Steve Yzerman To Be Named General Manager Of Red Wings

Ice Hockey
Post Reply
User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 16209
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Steve Yzerman To Be Named General Manager Of Red Wings

Post by psk836 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:51 pm

As you were.

1 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 43560
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Steve Yzerman To Be Named General Manager Of Red Wings

Post by Evil » Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:53 pm

Nice to have the Captain home again. Can't wait for the presser at 3. I do feel bad for Holland though. He's done a good job for a long time and it looks like has this team on the way back. It's a great day in the D.
1 x
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."

User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 16209
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Steve Yzerman To Be Named General Manager Of Red Wings

Post by psk836 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm

Holland is a lifer and will stay with the Wings as a senior veep. I think his weakness is his loyalty to his players. We have quite a few overpaid players on long term deals that will make it a little more difficult for Yzerman to maneuver. I do not think Yzerman falls in love with players the way Holland did.
1 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 43560
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Steve Yzerman To Be Named General Manager Of Red Wings

Post by Evil » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:15 pm

psk836 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Holland is a lifer and will stay with the Wings as a senior veep. I think his weakness is his loyalty to his players. We have quite a few overpaid players on long term deals that will make it a little more difficult for Yzerman to maneuver. I do not think Yzerman falls in love with players the way Holland did.
I thought those were set to expire soon. Holland struggled as soon as the salary cap era started. Yzerman has a solid young core to work with. Hopefully he locks up Larkin on a long-term deal.
0 x
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."

User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 16209
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: Steve Yzerman To Be Named General Manager Of Red Wings

Post by psk836 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:28 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:15 pm
psk836 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Holland is a lifer and will stay with the Wings as a senior veep. I think his weakness is his loyalty to his players. We have quite a few overpaid players on long term deals that will make it a little more difficult for Yzerman to maneuver. I do not think Yzerman falls in love with players the way Holland did.
I thought those were set to expire soon. Holland struggled as soon as the salary cap era started. Yzerman has a solid young core to work with. Hopefully he locks up Larkin on a long-term deal.
Larkin signed for five years at about $6 million (a bargain) last summer. A few other guys have turned it on too, like Bertuzzi and AA. Mantha and Hronek are showing potential. But Daley, Ericsson, Abdelkader and Helm are taking up alot of bench space. Daley and Ericsson have a year left, Abdelkader has four more years....
1 x

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 43560
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Steve Yzerman To Be Named General Manager Of Red Wings

Post by Evil » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:35 pm

psk836 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:28 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:15 pm
psk836 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:05 pm
Holland is a lifer and will stay with the Wings as a senior veep. I think his weakness is his loyalty to his players. We have quite a few overpaid players on long term deals that will make it a little more difficult for Yzerman to maneuver. I do not think Yzerman falls in love with players the way Holland did.
I thought those were set to expire soon. Holland struggled as soon as the salary cap era started. Yzerman has a solid young core to work with. Hopefully he locks up Larkin on a long-term deal.
Larkin signed for five years at about $6 million (a bargain) last summer. A few other guys have turned it on too, like Bertuzzi and AA. Mantha and Hronek are showing potential. But Daley, Ericsson, Abdelkader and Helm are taking up alot of bench space. Daley and Ericsson have a year left, Abdelkader has four more years....
That's right. I forgot about him getting that big boy's deal last summer. They should have sent Ericsson packing long ago. I have to admit I haven't watched much this year. Are Abdelkader and Helm not performing?
0 x
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."

Post Reply