Tucker Carlson Calls ‘Annoying’ Ilhan Omar Proof Immigration Is ‘Dangerous’ To U.S.

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Tucker Carlson Calls ‘Annoying’ Ilhan Omar Proof Immigration Is ‘Dangerous’ To U.S.

Post by Evil » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:26 am

Twitter users have called the rant racist and too far even for Fox News.

By Jenna Amatulli

ox News host Tucker Carlson ended his show on Tuesday with an attack on Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.), claiming that she hates America and is “living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country.”

“Ilhan Omar has an awful lot to be grateful for, but she isn’t grateful, not at all. After everything America has done for Omar and for her family, she hates this country more than ever,” said Carlson, before launching into vicious rhetoric.

Omar moved to the United States when she was a child after living in a Kenyan refugee camp. She is one of three Muslim members of Congress.

Carlson, referencing a recent Washington Post piece on Omar, painted the Somali-American as “enraged” by America and full of “undisguised contempt for the United States and for its people.”

“Virtually every public statement she makes accuses Americans of bigotry and racism,” he said. “This is an immoral country, she says. She has undisguised contempt for the United States and for its people. That should worry you, and not just because Omar is now a sitting member of Congress.”

“Ilhan Omar is living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country. A system designed to strengthen America is instead undermining it. Some of the very people we try hardest to help have come to hate us passionately.”

Carlson continued his attack on Omar by saying that “no country can import large numbers of people who hate it and expect to survive” and that viewers should “be grateful” for the Minnesotan, before adding: “Annoying as she is.”

“She’s a living fire alarm, a warning to the rest of us that we better change our immigration system immediately, or else,” he ended.

--------------

She became a sitting member of Congress and he became a moronic talking head on his third network. Patriots recognize our flaws and work to fix them.
0 x
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."

stuporstitionist
Imperial Majesty

Re: Tucker Carlson Calls ‘Annoying’ Ilhan Omar Proof Immigration Is ‘Dangerous’ To U.S.

Post by stuporstitionist » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:35 am

Before Fox, you actually had to drive to a Klan rally.
1 x
Remember: the Russians believed that the best way to damage America was help elect Donald Trump.

Evil

Re: Tucker Carlson Calls ‘Annoying’ Ilhan Omar Proof Immigration Is ‘Dangerous’ To U.S.

Post by Evil » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:22 am

Ilhan Omar calls Tucker Carlson a ‘racist fool’ after he describes her as a threat to U.S.

By Alex Horton July 10 at 12:40 PM
On his Tuesday program, Fox News host Tucker Carlson praised an immigration system that produced refugee turned lawmaker Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) — then condemned her as “living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country.”

Carlson, whose 2018 comment that immigrants make the United States “dirtier” triggered an advertiser pullout, spoke at length about a history of welcoming immigrants that contrasted with his earlier commentary that suggests perhaps too many have been welcomed.

His comments were threaded with Omar’s story. She fled the Somali civil war into a Kenyan refugee camp and then arrived at age 12 in the United States, where she has said she found discrimination and racism incompatible with the expectations of American idealism.

Now she’s one of the youngest members of Congress, a frequent critic of President Trump and, as Carlson put it, “one of the most powerful women in America.”

Carlson used her success as evidence of a welcoming spirit for immigrants.

“Americans like to help. It makes us feel good,” Carlson said. “Some of our deepest satisfaction as a country comes from watching penniless immigrants arrive on our shores, buy into our values and thrive. We call it the American Dream.”

But then Carlson described Omar as not sufficiently thankful for her success in the country. “Omar has an awful lot to be grateful for,” he said. “But she isn’t grateful . . . she hates this country more than ever.”

Omar ripped Carlson on Twitter following the segment.

“Not gonna lie, it’s kind of fun watching a racist fool like this weeping about my presence in Congress,” she wrote, adding laughing emoji. “No lies will stamp out my love for this country or my resolve to make our union more perfect. They will just have to get used to calling me Congresswoman!”

