Trump: US will 'devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds'

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
illeatyourdates2
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:31 am

by Naomi Lim
| January 13, 2019 07:18 PM

President Trump vowed Sunday to unleash economic destruction on Turkey should its military forces target Kurdish allies when U.S. troops completely withdraw from Syria.

"Starting the long overdue pullout from Syria while hitting the little remaining ISIS territorial caliphate hard, and from many directions. Will attack again from existing nearby base if it reforms. Will devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds. Create 20 mile safe zone," Trump tweeted. "Likewise, do not want the Kurds to provoke Turkey. Russia, Iran and Syria have been the biggest beneficiaries of the long term U.S. policy of destroying ISIS in Syria - natural enemies. We also benefit but it is now time to bring our troops back home. Stop the ENDLESS WARS!"

Trump's tweets come after the U.S. drawdown in Syria officially began last week in response to the president's abrupt order in December. Trump's demand drew swift bipartisan backlash from lawmakers on Capitol Hill and prompted former Defense Secretary Jim Mattis to resign in protest. None of the 2,200 troops have left the war-torn region yet though, a Pentagon official told the Washington Examiner on Friday.

Trump has backed off his initial call for a swift U.S. exit — as evidenced by national security adviser John Bolton saying last weekend that American forces would remain in Syria until the Islamic State's remnants are destroyed and a pullout would be incumbent on Turkey offering assurances it would not harm Kurdish allies of the U.S. operating in the area. Turkish officials consider Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units, or YPG, to be terrorists who have contributed to political instability within their own borders.

Bolton's conditions were not welcomed by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, with whom he liaised during a recent trip to Israel and Turkey to quell concerns over the change in U.S. policy related to Syria.

“Bolton has made a serious mistake and whoever thinks like this has also made a mistake,” Erdogan told his nation's parliamentarians last week, according to Hurriyet Daily News. “It is not possible for us to make compromises on this point.”

“Very soon, we will act on neutralizing terrorist groups in Syria, and we will take out other terror groups that might try to prevent us from doing this,” he said. “For Turkey, there is no difference between the PKK, YPG, PYD or [ISIS]."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... er%20Today

:angel:
0 x

stuporstitionist
Imperial Majesty

Re: Trump: US will 'devastate Turkey economically if they hit Kurds'

Post by stuporstitionist » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 am

Putin must be loving this.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

aluannie@q.com
Majesty

Post by aluannie@q.com » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 am

stuporstitionist wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:48 am
So strange for someone who finds himself superior to all others, knows what Putin loves and yet is posting his "glorious" opinions on an ordinary message board instead on the world stage. Of course that is true if said poster is as smart as he believes himself to be.
0 x

stuporstitionist
Imperial Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:16 am
stuporstitionist wrote:
So strange for someone who finds himself superior to all others, knows what Putin loves and yet is posting his "glorious" opinions on an ordinary message board instead on the world stage. Of course that is true if said poster is as smart as he believes himself to be.
Ok Mac, tell me who benefits from discord with and between our Allies? Hint: it rhymes with "Putin".

Don't worry, I don't expect a real answer from you, because you'd need to actually address the topic instead of posting lame insults.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

illeatyourdates2

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:53 am

stuporstitionist wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am
aluannie@q.com wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:
Ok Mac, tell me who benefits from discord with and between our Allies? Hint: it rhymes with "Putin".

Don't worry, I don't expect a real answer from you, because you'd need to actually address the topic instead of posting lame insults.
You are just pissed because Putin wouldn't let you go down on him!!

And your IDIOT ASS fails to see the Kurds helped us in Syria and Turkey didn't, plus the Kurds are your boy Putins enemies, so yes if Turkey attacks the Kurds that makes them NOT A TRUE NATO member and needs to be destroyed economically!!

:angel:
0 x

aluannie@q.com
Majesty

Post by aluannie@q.com » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:00 am

stuporstitionist wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:23 am
aluannie@q.com wrote:
stuporstitionist wrote:

I guess we are even because I don't ever expect a real post from you that didn't have an underlying attack on someone.
0 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am

Par for the course: tRump promises an even bigger mistake to compensate for his earlier big mistake. I’m glad he has someone else drive for him.

Russia eating this with a spoon. TRump is achieving the breakdown of NATO that Russia couldn’t achieve in seventy years.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:09 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:48 am
Par for the course: tRump promises an even bigger mistake to compensate for his earlier big mistake. I’m glad he has someone else drive for him.

Russia eating this with a spoon. TRump is achieving the breakdown of NATO that Russia couldn’t achieve in seventy years.
NATO stands for North American takeover.

And I still don't know what Russia is getting out of this.
0 x
No, we DON'T need to impeach Trump when you can't even post ONE letter of text from the "Mueller Report", you pathetic 0bama suck-up

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:10 pm

Only because you can’t read the explanations already posted.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

barrysoetoro

Post by barrysoetoro » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Nothing then. Thanks for clarifying.
0 x
No, we DON'T need to impeach Trump when you can't even post ONE letter of text from the "Mueller Report", you pathetic 0bama suck-up