Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
antifa
Heir Presumptive
Posts: 2428
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:12 pm

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by antifa » Sat May 23, 2020 8:00 pm

Is this anything like that movie Chinatown?
0 x

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 24710
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by nolaxride » Sat May 23, 2020 8:33 pm

psk836 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:11 pm
The dam is 96 years old.
True. And the owners have done no maintenance. They were notified of the issues, as outlined in multiple FERC reports, and yet they did nothing.

Here's what they should have done. Rainbow Dam was over 100 years old.

https://www.hydroreview.com/2013/07/11/ ... lant/#gref

And let's also note that the dam project part of the Obama stimulus money. The reconstruction project took over six years. Six years of 'temporary' construction jobs.
0 x
-- Oderint dum metuant

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 51156
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat May 23, 2020 8:58 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:09 pm
This dam, as noted in the FERC rejection, didn't meet federal standards when it was built. Blaming this on the state is a strawman argument.
Here we go again, the government knows best.

But I want to know is why the government didn't step in and do their damn job?

and yes, I can see the state doing something stupid like worrying about the environment and not the structure of the dam itself.
1 x
The democraps are still enforcing strict Covid-19 protocol while they get paid, encouraging Americans to stay home and go bankrupt for the 2020 election

User avatar
KC_
Rock Star
Posts: 12502
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:46 pm

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by KC_ » Sat May 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Pete wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:56 pm
Skidmark thinks we are splitting the atom here

:rofl1:
AC , what a character.

Posting here is part of his therapy. Unfortunately it hasn’t helped him at all. :sun:
1 x
“I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees “
Stephane Charbonnier

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 24710
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by nolaxride » Sun May 24, 2020 1:08 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:58 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:09 pm
This dam, as noted in the FERC rejection, didn't meet federal standards when it was built. Blaming this on the state is a strawman argument.
Here we go again, the government knows best.

But I want to know is why the government didn't step in and do their damn job?

and yes, I can see the state doing something stupid like worrying about the environment and not the structure of the dam itself.
No. FERC knows best. That's why the revoked the dam's permit. That's why we need regulations. Imagine building a house where there are no regulations. How do you know its structurally sound? How do you know if it's wired correctly? The same goes for FERC regulations.
0 x
-- Oderint dum metuant

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 48510
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by Evil » Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 pm

Look at all the limited gov't cons blaming the gov't for not stepping in on this privately owned dam. Were they supposed to take ownership of it? Boyce didn't want to make the repairs because they had a pending sale and didn't want to spend the money.
1 x
"Then I have an Article 2, where I have the right to do whatever I want as president." - Would-be-King Donny

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 51156
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by barrysoetoro » Sun May 24, 2020 3:26 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:08 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 8:58 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:09 pm
This dam, as noted in the FERC rejection, didn't meet federal standards when it was built. Blaming this on the state is a strawman argument.
Here we go again, the government knows best.

But I want to know is why the government didn't step in and do their damn job?

and yes, I can see the state doing something stupid like worrying about the environment and not the structure of the dam itself.
No. FERC knows best. That's why the revoked the dam's permit. That's why we need regulations. Imagine building a house where there are no regulations. How do you know its structurally sound? How do you know if it's wired correctly? The same goes for FERC regulations.
Yeah, imagine a society where you can't get sued for stuff like that. You liberals have regulated this country to death, and I'd say that's enough.
0 x
The democraps are still enforcing strict Covid-19 protocol while they get paid, encouraging Americans to stay home and go bankrupt for the 2020 election

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 51156
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by barrysoetoro » Sun May 24, 2020 3:26 pm

Evil wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 pm
Look at all the limited gov't cons blaming the gov't for not stepping in on this privately owned dam. Were they supposed to take ownership of it? Boyce didn't want to make the repairs because they had a pending sale and didn't want to spend the money.
FOAD, you c***sucking little piece of s***.

Why didn't your beloved government step in, dick head?
0 x
The democraps are still enforcing strict Covid-19 protocol while they get paid, encouraging Americans to stay home and go bankrupt for the 2020 election

User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21161
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by psk836 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:47 pm

KC_ wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:17 pm
psk836 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 7:13 pm
Boyce reportedly sued the regulators last year to lower the water levels and regulators blocked them.
This is what happens when misguided government idiots are put in charge and make bad decisions.
Boyce said regulators had environmental protection concerns for a clam.
1 x

User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21161
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Report: Dam Owner Fought With State Regulators Over Water Levels

Post by psk836 » Sun May 24, 2020 3:48 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 3:26 pm
Evil wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:19 pm
Look at all the limited gov't cons blaming the gov't for not stepping in on this privately owned dam. Were they supposed to take ownership of it? Boyce didn't want to make the repairs because they had a pending sale and didn't want to spend the money.
FOAD, you c***sucking little piece of s***.

Why didn't your beloved government step in, dick head?
They did. They pulled the dam owner’s license two years ago and transferred authority to the DNR. Who did a bunch more nothing for the past two years.
0 x

Post Reply