----------------

“Americans like to help. It makes us feel good,” Carlson said. “Some of our deepest satisfaction as a country comes from watching penniless immigrants arrive on our shores, buy into our values and thrive. We call it the American Dream.”

There was a time when that was true. Now they want to make it a merit system for immigrating here.
0 x

psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by psk836 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:52 am

Carlson:

"Our country rescued Ilhan Omar from the single poorest place on Earth. We didn’t do it for the money, we did it because we are kind people. How did she respond to the remarkable gift we gave her? She scolded us, called us names, showered us with contempt.”"
1 x

illeatyourdates2

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 am

GREAT AMERICAN PATRIOT TUCKER CARLSON IS COMPLETELY RIGHT ABOUT that BROTHER marrying ANTI-AMERICA muslim xxxxx!!

:angel:
0 x

Tejanochimbo
Imperial Majesty

Post by Tejanochimbo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:15 am

illeatyourdates2 wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:05 am
GREAT AMERICAN PATRIOT TUCKER CARLSON IS COMPLETELY RIGHT ABOUT that BROTHER marrying ANTI-AMERICA muslim xxxxx!!

:angel:
► Your whole working career has been a gov't job, with gov't benefits up the ass, that you love to brag about, and you hype the private sector like it was gold

You're just strange, man, do you know that?
1 x
                               NRA + GOP = more mass killings

psk836

Post by psk836 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:36 pm

https://thefederalist.com/2019/07/11/tu ... lhan-omar/

"Americans are constantly being lectured—correctly, I believe—that good citizenship isn’t contingent on skin color, faith, or ethnicity, but a set of beliefs. Yet whenever anyone is critical of the ugly things someone like Ilhan Omar says, they are immediately battered for being xenophobes and racists. You can’t have it both ways."

"As philosophical matter, though, Omar isn’t the kind of immigrant we should want. That’s not because she is Muslim or black, but because she doesn’t believe in the traditional ideas that define American life. And she shouldn’t be immune from criticism merely because of her background."

"This is one reason we still give newcomers citizenship tests. We want them not only to comprehend our foundational ideas, but to adopt them. Whether or not this nation consistently lives up to those values (far from it) is irrelevant. There’s no country in human history born without sin. Yet only Americans are asked to engage in daily acts of contrition for their past."

"The concepts that allowed all of that to happen were codified by the American Founders, not by the 1900s progressives or the Obama administration or Megan Rapinoe. Diversity is nice, but it’s not our “strength.” Activism itself is no act of patriotism. Being an immigrant or gay isn’t a manifestation of American idealism. Prospering under a system that values the individual liberty of all citizens is."

"When Carlson argues that the very fact Omar — a refugee from one of the most violent places on Earth, Somalia — can rise to become, at only 36, one of the most famous members of Congress is the best argument against her critique of America, he has good point. Omar has more influence than 99 percent of her co-citizens. She is a testament to an open and free society. Her words are not.

Believing that the United States is defined by racism and economic injustice doesn’t make Omar a bad immigrant, only a silly human being. Importing anti-Semitic beliefs from the broader Islamic world, on the other hand, makes her an unassimilated American.

Being critical of foreign intervention doesn’t make Omar un-American, but talking about servicemen who sacrificed their lives fighting Somalian warlords at Battle of Mogadishu as if they were terrorists does. In the same way, dismissing the Islamic extremists who murdered 3,000 Americans on 9/11 as “some people who did something”—because it’s “Islamophobic” to point out facts—makes her ungrateful."
1 x

Evil

Post by Evil » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:44 pm

I'm sure glad we live in a post-racial world lead by Tucker.
0 x

Evil

Post by Evil » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:48 pm

Tucker Carlson Has Failed to Assimilate
The Fox News host betrayed core American values in his attack on Representative Ilhan Omar.

