What Passenger Smuggled On Board Delta Flight Proves Is A Complete Failure Of The TSA

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
illeatyourdates2
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

What Passenger Smuggled On Board Delta Flight Proves Is A Complete Failure Of The TSA

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:23 pm

By
Michael Stanley -
January 14, 2019
SHARES

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recently admitted to completely and utterly failing at their one, primary objective, their true purpose of existing.

They totally missed a passenger carrying a gun, who managed to get past a TSA checkpoint and board a Delta flight from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to Tokyo Narita International Airport on January 3.

Yikes.

TSA’s statement read, “TSA has determined standard procedures were not followed and a passenger did in fact pass through a standard screening TSA checkpoint with a firearm at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport on the morning of January 3.” Delta gave a statement to CNN attesting that “upon the customer’s disclosure, the airline reported the incident to the TSA.”

During the federal government’s partial shutdown, TSA agents have not received paychecks, according to CNN. TSA stated, “The perception that this might have occurred as a result of the partial government shutdown would be false. The national unscheduled absence rate of TSA staff on Thursday, January 3, 2019, was 4.8% compared to 6.3% last year, Thursday, January 4, 2018. So in fact, the national call out rate was higher a year ago than this year on that date.”

In June 2015, the acting administrator for the TSA, Melvin Carraway, was reassigned after the Department of Homeland Security filed a report delineating how “red teams” working for the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Inspector General managed to secret banned items past screeners a whopping 67 times out of the 70 attempts that were made.

At the time, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, stated, “Over the past six years, we have seen TSA consume an enormous amount of government resources, but I’m not convinced we have much to show for it. After spending over $540 million on baggage screening equipment and millions more on training, the failure rate today is higher than it was in 2007. Something is not working. I have long been a proponent of using low-tech bomb-sniffing dogs to detect weapons and explosives. Government needs to recognize that the most effective solution is not always the most expensive one.”

You know, when a regular citizen who works in the private sector screws up this badly, they usually end up with a ticket to the unemployment line. However, when you are employed by the government, it seems you just get a shoulder shrug and a “do better next time.”

The TSA is proving themselves to be very ineffective at keeping flights safe, so perhaps the organization should be throughly investigated and critical improvements made so that citizens can be kept safe as they travel.

This, however, probably won’t happen.

READ TWEETS:

https://greatamericanpolitics.com/2019/ ... f-the-tsa/

:angel:
0 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Re: What Passenger Smuggled On Board Delta Flight Proves Is A Complete Failure Of The TSA

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:48 pm

...and? What do you propose?
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

barrysoetoro

Re: What Passenger Smuggled On Board Delta Flight Proves Is A Complete Failure Of The TSA

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:48 pm
Yeah, if the wall doesn't work what do you propose?
0 x
No, we DON'T need to impeach Trump when you can't even post ONE letter of text from the "Mueller Report", you pathetic 0bama suck-up

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Glad you asked:

More human, sensor, and air patrols
Better enforcement of container and vehicle inspections at POE
Prosecution of the employers of illegals, especially at golf resorts
Expanded asylum and immigration courts capacity
Better follow up of issued legal visas
1 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:25 pm

The wall on the southern border would prevent this :lo2l:
1 x
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:39 pm

"...especially at golf resorts...."

So it's all about politics k got it
:up:
0 x
"Discontent with money is just another trick of the rich to keep the poor without it" Michael Corleone in Godfather2

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:52 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:02 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:51 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Glad you asked:

More human, sensor, and air patrols
Better enforcement of container and vehicle inspections at POE
Prosecution of the employers of illegals, especially at golf resorts
Expanded asylum and immigration courts capacity
Better follow up of issued legal visas
How about all the illegals that bypass that where there is no wall? You're really a clueless moron.

"hey look, here come some illegals on one of the satellite cams.... some here.... some there.... spread over hundreds of miles..... gee, they didn't all come through one spot so we could arrest them like President Ly'in (D) suggested?".
0 x
No, we DON'T need to impeach Trump when you can't even post ONE letter of text from the "Mueller Report", you pathetic 0bama suck-up

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:25 pm
The wall on the southern border would prevent this :lo2l:
You accidentally said the wall IS effective on another thread, inadvertently backing up the President.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Trump needs to fire the sick-out TSA agents just like Ronnie fired ATC
1 x
"Discontent with money is just another trick of the rich to keep the poor without it" Michael Corleone in Godfather2

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:18 pm

illeatyourdates2 wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:23 pm
By
Michael Stanley -
January 14, 2019
SHARES

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) recently admitted to completely and utterly failing at their one, primary objective, their true purpose of existing.

They totally missed a passenger carrying a gun, who managed to get past a TSA checkpoint and board a Delta flight from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to Tokyo Narita International Airport on January 3.

Yikes.

TSA’s statement read, “TSA has determined standard procedures were not followed and a passenger did in fact pass through a standard screening TSA checkpoint with a firearm at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport on the morning of January 3.” Delta gave a statement to CNN attesting that “upon the customer’s disclosure, the airline reported the incident to the TSA.”

During the federal government’s partial shutdown, TSA agents have not received paychecks, according to CNN. TSA stated, “The perception that this might have occurred as a result of the partial government shutdown would be false. The national unscheduled absence rate of TSA staff on Thursday, January 3, 2019, was 4.8% compared to 6.3% last year, Thursday, January 4, 2018. So in fact, the national call out rate was higher a year ago than this year on that date.”

In June 2015, the acting administrator for the TSA, Melvin Carraway, was reassigned after the Department of Homeland Security filed a report delineating how “red teams” working for the Department of Homeland Security’s Office of the Inspector General managed to secret banned items past screeners a whopping 67 times out of the 70 attempts that were made.

At the time, Rep. Jason Chaffetz, chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, stated, “Over the past six years, we have seen TSA consume an enormous amount of government resources, but I’m not convinced we have much to show for it. After spending over $540 million on baggage screening equipment and millions more on training, the failure rate today is higher than it was in 2007. Something is not working. I have long been a proponent of using low-tech bomb-sniffing dogs to detect weapons and explosives. Government needs to recognize that the most effective solution is not always the most expensive one.”

You know, when a regular citizen who works in the private sector screws up this badly, they usually end up with a ticket to the unemployment line. However, when you are employed by the government, it seems you just get a shoulder shrug and a “do better next time.”

The TSA is proving themselves to be very ineffective at keeping flights safe, so perhaps the organization should be throughly investigated and critical improvements made so that citizens can be kept safe as they travel.

This, however, probably won’t happen.

READ TWEETS:

https://greatamericanpolitics.com/2019/ ... f-the-tsa/

:angel:
This is what happens when government employees don't get paid.
0 x