"Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Welcome all former Yahoo Message Boards members and everybody else! We're glad you are here!
User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 2989
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:04 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm


Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
What rule has not been enforced?
Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Maybe some think justvefiting our violations in punishment lol
Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
I believe it. You have told me numerous times, as well as other posters here, that the violation has to be reported. I never understood why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. You mistake an honest and accurate description of the process here as complaining.
Did you not understand the part about not reading every post? If you feel something violates the rules report it. We don't read everything and if you feel it needs to be dealt with report it.
I just told you that I believe it that you mods don't read every post. Do you not understand that you have been part of conversations that have had clear violations in them and when it's mentioned that something broke the rules your response was "report it"? I'm just questioning why a mod can't identify a violation on their own.
And you know it wasn't reported how? And you know nothing was done how?
Because you told me to report it. Because the violation remained as well as the person. However, neither of those is the point. I'm asking very clearly why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. Why does it have to be reported by someone else? Or maybe I was misinformed by you.
OK, you claim that I was part of a conversation where you said something violated the rules. Do you have said link?
0 x

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 28873
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:24 pm

chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:00 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:20 pm
chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:46 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:19 pm
chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:10 pm
chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:54 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 am
chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:27 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:11 am


Not that I know of
So you were just shaking things up .
It's not my thread and it's not about me.
Ofcourse it is your thread . You are the one who started it. You are the one calling out the board owner and moderators. What other reason would you do that other than an effort to shake things up and initiate change ?
It’s a response to the crawl at the top of the page. It doesn’t call out anyone. Are you somehow against enforcing the rules?
Did I say I was ? It is what it is. We already went over this several times. I think you just needed to vent.
If you did then I wouldn't be asking. You didn't answer the question though. I'm not venting, complaining, whining, etc. I'm just replying to the crawl about us knowing the rules with a quite reasonable request that they be enforced also. I had no idea it would turn into such an entertaining spin on that.
The response was predictable. I mean I asked posters to stop calling each other “ traitors “ and I got 22 pages of interesting replies.
Do you think this one will get to 22 pages? You still haven't answered the question.
No. No.
:iagree:
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 28873
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:04 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm


Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
What rule has not been enforced?
Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Maybe some think justvefiting our violations in punishment lol
Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
I believe it. You have told me numerous times, as well as other posters here, that the violation has to be reported. I never understood why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. You mistake an honest and accurate description of the process here as complaining.
Did you not understand the part about not reading every post? If you feel something violates the rules report it. We don't read everything and if you feel it needs to be dealt with report it.
I just told you that I believe it that you mods don't read every post. Do you not understand that you have been part of conversations that have had clear violations in them and when it's mentioned that something broke the rules your response was "report it"? I'm just questioning why a mod can't identify a violation on their own.
And you know it wasn't reported how? And you know nothing was done how?
Because you told me to report it. Because the violation remained as well as the person. However, neither of those is the point. I'm asking very clearly why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. Why does it have to be reported by someone else? Or maybe I was misinformed by you.
OK, you claim that I was part of a conversation where you said something violated the rules. Do you have said link?
A couple of times actually. No, I don't have a link. The search feature says "report" is too common and yields no results on your posts. You really don't remember telling me to report something after I said it was a violation of the rules?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 2989
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:04 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm


What rule has not been enforced?
Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Maybe some think justvefiting our violations in punishment lol
Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
I believe it. You have told me numerous times, as well as other posters here, that the violation has to be reported. I never understood why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. You mistake an honest and accurate description of the process here as complaining.
Did you not understand the part about not reading every post? If you feel something violates the rules report it. We don't read everything and if you feel it needs to be dealt with report it.
I just told you that I believe it that you mods don't read every post. Do you not understand that you have been part of conversations that have had clear violations in them and when it's mentioned that something broke the rules your response was "report it"? I'm just questioning why a mod can't identify a violation on their own.
And you know it wasn't reported how? And you know nothing was done how?
Because you told me to report it. Because the violation remained as well as the person. However, neither of those is the point. I'm asking very clearly why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. Why does it have to be reported by someone else? Or maybe I was misinformed by you.
OK, you claim that I was part of a conversation where you said something violated the rules. Do you have said link?
A couple of times actually. No, I don't have a link. The search feature says "report" is too common and yields no results on your posts. You really don't remember telling me to report something after I said it was a violation of the rules?
How do you know it wasn't reported? Plain and simple report it if you feel it violates a rule.
0 x

User avatar
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 28873
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by evilconempire » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:04 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm


Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Maybe some think justvefiting our violations in punishment lol
Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
I believe it. You have told me numerous times, as well as other posters here, that the violation has to be reported. I never understood why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. You mistake an honest and accurate description of the process here as complaining.
Did you not understand the part about not reading every post? If you feel something violates the rules report it. We don't read everything and if you feel it needs to be dealt with report it.
I just told you that I believe it that you mods don't read every post. Do you not understand that you have been part of conversations that have had clear violations in them and when it's mentioned that something broke the rules your response was "report it"? I'm just questioning why a mod can't identify a violation on their own.
And you know it wasn't reported how? And you know nothing was done how?
Because you told me to report it. Because the violation remained as well as the person. However, neither of those is the point. I'm asking very clearly why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. Why does it have to be reported by someone else? Or maybe I was misinformed by you.
OK, you claim that I was part of a conversation where you said something violated the rules. Do you have said link?
A couple of times actually. No, I don't have a link. The search feature says "report" is too common and yields no results on your posts. You really don't remember telling me to report something after I said it was a violation of the rules?
How do you know it wasn't reported? Plain and simple report it if you feel it violates a rule.
If the violation is directed at you, a mod, why would I need to report it?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 2989
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:18 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:09 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:59 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:04 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm


Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
I believe it. You have told me numerous times, as well as other posters here, that the violation has to be reported. I never understood why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. You mistake an honest and accurate description of the process here as complaining.
Did you not understand the part about not reading every post? If you feel something violates the rules report it. We don't read everything and if you feel it needs to be dealt with report it.
I just told you that I believe it that you mods don't read every post. Do you not understand that you have been part of conversations that have had clear violations in them and when it's mentioned that something broke the rules your response was "report it"? I'm just questioning why a mod can't identify a violation on their own.
And you know it wasn't reported how? And you know nothing was done how?
Because you told me to report it. Because the violation remained as well as the person. However, neither of those is the point. I'm asking very clearly why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. Why does it have to be reported by someone else? Or maybe I was misinformed by you.
OK, you claim that I was part of a conversation where you said something violated the rules. Do you have said link?
A couple of times actually. No, I don't have a link. The search feature says "report" is too common and yields no results on your posts. You really don't remember telling me to report something after I said it was a violation of the rules?
How do you know it wasn't reported? Plain and simple report it if you feel it violates a rule.
If the violation is directed at you, a mod, why would I need to report it?
What ever mod it is can deal with it.
0 x

Post Reply