JUL 10, 2019

Conor Friedersdorf

While I favor granting citizenship automatically to children born in the United States, I was reminded of birthright citizenship’s biggest downside Tuesday while listening to Tucker Carlson on his Fox News show.

Unlike immigrants, natural-born citizens such as Carlson are neither screened nor forced to pass a citizenship test nor made to swear an oath. And when they stray from the American way, no one thinks to tell them that they’re failing to assimilate.

But isn’t “failure to assimilate” an accurate way to characterize Carlson’s angry identitarianism? Carlson, who broadcasts to millions of viewers on national television, keeps fueling xenophobia and needless social strife by singling out people who weren’t born in America for special ire, then attributing negative qualities to whole groups. He just can’t get with the program of the American experiment.

A case in point was his monologue last night about Ilhan Omar, a Somali-born woman who came to the U.S. as a 12-year-old refugee and is now, at 36, a member of Congress. *

Carlson purported to characterize her views. “Omar isn’t disappointed in America,” he said. “She’s enraged by it. Virtually every public statement she makes accuses Americans of bigotry and racism. This is an immoral country, she says. She has undisguised contempt for the United States and for its people.”

A review of Omar’s public statements shows that isn’t true. Although Omar is frequently critical of the United States, she tends to attack what she regards as the country’s failure to live up to its lofty values. “She was almost like a cliché of a civic-minded new American,” one of her college professors told The New York Times. “She would quote the Declaration of Independence asking, ‘Why have we come up short?’”

The same article quotes Ilhan saying: “I think back to the orientations I went through a little over 20 years ago in the process of coming to this country, and in those orientations they did not have people who were homeless. There was an America that extended liberty and justice to everyone. There was an America where prosperity was guaranteed regardless of where you were born and what you looked like and who you prayed to. I wasn’t comfortable with that hypocrisy.”

I don’t always agree with Omar. And I don’t expect Carlson to, either. If Carlson had simply quoted Omar’s views and dissented on the merits, even harshly, I would not be writing on the subject.

But Carlson suggested that because Omar came here as a child, she doesn’t have the right to voice critical opinions about America—that her gratitude for citizenship should result in silence. And then he cited her views as if they bear on the attitudes of immigrants generally, before engaging in sweeping, negative generalizations about them.

“Ilhan Omar is living proof that the way we practice immigration has become dangerous to this country,” he said. “A system designed to strengthen America is instead undermining it … She’s a living fire alarm, a warning to the rest of us that we ought to change our immigration system immediately, or else.”

What an odd conclusion to draw from Omar’s example. Isn’t getting elected to Congress a great achievement, and proof of assimilation? There is no more establishment, Founding Father–approved way of seeking change than winning elected office and proposing new laws. Whether or not Omar overestimates the relative degree of injustice in America, seeking to remedy its ills through official channels is the opposite of dangerous.

The notion that Omar alone proves anything about America’s immigration system, for better or worse, is absurd. If Carlson wants to make the case that the immigration system is broken, he should find evidence, not an avatar to rile up his audience. What’s a term to describe someone who insists that whole groups of people are bad in the same way, and ceases to treat members of that group as individuals?

Tucker Carlson is that term.

“Maybe we’re importing people from places whose values are simply antithetical to ours,” Carlson continued. But isn’t it Carlson who holds views antithetical to American harmony? Perhaps Carlson provides “living proof” that it is dangerous to grant citizenship to San Francisco–born, La Jolla–raised white men.
0 x

psk836

Post by psk836 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:55 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:44 pm
I'm sure glad we live in a post-racial world lead by Tucker.
"Americans are constantly being lectured—correctly, I believe—that good citizenship isn’t contingent on skin color, faith, or ethnicity, but a set of beliefs. Yet whenever anyone is critical of the ugly things someone like Ilhan Omar says, they are immediately battered for being xenophobes and racists. You can’t have it both ways."

Unless you're evil.
0 x