So what's this Klobutcher character about?

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
KC_
Caporegime

Re: So what's this Klobutcher character about?

Post by KC_ » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:15 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:46 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:36 pm
KC_ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:41 am
Evil wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:41 pm
KC_ wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:35 pm
Evil wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:24 pm
KC_ wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:23 pm
Evil wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:09 pm
Which ones are you saying are progressive?
Half the positions on that list are progressive.
the games continue. Okay, so not a progressive then.
Right I have to list all her progressive positions, but you don’t have to say why she isn’t progressive in your opinion.

Here are some .

Assault weapons ban and universal background checks

Free two years of college .

15 minimum wage

Ban capital punishment

Abolish mandatory minimum sentences

Broad paid family leave.

Eliminate electoral college

Citizenship for Dreamers

Campaign finance reform

Legalize marijuana

Slash defense spending.

Raise corporate tax

Increase capital gains tax
You said she has some progressive positions. I just asked which ones do you think are progressive. No reason to get all worked up over it. A few of those are progressive. She's clearly not a progressive.
Which of those positions are not progressive ? :nesaitpas:
I'm curious as to how you define progressive. A ban on assault weapons depends on how you define 'assault', and I don't see background checks qualifies as progressive. To a large extent, that's just enforcing current law.

Two years of free community college is hardly a novel idea. In fact, there are a number of states that already provide that benefit to their residents. Those states tend to be pretty red, Mississippi, Indiana, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri, Delaware, and Tennessee.

How is a $15 dollar minimum wage progressive?

How is a ban on capital punishment progressive? Same with minimum sentences.

Family leave is something Ivanka is championing. How is that progressive?

As I look through the list, the only idea that I see as progressive is eliminating the electoral college.
All those positions are progressive compared to our current laws . What issues do yo see as progressive?
I disagree. Family leave is proposed by Ivanka. Not very progressive there. Two years free community college is a reality in many red states. Nothing progressive there. The death penalty has been debated since this country was founded. Nothing progressive there. There's nothing progressive about enforcing our current laws on background checks for gun purchases. I'm also not seeing banning certain types of weapons as progressive. There are many conservatives supporting that idea, and many states who have already implemented laws like that. Note that fully automatic weapons are already banned, and there's nothing progressive about banning fully automatic weapons.
Fully auto weapons are not banned by the federal government, though some states do ban them. You need a class III license to own one. What do you think is progressive ? Amnesty,Universal healthcare and income , stuff like that ?
0 x
”I'd rather die standing than live on my knees.”

Stephane Charbonnier

Evil
Underboss

Post by Evil » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm

KC_ wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:48 pm
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:

Right I have to list all her progressive positions, but you don’t have to say why she isn’t progressive in your opinion.

Here are some .

15 minimum wage

Ban capital punishment

Broad paid family leave.

Citizenship for Dreamers

Campaign finance reform

Legalize marijuana

Slash defense spending.

Raise corporate tax

You said she has some progressive positions. I just asked which ones do you think are progressive. No reason to get all worked up over it. A few of those are progressive. She's clearly not a progressive.
I'm curious as to how you define progressive. A ban on assault weapons depends on how you define 'assault', and I don't see background checks qualifies as progressive. To a large extent, that's just enforcing current law.

Two years of free community college is hardly a novel idea. In fact, there are a number of states that already provide that benefit to their residents. Those states tend to be pretty red, Mississippi, Indiana, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Missouri, Delaware, and Tennessee.

As I look through the list, the only idea that I see as progressive is eliminating the electoral college.
All those positions are progressive compared to our current laws . What issues do yo see as progressive?
I disagree. Family leave is proposed by Ivanka. Not very progressive there. Two years free community college is a reality in many red states. Nothing progressive there. The death penalty has been debated since this country was founded. Nothing progressive there. There's nothing progressive about enforcing our current laws on background checks for gun purchases. I'm also not seeing banning certain types of weapons as progressive. There are many conservatives supporting that idea, and many states who have already implemented laws like that. Note that fully automatic weapons are already banned, and there's nothing progressive about banning fully automatic weapons.
Fully auto weapons are not banned by the federal government, though some states do ban them. You need a class III license to own one. What do you think is progressive ? Amnesty,Universal healthcare and income , stuff like that ?
The class III FFL is a license to sell them. The federal gov't tightly regulates fully automatic firearms and has banned them if they are newer than 1986. It's also very expensive to get the right to sell or own one effectively banning them.
0 x
"science should not stand in the way of' schools reopening in the fall" - White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany

KC_
Caporegime

Post by KC_ » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:50 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:

Here are some .

15 minimum wage

Ban capital punishment

Broad paid family leave.

Citizenship for Dreamers

Campaign finance reform

Legalize marijuana

Slash defense spending.

Raise corporate tax

The class III FFL is a license to sell them. The federal gov't tightly regulates fully automatic firearms and has banned them if they are newer than 1986. It's also very expensive to get the right to sell or own one effectively banning them.
So you can legally own one if you buy the weapon and pay the federal transfer tax. Yeah they are expensive now. They use to be reasonably affordable in the 80s.
0 x

Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm

KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:

Here are some .

15 minimum wage

Ban capital punishment

Broad paid family leave.

Citizenship for Dreamers

Campaign finance reform

Legalize marijuana

Slash defense spending.

Raise corporate tax

We can split hairs if you want. Fully automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 are always illegal, and you cannot own an automatic weapon in the states of CA, DE, DC, HI, IL, MA, MN, NJ, RI, WA, and WI.

Then you have to have a Type 1 Federal Firearms license, a Type SOT, and an ATF Form 4. And then there's the background check. And the in-person interview.

So, as form follows function, for the average citizen, fully automatic weapons are prohibited.
0 x
-- Oderint dum metuant

KC_
Caporegime

Post by KC_ » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:12 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:57 pm
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:

Here are some .

15 minimum wage

Ban capital punishment

Broad paid family leave.

Citizenship for Dreamers

Campaign finance reform

Legalize marijuana

Slash defense spending.

Raise corporate tax

We can split hairs if you want. Fully automatic weapons manufactured after 1986 are always illegal, and you cannot own an automatic weapon in the states of CA, DE, DC, HI, IL, MA, MN, NJ, RI, WA, and WI.

Then you have to have a Type 1 Federal Firearms license, a Type SOT, and an ATF Form 4. And then there's the background check. And the in-person interview.

So, as form follows function, for the average citizen, fully automatic weapons are prohibited.
The ATF's Nationally, according to the 2017 Commencement Report confirmed there were 630,019 machine guns registered nationwide. There are also 1,360,023 silencers and 2,709,704 destructive devices registered.

Destructive device generally is defined as (a) Any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas (1) bomb, (2) grenade, (3) rocket having a propellant charge of more than 4 ounces, (4) missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than one-quarter ounce, (5) mine, or (6) device similar to any of the devices described in the preceding paragraphs of this definition;
0 x

Stephane Charbonnier

barrysoetoro
Consigliere

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:20 pm

Evil wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:36 pm
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:
Evil wrote:
KC_ wrote:

Here are some .

15 minimum wage

Ban capital punishment

Broad paid family leave.

Citizenship for Dreamers

Campaign finance reform

Legalize marijuana

Slash defense spending.

Raise corporate tax

Sickening hearing a left-wing nut Job talk about firearms.

You shouldn't be allowed at near any of them.
0 x
Does asshole evil know what Joe Biden's plan is for reopening schools yet?

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm

Amazing how some people think the 2nd Amendment is only for a certain type of person.
0 x
-- Oderint dum metuant