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:38 pm
antifa wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:13 pm
20 million workers have yet to fully recover from the recession 11 years ago, so the only recovery was seen on Wall Street. That's how empire works.

Europe is probably worse off than the US with about 4 countries needing a bailout. We can't make America great again by bailing out Wall Street again and starting more wars.
I'm amazed, you finally said something I might agree with.....
Do you also agree that the US and Europe will need Beijing's help to survive the upcoming crash?
Well I kind of lean toward closed borders and isolation for at least 20 years...with military rule.....
While Trump focuses on trade, China is using its Belt and Road initiative to extend its naval power around the globe.
Vice by Julia Lindau

China is using the debts it is owed by other countries to purchase or invest in strategically located ports around the world on terms favorable to Beijing. The country is investing in ports located near U.S. military bases in places like in Djibouti, countries like Israel and Greece, which are traditionally U.S. allies, and, increasingly, in Latin America.

None of these issues are necessarily going to be a problem unless and until there's a conflict, said Carolyn Bartholomew, chairman of the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission. Then, there has to be concern about the Chinese shutting down U.S. access.
-------------------------------------------------------

shutting down US access. oh the irony
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm

antifa wrote:
JDDJR wrote:
antifa wrote:
20 million workers have yet to fully recover from the recession 11 years ago, so the only recovery was seen on Wall Street. That's how empire works.

Europe is probably worse off than the US with about 4 countries needing a bailout. We can't make America great again by bailing out Wall Street again and starting more wars.
Do you also agree that the US and Europe will need Beijing's help to survive the upcoming crash?
I don't think so. Don't forget that the US still has a lot of natural resources.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

antifa
Courtier

Post by antifa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:52 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:10 pm
antifa wrote:
JDDJR wrote:
antifa wrote:

I don't think so. Don't forget that the US still has a lot of natural resources.
China has a lot of the rare earth minerals that the US is dependant on. As of now, China is reluctant to cash in its $1.3 trillion in US treasury bonds because it will crash the market economy that Beijing seems to be enjoying. If this upcoming crash is anything like the 1929 crash, unemployment will jump to 30%.

We can't keep pretending that unemployment is below 4%, and we can't keep flooding the economy with fiat currency and claiming we've recovered from the last crash. Something's gotta give. There is no reason to be in a trade war with China.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 pm

antifa wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:52 pm
nolaxride wrote:
antifa wrote:
JDDJR wrote:
antifa wrote:

China has a lot of the rare earth minerals that the US is dependant on. As of now, China is reluctant to cash in its $1.3 trillion in US treasury bonds because it will crash the market economy that Beijing seems to be enjoying. If this upcoming crash is anything like the 1929 crash, unemployment will jump to 30%.

We can't keep pretending that unemployment is below 4%, and we can't keep flooding the economy with fiat currency and claiming we've recovered from the last crash. Something's gotta give. There is no reason to be in a trade war with China.
Let's not forget that Brazil, India, and Australia, also have large deposits of rare earth minerals. Brazil and India are particularly interesting because indications are for much larger deposits.

True. China owns a ton of our debt. 1.1 trillion, or 27 percent. That's historically low. Further, the market for those treasuries is good. Two years ago China dropped +/- $40 billion. The market didn't blink. They just got done selling $20 billion, the market didn't notice.

On unemployment, we're finally getting some real numbers. Having last years numbers revised down by a half-million provides some perspective. It's an okay economy, not a good economy. The new taxes will sink it.

And I agree. There is no need to be in a trade war with China. None.
2 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

Scooter
Imperial Majesty

Post by Scooter » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:41 am

Woah, that one day recession was BRUTAL!!!

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
0 x
After all the lies and trumped-up charges... *STILL* your President.

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:43 am

psk836 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:08 am
Liberals anticipate financial hardship for Americans the way children anticipate Christmas morning.
consider that many have been watching the economy for a decade thinking there's still something wrong with this picture.

has anyone noticed that the manufacturing sector is now in a recession; two consecutive quarters of contraction>
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

antifa
Courtier

Post by antifa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:07 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:03 pm
antifa wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:52 pm
nolaxride wrote:
antifa wrote:
JDDJR wrote:
antifa wrote:

Let's not forget that Brazil, India, and Australia, also have large deposits of rare earth minerals. Brazil and India are particularly interesting because indications are for much larger deposits.

True. China owns a ton of our debt. 1.1 trillion, or 27 percent. That's historically low. Further, the market for those treasuries is good. Two years ago China dropped +/- $40 billion. The market didn't blink. They just got done selling $20 billion, the market didn't notice.

On unemployment, we're finally getting some real numbers. Having last years numbers revised down by a half-million provides some perspective. It's an okay economy, not a good economy. The new taxes will sink it.

And I agree. There is no need to be in a trade war with China. None.
I must have read some fake news again. When Xi visited a rare earth mining facility back in May, the news made it sound like Xi was showing the world his trump card. Beijing plays a long game so economists are saying China won't do anything foolish. My point is that Beijing has the better hand with enough cash to ride out a long, deep recession.

The Fed has to raise interest rates before the crash or there will be no room to move rates down after the crash. Politicians only care about getting reelected and Trump is no exception. I still believe the global economy will crash before the 2020 election. That will be enough for the people of the world to rise up and demand change.
0 x

barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:24 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 am
psk836 wrote:
Liberals anticipate financial hardship for Americans the way children anticipate Christmas morning.
The egg is headed for the floor. It doesn’t take a genius to anticipate the mess.
Who enthusiastically signed the gramm-leach bill?
0 x
No, we DON'T need to impeach Trump when you can't even post ONE letter of text from the "Mueller Report", you pathetic 0bama suck-up

barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:25 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:43 am
psk836 wrote:
consider that many have been watching the economy for a decade thinking there's still something wrong with this picture.

has anyone noticed that the manufacturing sector is now in a recession; two consecutive quarters of contraction>
I suppose too much Liberty and not enough regulations caused that, yes?
0 x
No, we DON'T need to impeach Trump when you can't even post ONE letter of text from the "Mueller Report", you pathetic 0bama suck-up

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:26 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:24 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:11 am
psk836 wrote:
The egg is headed for the floor. It doesn’t take a genius to anticipate the mess.
Who enthusiastically signed the gramm-leach bill?
How is the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and how it protects your financial information relevant to this conversation?
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius