Bought me an old Subaru for $1

Car talk
Pete
Site Admin

Bought me an old Subaru for $1

Post by Pete » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:41 am

Owner spent a fortune trying to fix overheating. New radiator, water pump, hoses, thermostat. Also has a new battery, fresh brakes and Michelin tires and other stuff. He has other cars so he said get the damn thing outta here. I fixed it in under 30 minutes with a couple tiny holes drilled in the thermostat flange. Turns out the 2.5L engine has a propensity to hold air pockets in the area of the bimetal spring on the thermostat. The tiny holes allow the air to go elsewhere. Some race car hobbyists use the same technique
0 x
I find it difficult to sit still in one place and impossible to sit still in two places----Brother Theodore

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Bought me an old Subaru for $1

Post by Pete » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:09 pm

".....In the 1990s, an ad firm hired by Subaru found the all wheel drive cars were popular among lesbians. The company started including subtle marketing to this demographic.[22][23]...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru

maybe the all wheel drive lets them go deep into the bush :nesaitpas:
0 x
I find it difficult to sit still in one place and impossible to sit still in two places----Brother Theodore

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Bought me an old Subaru for $1

Post by Pete » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:00 pm

Tried a tank of ethanol-free gasoline in the Subaru, mileage was no different.

Of course this was not a scientific test, strictly anecdotal. Based on the relaxed standards of proof now in place however, I'm sure you will take my word

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cultur ... fficiency/
0 x