Tillerson calls Trump undisciplined. Trump calls Tillerson ‘dumb as a rock.’

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
lust4beer
Majesty

Tillerson calls Trump undisciplined. Trump calls Tillerson ‘dumb as a rock.’

Post by lust4beer » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:33 pm

Absence does not make the heart grow fonder when it comes to President Trump and his first secretary of state, Rex Tillerson.

Nine months after Trump summarily dismissed his top diplomat by tweet, Trump and Tillerson were back to bickering as they traded accusations in a relationship that at turns has been icy and blistering.

After Tillerson publicly said their encounters grew rocky over Trump’s directives to do things that were illegal, Trump hit back in a tweet in which he branded Tillerson “dumb as a rock” and “lazy as hell.”

The biting retort came after Tillerson made his first public remarks about Trump during an appearance Thursday night at a charity event in Texas, where Tillerson has retired to his ranch.

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want you to do, and here’s how I want you to do it,’ ” Tillerson said at a fundraiser for the MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.

“And I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do. But you can’t do it that way. It violates the law,’ ” he said.

As if to confirm how toxic their interactions had become, Trump praised Tillerson’s successor, Mike Pompeo, and then dismissed the abilities of Tillerson, who ran Exxon Mobil before stepping down to work for Trump.

“Mike Pompeo is doing a great job, I am very proud of him. His predecessor, Rex Tillerson, didn’t have the mental capacity needed. He was dumb as a rock and I couldn’t get rid of him fast enough. He was lazy as hell. Now it is a whole new ballgame, great spirit at State!”

Trump’s judgment on Tillerson was the polar opposite when he nominated him, praising him in December 2016 as a “world-class player” who made “massive deals” while CEO of a mammoth oil company.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: Tillerson calls Trump undisciplined. Trump calls Tillerson ‘dumb as a rock.’

Post by nolaxride » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:34 pm

Who would you believe? The man who ran a billion dollar corporation, or the man who went bankrupt.
1 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Re: Tillerson calls Trump undisciplined. Trump calls Tillerson ‘dumb as a rock.’

Post by brookboy123 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 am

How sad.........how sad for America.

Look at what we have dirtying the White House.

Pietro, can we get an “upside-down” American flag smilie.

We need it now, more than ever.
0 x

aluannie@q.com
Heir Apparent

Post by aluannie@q.com » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:26 am

brookboy123 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 am

We need no such thing. You are ignorant and have no morals which takes away your voice in any discussion. The filth in the White House was removed when Obama left office. We are now again in an era of love of Country while the Obama's continue to display their total lack of class with their constant attacks on the man who cleaned up their mess and has this Country on the path of prosperity once again.
0 x

maxwell
Royal Highness

Post by maxwell » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:32 am

^^^

1 x
:rock: & then there's YOU, the reason God gave us the middle finger :demonfinger:

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:21 pm

aluannie@q.com wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:26 am
brookboy123 wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 am

We need no such thing. You are ignorant and have no morals which takes away your voice in any discussion. The filth in the White House was removed when Obama left office. We are now again in an era of love of Country while the Obama's continue to display their total lack of class with their constant attacks on the man who cleaned up their mess and has this Country on the path of prosperity once again.
I'm sure you can show me examples where the Obama's have attacked the president. I won't start on what the president has to say about Obama.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius