Shania Twain Breaks the Internet, Says this about Donald Trump!

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:47 am

8 hours ago
Written by Onan Coca

Country music legend Shania Twain can’t vote in our elections because she’s not actually an American citizen. Twain is Canadian, but she loves the U.S. of A. She’s made most of her massive fortune in our country, and she’s met thousands upon thousands of good American folk.

She proved her mettle in a recent interview that she gave to the UK’s the Guardian newspaper when she told the world about how she would have voted in the 2016 election, if she’d had the chance.

Twain sat down with the Guardian to talk about her recent comeback to the music industry after a long, and rocky, hiatus.

Twain decided to take a break after having a child in 2002, but then an accident where she was bitten by a tick and contracted lyme disease which led to her losing her singing voice, for years. Then in 2008 she had a high profile split from her husband, that made even the most practiced tabloid readers blush.

It was a difficult decade for Twain, but things are turning around now.

In 2016, she released her first album since 2001, and now she’s preparing to go on her first tour since 2002. She’s remarried, enjoying family life and apparently commenting on American politics.

After a long and serious discussion about her personal life, the interviewer veered into the American political sphere and wondered what Shania Twain thought about the 2016 American presidential election. That’s when Twain went viral, shocked the world, and told the truth… she’ll take a straight shooter over a politician, every day of the week.

Here’s what she said about how she would have voted:

It is not the only way in which she expresses her conservatism. If she had been able to vote in the US election, she would have plumped for Donald Trump, she says. “I would have voted for him because, even though he was offensive, he seemed honest. Do you want straight or polite? Not that you shouldn’t be able to have both. If I were voting, I just don’t want xxxx. I would have voted for a feeling that it was transparent. And politics has a reputation of not being that, right?”

Shania might get some negative press from this comment in the coastal cities, but in the heart of the American countryside she probably just assured herself a bunch of sold out concerts.

Sadly, as soon as her words were published, Twain was forced to walk them back because of the backlash from the left-leaning world.

The star took to Twitter to “apologize” for having offended people. Seriously.

I would like to apologise to anybody I have offended in a recent interview with the Guardian relating to the American President. The question caught me off guard. As a Canadian, I regret answering this unexpected question without giving my response more context

I am passionately against discrimination of any kind and hope it’s clear from the choices I have made, and the people I stand with, that I do not hold any common moral beliefs with the current President

I was trying to explain, in response to a question about the election, that my limited understanding was that the President talked to a portion of America like an accessible person they could relate to, as he was NOT a politician

My answer was awkward, but certainly should not be taken as representative of my values nor does it mean I endorse him. I make music to bring people together. My path will always be one of inclusivity, as my history shows.

You can see the original tweets below:

So sad that even stating which candidate you might support in an election, can now offend people.

READ TWEETS:

https://eaglerising.com/57531/shania-tw ... ald-trump/

:angel:
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Shania Twain Breaks the Internet, Says this about Donald Trump!

Post by Pete » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:58 am

Ill have to find her latest album and snap up a copy
:music:
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

illeatyourdates2
Get in my Belly!

Re: Shania Twain Breaks the Internet, Says this about Donald Trump!

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:12 am

Pete wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:58 am
Ill have to find her latest album and snap up a copy
:music:
I have always liked her, now I like her even more!!

:angel:
0 x