The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33063
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:36 pm

Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:32 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:16 pm
psk836 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:15 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:12 pm
psk836 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:11 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 pm
here comes Christy. Looks like little Lindsey's Oscar-caliber performance during the Saint Kav hearings didn't get him the job.
And yet, Graham came across as so much more masculine than Schumer and Booker and all the hysterical Democrats.

Not just anybody can make Lindsey Graham look tough, but your leadership managed to do it.
Lindsey looked tough to you?

Image
Compared to the Democrats, yeah.
That's funny. Don't worry. There aren't any Democrats being considered for the position. Just a line of GOP bootlickers.
Says the Obama bootlicker. You asshole, shut your face.
Look what I did to Image again...

Image
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Scooter
Heir Apparent
Posts: 3374
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by Scooter » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm

Image
0 x
Image
"When we correct this mistake you forced on us, we need to take away your right to vote" - EConTheNaziPigMoron

User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33063
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by evilconempire » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm
Image
Image
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 30267
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:09 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 pm
Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm
Image
Image
Black on black is okay with Liberals. Bet if that was a white guy, you'd say otherwise
0 x
☪ "May God d*mn the Saudis and America.", brookboy123 (nobrain & dope are fine with this )

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 16641
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by nolaxride » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:06 am

psk836 wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:55 pm
I know all the liberals say the appointment is unconstitutional, but we can dismiss their arguments pretty much out of hand because we know they are only concerned about protecting the Mueller Switch Project. But several prominent conservatives including Justice Clarence Thomas and John Yoo also say the appointment is unconstitutional, because all major cabinet heads (and DOJ is definitively major) are constitutionally required to be approved by the Senate under the Appointments Clause.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/11/08/ ... itutional/

'“The Constitution says that principal officers must go through appointment with the advice and consent of the Senate. In Morrison v. Olson, the Supreme Court made clear that the Attorney General is a principal officer. Therefore, Whittaker cannot serve as acting Attorney General despite the Vacancies Act (which does provide for him to be acting AG) — the statute is unconstitutional when applied in this way.”'

However others argue that the appointment of Whitaker is perfectly constitutional because of revisions to the Vacancies Act, as modified during the Clinton Administration.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/11/ ... nt-choice/

"Matthew Whitaker joined the Trump Justice Department as Sessions’s chief of staff in October 2017. The date is relevant. The president has named him as acting attorney general under the Vacancies Reform Act of 1998 (the relevant provisions are codified at Sections 3345 and 3346 of Title 5, U.S. Code). There has been some commentary suggesting that because Whitaker was in a job (chief of staff) that did not require Senate confirmation, he could not become the “acting officer” in a position (AG) that calls for Senate confirmation. Not so. The Vacancies Act enables the president to name an acting officer, who may serve as such for 210 days, as long as the person named has been working at the agency or department for at least 90 days in a fairly high-ranking position. Whitaker qualifies."
WTF kind of logic is that? You can't dismiss arguments that the appointment is unconstitutional just because... and that's what you're doing.

Whittaker's job requires confirmation. That why Thomas and others called it unconstitutional. Those arguing the other side don't have any SCOTUS rulings in their favor.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

User avatar
psk836
God-Like
Posts: 10615
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by psk836 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:26 am

See Vacancies Act.
0 x

User avatar
brookboy123
Imperial Majesty
Posts: 6809
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by brookboy123 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:02 am

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:02 pm
here comes Christy. Looks like little Lindsey's Oscar-caliber performance during the Saint Kav hearings didn't get him the job.
Now that McCain is no longer around, Lindsey sure has stepped up his penchant for the dramatic.

Christie.....OY.

.........and I heard the name of a real chooch, Giuliani, being bantered around.
0 x

User avatar
Scooter
Heir Apparent
Posts: 3374
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:56 pm

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by Scooter » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:17 pm

Someone take BrookeBackMoron's heroin needle.
0 x
Image
"When we correct this mistake you forced on us, we need to take away your right to vote" - EConTheNaziPigMoron

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 16641
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: The Constitutionality Debate Over Whitaker Appointment

Post by nolaxride » Sat Nov 10, 2018 11:23 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:09 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:39 pm
Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:38 pm
Image
Image
Black on black is okay with Liberals. Bet if that was a white guy, you'd say otherwise
What is your point?
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

Post Reply