teachers vote for (red)statewide walkout

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
Tejanochimbo
Heir Apparent

Re: teachers vote for (red)statewide walkout

Post by Tejanochimbo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:32 pm
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:14 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm
brookboy123 wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:07 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:38 pm
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
APR 20, 2018 | 9:40 AM
| PHOENIX, ARIZ.

Arizona teachers have voted to walk off the job to demand increased school funding, marking a key step toward a first-ever statewide strike that builds on a movement for higher pay in other Republican-dominant states.

A grassroots group and the state's largest teacher membership group said Thursday that teachers will walk out April 26.

Arizona jumped into a movement for higher teacher pay that started in West Virginia, where a strike garnered a raise, and spread to Oklahoma, Kentucky and most recently Colorado.

Thursday's vote followed weeks of protests in Arizona and an offer from Republican Gov. Doug Ducey to give teachers a 20% raise by 2020. Many teachers kept up the pressure at schools and on social media, saying the plan failed to address much-needed funding for classrooms and support staff.
Sadly, teachers across the country are grossly underpaid and have been attacked by the filthy pols who bash them to the delight their "base"....especially by right-wing pols.

I am so glad that the teachers are waking up.

btw, NY pols know better than to bash teachers.......even the highly taxed parents will stand behind the educational community......and I don'tbelieve there has been a teacher's strike in NYS for decades.......it's against the law in NYS for public employees to strike.
Why did they choose to be teachers when they KNEW what their pay would be? Another stunt from the leftists like you. Shut your damn mouth, idiot.
► Over time they lose pay to inflation

Notice they’re also asking for classroom funding

Do you think they should be asking for money for millionaires instead?
I never met a public sector worker that was under paid. Sure, they ALWAYS bungle their funds. But YOU want them to take it out on us. Then they bungle it again and ask for more.

No, they should not be asking money for those making over $249,999.99 a year because they employ people with their own money. Didn't we go over this yesterday, Mike? Did you forget again?

► You never met a public sector worker that was under paid.

How about FDA pharmacologist Frances Oldham Kelsey?

1962: FDA pharmacologist Frances Oldham Kelsey receives the President's Award for Distinguished Federal Civilian Service from President John F. Kennedy for blocking sale of thalidomide in the United States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalido ... ted_States
0 x
Mine owners did not find the gold, did not mine the gold, did not mill the gold, but by some weird alchemy all the gold belonged to them -Big Bill Haywood

Scooter
Heir Presumptive

Post by Scooter » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Liberals walking out on their kids. Typical asshole Libs.
0 x
"When we correct this mistake you forced on us, we need to take away your right to vote" - EConTheNaziPigMoron

Tejanochimbo
Heir Apparent

Post by Tejanochimbo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:26 pm

Scooter wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:20 pm
► They said the offer of 20% wage hike was not enough

They want more funds for classrooms

This is the sort of issue Repubkicans left unaddressed while they were clamoring for fat cat tax cuts

It’s a good example of GOP priorities
0 x
Mine owners did not find the gold, did not mine the gold, did not mill the gold, but by some weird alchemy all the gold belonged to them -Big Bill Haywood

JDDJR
Nobility

Post by JDDJR » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 pm

Hell let'em walk, let'em finish the school year sitting on that a$$ at home, give all the students an Incomplete for the year and start over next year....
0 x

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 pm

Tejanochimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:26 pm
Scooter wrote:

This is the sort of issue Repubkicans left unaddressed while they were clamoring for fat cat tax cuts

Then you'll put people out of work with fat cat tax hikes, Mike. Less tax payers, more unemployment. Sound good, Mike?
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

barrysoetoro
Get in my Belly!

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:53 pm

Tejanochimbo wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:07 pm
barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
| PHOENIX, ARIZ.

Arizona teachers have voted to walk off the job to demand increased school funding, marking a key step toward a first-ever statewide strike that builds on a movement for higher pay in other Republican-dominant states.

A grassroots group and the state's largest teacher membership group said Thursday that teachers will walk out April 26.

Arizona jumped into a movement for higher teacher pay that started in West Virginia, where a strike garnered a raise, and spread to Oklahoma, Kentucky and most recently Colorado.

Thursday's vote followed weeks of protests in Arizona and an offer from Republican Gov. Doug Ducey to give teachers a 20% raise by 2020. Many teachers kept up the pressure at schools and on social media, saying the plan failed to address much-needed funding for classrooms and support staff.
Sadly, teachers across the country are grossly underpaid and have been attacked by the filthy pols who bash them to the delight their "base"....especially by right-wing pols.

btw, NY pols know better than to bash teachers.......even the highly taxed parents will stand behind the educational community......and I don'tbelieve there has been a teacher's strike in NYS for decades.......it's against the law in NYS for public employees to strike.
Why did they choose to be teachers when they KNEW what their pay would be? Another stunt from the leftists like you. Shut your damn mouth, idiot.

I never met a public sector worker that was under paid. Sure, they ALWAYS bungle their funds. But YOU want them to take it out on us. Then they bungle it again and ask for more.

No, they should not be asking money for those making over $249,999.99 a year because they employ people with their own money. Didn't we go over this yesterday, Mike? Did you forget again?

► You never met a public sector worker that was under paid.

How about FDA pharmacologist Frances Oldham Kelsey?

1962: FDA pharmacologist Frances Oldham Kelsey receives the President's Award for Distinguished Federal Civilian Service from President John F. Kennedy for blocking sale of thalidomide in the United States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thalido ... ted_States
Am I for the FDA, EPA and all that crap?
0 x
☪ Because I respected him [McCain '08] and felt he was better qualified for the job [than my hero 0bama], evilcommie

Tejanochimbo
Heir Apparent

Post by Tejanochimbo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:17 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:52 pm
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Then you'll put people out of work with fat cat tax hikes, Mike. Less tax payers, more unemployment. Sound good, Mike?
► No, hiring Americans isn’t the only way for fat cats to make money. They’re putting their money in too many other places, mainly into stock buybacks

I want the public sector paid up and public services renewed and expanded. That will provide more jobs and better paychecks for people who take their money to the store. That’s what creates jobs
0 x

Tejanochimbo
Heir Apparent

Post by Tejanochimbo » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:27 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Tejanochimbo wrote:
barrysoetoro wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
By ASSOCIATED PRESS
| PHOENIX, ARIZ.

► No, of course I haven’t forgotten

We just disagree
0 x

Scooter
Heir Presumptive

Post by Scooter » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:59 am

Tejanochimbo wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Let's see.... 20% MORE.... or NOTHING.

Man you Liberal shaved apes are a cancer on America. :finger: :finger: :finger:
0 x
"When we correct this mistake you forced on us, we need to take away your right to vote" - EConTheNaziPigMoron

Tejanochimbo
Heir Apparent

Post by Tejanochimbo » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:34 am

Scooter wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:59 am
Tejanochimbo wrote:
Scooter wrote:

Let's see.... 20% MORE.... or NOTHING.

Man you Liberal shaved apes are a cancer on America. :finger: :finger: :finger:
► Uh, no

I don’t believe you’re paying attention

And do you you know how much 20% is? I bet you don’t.

You know how to say L-I-B-E-R-A-L, so you think you’re a big deal
0 x