What a suckup

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Chester Cheesewright
Nobility

What a suckup

Post by Chester Cheesewright » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:01 am

Jeff Sessions releases surreal campaign ad essentially begging Trump voters to like him even though Trump hates him
Image Published 2 mins ago on November 8, 2019 By Cody Fenwick, AlterNet- Commentary

I guarantee you’ve never seen a political ad like the video Jeff Sessions posted on Thursday as he launched his bid to reclaim his old Alabama seat in the U.S. Senate.

The announcement of his campaign had been expected after multiple reports found that he was looking to run despite consternation from his fellow Republicans. Sessions had been the senator from deep-red Alabama before he joined President Donald Trump’s Cabinet as attorney general. So in some ways, he’s a natural fit to take on Democratic Sen. Doug Jones, who won a fluke special election by running against the catastrophic candidate Roy Moore in 2017. Moore faced multiple allegations of sexual misconduct with young women and girls in that campaign.

But Sessions was unceremoniously ousted by Trump right after the 2018 midterm elections, and the president had long made his anger at Sessions widely known. He fumed at the attorney general for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, even though ethics rules obligated Sessions not to participate in a probe of the Trump campaign after serving as the president’s surrogate ahead of the election. Trump’s firing of Sessions — a clear attempt to wrest control over the investigation — has been an under-discussed instance of potential obstruction of justice or impeachable offense by the president.

All this baggage brings us to Sessions’ surreal campaign video. Knowing he is bound to face criticism from Trump, and knowing that he needs the support of Trump’s base to win 2020, Sessions’s ad pushes a bizarre argument that, despite the fact that the president clearly doesn’t like him, Republican voters should.

He sidestepped the fact that he was fired by Trump in humiliating fashion, saying: “When I left President Trump’s Cabinet, did I write a tell-all book? No. Did I go on CNN and attack the president? Nope! Have I said a cross word about our president? Not one time. And I’ll tell you why: First, that would be dishonorable. I was there to serve his agenda, not mine. Second, the president’s doing a great job for America and Alabama. And he has my strong support.”

The video cannot be fully explained in words, though, because Sessions’ facial expressions and tone add a ridiculous and absurdist element that defies description.

But beyond the aesthetics, the message is just a staggeringly blunt and humiliating one. Sessions knows Alabama voters will know who he is, and he knows they know Trump doesn’t like him. His pitch is: Vote for me anyway, because I won’t let the president’s ferocious personal contempt for me stand in the way of pledging my undying support for him.

Sessions will prostrate himself at the altar of Trump, no matter the cost to his dignity. It’s yet to be seen if that turns out to be a winning campaign message.

Watch the video below:

0 x
“Further speculation beyond the extensive & honest info I put out is wholly irresponsible & dangerous for the country"--Stephanie Grisham

Antisteroidforce
Imperial Majesty

Re: What a suckup

Post by Antisteroidforce » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:02 am

1) “A coup has started" and that "impeachment will follow ultimately."
Mark Zaid Whistleblower Attorney 2017

2) "I predict @CNN will play a key role in @realDonaldTrump not finishing out his full term as president."

3) "We will get rid of him, and this country is strong enough to survive even him and his supporters."

4) “As one falls, two more will take their place," apparently referring to Trump administration employees who defy the White House. Zaid promised that the "coup" would occur in "many steps."

5) The emails appear to contradict Yovanovitch's deposition on Capitol Hill last month, in which she told U.S. Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., about an email she received Aug. 14 from the staffer, Laura Carey -- but indicated under oath that she never responded to it.

6) “45 years from now we might be recalling stories regarding the impeachment of @realDonaldTrump. I'll be old, but will be worth the wait.”

7) "Johnson (1868), Nixon (1973), Clinton (1998) impeachment hearings. Next up @realDonaldTrump (2017).”

OH HOW I CANT WAIT FOR THE IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY.
0 x

brookboy123
Serene Highness

Post by brookboy123 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:29 am

Chester Cheesewright wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:01 am
Jeff Sessions releases surreal campaign ad essentially begging Trump voters to like him even though Trump hates him
Image Published 2 mins ago on November 8, 2019 By Cody Fenwick, AlterNet- Commentary

I guarantee you’ve never seen a political ad like the video Jeff Sessions posted on Thursday as he launched his bid to reclaim his old Alabama seat in the U.S. Senate.

The announcement of his campaign had been expected after multiple reports found that he was looking to run despite consternation from his fellow Republicans. Sessions had been the senator from deep-red Alabama before he joined President Donald Trump’s Cabinet as attorney general. So in some ways, he’s a natural fit to take on Democratic Sen. Doug Jones, who won a fluke special election by running against the catastrophic candidate Roy Moore in 2017. Moore faced multiple allegations of sexual misconduct with young women and girls in that campaign.

But Sessions was unceremoniously ousted by Trump right after the 2018 midterm elections, and the president had long made his anger at Sessions widely known. He fumed at the attorney general for recusing himself from the Russia investigation, even though ethics rules obligated Sessions not to participate in a probe of the Trump campaign after serving as the president’s surrogate ahead of the election. Trump’s firing of Sessions — a clear attempt to wrest control over the investigation — has been an under-discussed instance of potential obstruction of justice or impeachable offense by the president.

All this baggage brings us to Sessions’ surreal campaign video. Knowing he is bound to face criticism from Trump, and knowing that he needs the support of Trump’s base to win 2020, Sessions’s ad pushes a bizarre argument that, despite the fact that the president clearly doesn’t like him, Republican voters should.

He sidestepped the fact that he was fired by Trump in humiliating fashion, saying: “When I left President Trump’s Cabinet, did I write a tell-all book? No. Did I go on CNN and attack the president? Nope! Have I said a cross word about our president? Not one time. And I’ll tell you why: First, that would be dishonorable. I was there to serve his agenda, not mine. Second, the president’s doing a great job for America and Alabama. And he has my strong support.”

The video cannot be fully explained in words, though, because Sessions’ facial expressions and tone add a ridiculous and absurdist element that defies description.

But beyond the aesthetics, the message is just a staggeringly blunt and humiliating one. Sessions knows Alabama voters will know who he is, and he knows they know Trump doesn’t like him. His pitch is: Vote for me anyway, because I won’t let the president’s ferocious personal contempt for me stand in the way of pledging my undying support for him.

Sessions will prostrate himself at the altar of Trump, no matter the cost to his dignity. It’s yet to be seen if that turns out to be a winning campaign message.

Watch the video below:

Sessions is so slimy......and shameful.....he'll get off his knees in front of Bone Spurs and he'll win big in his state.

0 x

stuporstitionist
Imperial Majesty

Post by stuporstitionist » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 am

Jeff Sessions is banking on the GOP's unwillingness to take a Confederate monument down.

And I got some news for Anti - lawyers are allowed to have personal opinions.
0 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

Scooter
Serene Highness

Post by Scooter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 am

RawStory.... AlterNet... :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:

0 x
After all the lies and trumped-up charges... *STILL* your President.

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:22 am

Scooter wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:40 am

IT’S SESSIONS OWN CAMPAIGN AD, DOLT.
1 x
stultitia meretur, non misericordia

Scooter
Serene Highness

Post by Scooter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:25 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:22 am
Scooter wrote:

Shut your AIDS encrusted face loser.
0 x

donttreadonme
Rock Star

Post by donttreadonme » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:27 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Scooter wrote:
RawStory.... AlterNet...

Poor low IQ Tosh'it! :guffaw: :leghump:
0 x
“We're going to go in and impeach the %$#@#$%$#@”

Scooter
Serene Highness

Post by Scooter » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:24 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:27 am
thelionofthenorth wrote:
Scooter wrote:
RawStory.... AlterNet...

Poor no IQ TreadoPedo :guffaw: :leghump:

0 x