This Year’s Natural Disasters Show Climate Change’s Dire Consequences Are Already Here

Are you a Gorebot? A Denier? Let's mix it up here and figure this issue out!
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

This Year’s Natural Disasters Show Climate Change’s Dire Consequences Are Already Here

Post by evilconempire » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:06 pm

In 2018, record-breaking wildfires and historic levels of rain have hit the U.S.
By Sarah Ruiz-Grossman

But the dire consequences of climate change are not just possibilities in a distant future ― they’re already here. While most scientists generally won’t attribute any single weather event or disaster to climate change, the scientific community, including experts at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, has warned that human-driven global warming influences extreme weather events ― for instance, more frequent and intense storms or wildfires.

“The impacts of climate change are no longer subtle. We’re seeing them play out, in real time, on our television screens and in our newspaper headlines,” Michael Mann, director of the Earth System Science Center at Penn State University, told HuffPost.

He noted that the “record floods, heat waves, droughts and wildfires” as well as “superstorms” seen over the past couple years have “as an underlying cause, the effects of climate change.”

“When it comes to the actions necessary to avert ever-more catastrophic climate change impacts, time is running out,” Mann added.

1. The deadliest wildfire in California history wiped out a town

2. California also saw its largest ever wildfire

3. Two devastating hurricanes hit the East Coast within a month

4. Historic rains triggered floods and landslides in Hawaii

5. A historic monsoon in India killed hundreds and displaced thousands

6. Record rains in Japan triggered deadly landslides and flooding

7. A super typhoon hit a U.S. territory as the second strongest storm ever on U.S. soil
0 x
"I find nothing in you that is worthwhile and hope the next guy with a gun that wants to shoot up a school runs into you." :prech: