"Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Welcome all former Yahoo Message Boards members and everybody else! We're glad you are here!
thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by thelionofthenorth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Just for the record, mods can and do report infractions.

Most reports, in fact, come from mods.
2 x
stultitia non pertinet misericordiae

psk836
Underboss

Post by psk836 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:57 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 am
psk836 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:05 am
Maybe, just for once, listen to your peers.
LOL Maybe just for once take your own advice.
I said you should. I didn't say you were capable.
1 x

chucky
Caporegime

Post by chucky » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:10 pm
chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:54 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:28 am
chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:27 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:11 am
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm

What rule has not been enforced?
Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Maybe some think justvefiting our violations in punishment lol
Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
I believe it. You have told me numerous times, as well as other posters here, that the violation has to be reported. I never understood why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. You mistake an honest and accurate description of the process here as complaining.
So did something happen yesterday that was different than any other day ?
Not that I know of
So you were just shaking things up .
It's not my thread and it's not about me.
Ofcourse it is your thread . You are the one who started it. You are the one calling out the board owner and moderators. What other reason would you do that other than an effort to shake things up and initiate change ?
It’s a response to the crawl at the top of the page. It doesn’t call out anyone. Are you somehow against enforcing the rules?
Did I say I was ? It is what it is. We already went over this several times. I think you just needed to vent.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:20 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:22 am
evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
What rule has not been enforced?
Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
I believe it. You have told me numerous times, as well as other posters here, that the violation has to be reported. I never understood why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. You mistake an honest and accurate description of the process here as complaining.
Did you not understand the part about not reading every post? If you feel something violates the rules report it. We don't read everything and if you feel it needs to be dealt with report it.
I just told you that I believe it that you mods don't read every post. Do you not understand that you have been part of conversations that have had clear violations in them and when it's mentioned that something broke the rules your response was "report it"? I'm just questioning why a mod can't identify a violation on their own.
And you know it wasn't reported how? And you know nothing was done how?
Because you told me to report it. Because the violation remained as well as the person. However, neither of those is the point. I'm asking very clearly why a mod can't identify a violation on their own. Why does it have to be reported by someone else? Or maybe I was misinformed by you.
0 x
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:16 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:26 pm
Just for the record, mods can and do report infractions.

Most reports, in fact, come from mods.
thanks for informing of that. Someone else has been telling me something quite different.
0 x
- Mark Twain

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:16 pm

psk836 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:57 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:07 am
psk836 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:05 am
Maybe, just for once, listen to your peers.
LOL Maybe just for once take your own advice.
I said you should. I didn't say you were capable.
As capable as you are of taking your own advice.
0 x
- Mark Twain

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:19 pm

chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Not that I know of
Ofcourse it is your thread . You are the one who started it. You are the one calling out the board owner and moderators. What other reason would you do that other than an effort to shake things up and initiate change ?
It’s a response to the crawl at the top of the page. It doesn’t call out anyone. Are you somehow against enforcing the rules?
Did I say I was ? It is what it is. We already went over this several times. I think you just needed to vent.
If you did then I wouldn't be asking. You didn't answer the question though. I'm not venting, complaining, whining, etc. I'm just replying to the crawl about us knowing the rules with a quite reasonable request that they be enforced also. I had no idea it would turn into such an entertaining spin on that.
0 x
- Mark Twain

chucky
Caporegime

Post by chucky » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:46 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:19 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:

Not that I know of
If you did then I wouldn't be asking. You didn't answer the question though. I'm not venting, complaining, whining, etc. I'm just replying to the crawl about us knowing the rules with a quite reasonable request that they be enforced also. I had no idea it would turn into such an entertaining spin on that.
The response was predictable. I mean I asked posters to stop calling each other “ traitors “ and I got 22 pages of interesting replies.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:20 pm

chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:46 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Not that I know of
The response was predictable. I mean I asked posters to stop calling each other “ traitors “ and I got 22 pages of interesting replies.
Do you think this one will get to 22 pages? You still haven't answered the question.
0 x
- Mark Twain

chucky
Caporegime

Post by chucky » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:00 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:20 pm
chucky wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:46 pm
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
chucky wrote:

Not that I know of
Do you think this one will get to 22 pages? You still haven't answered the question.
No. No.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier