“Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Post Reply
User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21161
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

“Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by psk836 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm

As liberals predictably move the goalposts like they always do.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... f-vaccine/

“When asked if the return of large events are contingent on a vaccination, Wolf said Pennsylvanians need to be confident that the novel coronavirus is under control and treatable. He said he believes it will take a vaccine or “some assurance that they’re not going to get sick” to attend big events, go shopping, and return to school.“

Note there has NEVER been a vaccine developed for any Coronavirus.
2 x

User avatar
thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator
Posts: 13827
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: “Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by thelionofthenorth » Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 pm

psk836 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm
As liberals predictably move the goalposts like they always do.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... f-vaccine/

“When asked if the return of large events are contingent on a vaccination, Wolf said Pennsylvanians need to be confident that the novel coronavirus is under control and treatable. He said he believes it will take a vaccine or “some assurance that they’re not going to get sick” to attend big events, go shopping, and return to school.“

Note there has NEVER been a vaccine developed for any Coronavirus.
Wow, no vaccine likely?

Somebody better tell tRump: he keeps insisting that such a vaccine is imminent.

“We’re looking to get it by the end of the year if we can,” the president said Friday

Earlier, he had claimed by late summer, in time for school.

He promises a lot, delivers nothing.
1 x
The White House is now enforcing strict Covid-19 protocol while encouraging Americans to be “warriors” and go out and die for the economy/Trump

User avatar
donttreadonme
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 16046
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:46 am

Re: “Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by donttreadonme » Thu May 21, 2020 8:36 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 pm
psk836 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm
As liberals predictably move the goalposts like they always do.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... f-vaccine/

“When asked if the return of large events are contingent on a vaccination, Wolf said Pennsylvanians need to be confident that the novel coronavirus is under control and treatable. He said he believes it will take a vaccine or “some assurance that they’re not going to get sick” to attend big events, go shopping, and return to school.“

Note there has NEVER been a vaccine developed for any Coronavirus.
Wow, no vaccine likely?

Somebody better tell tRump: he keeps insisting that such a vaccine is imminent.

“We’re looking to get it by the end of the year if we can,” the president said Friday

Earlier, he had claimed by late summer, in time for school.

He promises a lot, delivers nothing.
Wait just one xxxx minute.

What's this "Operation Warp Speed" thingy I've been hearing about for the last week all about??? :nesaitpas:
0 x
“We're going to go in and impeach the %$#@#$%$#@”

User avatar
thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator
Posts: 13827
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: “Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by thelionofthenorth » Thu May 21, 2020 8:46 pm

donttreadonme wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:36 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 pm
psk836 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm
As liberals predictably move the goalposts like they always do.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... f-vaccine/

“When asked if the return of large events are contingent on a vaccination, Wolf said Pennsylvanians need to be confident that the novel coronavirus is under control and treatable. He said he believes it will take a vaccine or “some assurance that they’re not going to get sick” to attend big events, go shopping, and return to school.“

Note there has NEVER been a vaccine developed for any Coronavirus.
Wow, no vaccine likely?

Somebody better tell tRump: he keeps insisting that such a vaccine is imminent.

“We’re looking to get it by the end of the year if we can,” the president said Friday

Earlier, he had claimed by late summer, in time for school.

He promises a lot, delivers nothing.
Wait just one xxxx minute.

What's this "Operation Warp Speed" thingy I've been hearing about for the last week all about??? :nesaitpas:
It’s just something tRump threw out on...impulse.
0 x
The White House is now enforcing strict Covid-19 protocol while encouraging Americans to be “warriors” and go out and die for the economy/Trump

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 24710
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: “Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by nolaxride » Thu May 21, 2020 8:59 pm

psk836 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm
As liberals predictably move the goalposts like they always do.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... f-vaccine/

“When asked if the return of large events are contingent on a vaccination, Wolf said Pennsylvanians need to be confident that the novel coronavirus is under control and treatable. He said he believes it will take a vaccine or “some assurance that they’re not going to get sick” to attend big events, go shopping, and return to school.“

Note there has NEVER been a vaccine developed for any Coronavirus.
Actually, there has been a vaccine developed for Covid-19. At least five, to be exact.

https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Tu ... dscape.pdf
0 x
-- Oderint dum metuant

User avatar
psk836
Get in my Belly!
Posts: 21161
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: “Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by psk836 » Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 pm

No doubt there are massive collaborative resources being thrown at Chinese Coronavirus so I would not say a vaccine is impossible. But this is an RNA virus and they constantly mutate. And that is why vaccines don’t typically happen. I know there are some promising developments but there are no guarantees. To date there have been exactly ZERO successful Coronavirus vaccines developed.
0 x

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 24710
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: “Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by nolaxride » Fri May 22, 2020 7:31 pm

psk836 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 10:21 pm
No doubt there are massive collaborative resources being thrown at Chinese Coronavirus so I would not say a vaccine is impossible. But this is an RNA virus and they constantly mutate. And that is why vaccines don’t typically happen. I know there are some promising developments but there are no guarantees. To date there have been exactly ZERO successful Coronavirus vaccines developed.
China just announced they have an effective vaccine. The paper is being peer-reviewed. Look for it in the Lancet next month. And we have five US companies in late clinical trials and one in Israel that is in human trials.
0 x
-- Oderint dum metuant

User avatar
stuporstitionist
Serene Highness
Posts: 8238
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:44 am
Location: Ct

Re: “Flatten the Curve” Becomes “Find a Cure”

Post by stuporstitionist » Fri May 22, 2020 7:49 pm

donttreadonme wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:36 pm
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 8:15 pm
psk836 wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 pm
As liberals predictably move the goalposts like they always do.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... f-vaccine/

“When asked if the return of large events are contingent on a vaccination, Wolf said Pennsylvanians need to be confident that the novel coronavirus is under control and treatable. He said he believes it will take a vaccine or “some assurance that they’re not going to get sick” to attend big events, go shopping, and return to school.“

Note there has NEVER been a vaccine developed for any Coronavirus.
Wow, no vaccine likely?

Somebody better tell tRump: he keeps insisting that such a vaccine is imminent.

“We’re looking to get it by the end of the year if we can,” the president said Friday

Earlier, he had claimed by late summer, in time for school.

He promises a lot, delivers nothing.
Wait just one xxxx minute.

What's this "Operation Warp Speed" thingy I've been hearing about for the last week all about??? :nesaitpas:
Theater.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

Post Reply