FLORIDA SHOOTING SURVIVOR: NETWORKS DON'T WANT US TO GIVE OUR REAL OPINIONS

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
antilib
Global Moderator

FLORIDA SHOOTING SURVIVOR: NETWORKS DON'T WANT US TO GIVE OUR REAL OPINIONS

Post by antilib » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:23 pm

"Want Us To Further Their Agendas"
By Ian Schwartz
February 22, 2018

Ariana Klein, a junior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, said it was "inexcusable" that CNN would attempt to get fellow survivor of the school shooting Colton Haab to deliver a "scripted question" at a Wednesday town hall event conducted by the network on the massacre. Klein attended the listening session hosted by President Trump at the White House on Wednesday.

Haab appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight Thursday and said that not only was he given a scripted question but he believed the whole event was scripted.

"Our voices need to be heard and he should have been able to ask any question he had to ask but instead we have these networks that don't want us to give our real opinions and they want us to further their own agendas," Klein said in an appearance on Laura Ingraham's FOX News show Thursday night with her father.

"The whole point of the town hall meeting was to hear the kids and hear what we had to say," she said.

Her father, prefacing that he is a Republican and a gun owner, said he was approached by a CNN producer on Thursday, the day after the school shooting, and felt they "were looking for people who were willing to espouse a certain narrative."

"The producer insinuated to me they were looking for people who were willing to espouse a certain narrative which was taking a tragedy and turning it into a policy debate and I read that as being a gun control debate," Klein said.

"Unfortunately, I think a lot of the people talking about gun control don't understand what they're talking about," he added.

"I'm a Republican. I'm a gun owner. I'm a responsible gun owner," Klein said. "And we talk about gun control. It's not about taking away guns from people like me but keeping them out of the hands of people who should not have them or are irresponsible, or a threat to society. And last night when Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) kept repeating his mantra that he wanted to eliminate any gun that can fire 150 rounds in 6 minutes. That's almost every gun that's out there. So this supposed assault weapons ban and these other items they talk about aren't going to accomplish anything along those lines. So I agree we need to make some headway. We need to raise the age to buy a rifle, I agree with the president on that, but beyond that, a lot of these folks are yelling 'gun control, gun control' really don't have a great grasp on what they're talking about."

LAURA INGRAHAM: Last night at the big CNN town hall event there was a lot of raw emotion. One of the students who wanted to attend but didn't attend because he was upset that -- to him it seemed like his question was being scripted for him. He spoke out tonight on Tucker's show...

COLTON HAAB: They had taken what I had wrote and what I had briefed on and talked about and they actually wrote the question for me

TUCKER CARLSON: But not with your -- they put their own words into their question, even after they asked to you send in questions.

COLTON HAAB: Absolutely.

TUCKER CARLSON: But that seems dishonest.

COLTON HAAB: It definitely did. That's kind of why I didn't go last night. Originally I had thought that it was going to be more of my own question and my own say and then it turned out to be more of just a script. And [CNN producer Carrie Stevenson] had actually said that over the phone that I needed to stick to the script.

LAURA INGRAHAM: Ariana, what's your reaction to that? CNN denies this, by the way, but they have a history of planting questions that Michelle Malkin and others have written about before, in other events. But Colton Haab who gave that interview he was emphatic about his point.

ARIANA KLEIN, MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HS JUNIOR: Yes. Well, I think the whole point of the town hall meeting was to hear the kids and hear what we had to say. And for that to happen is inexcusable.

Our voices need to be heard and he should have been able to ask any question he had to ask but instead we have these networks that don't want us to give our real opinions and they want us to further their own agendas.

LAURA INGRAHAM: Most of the students, Andrew [Klein], have the same opinion on what to do, namely to ban certain weapons, to trash the NRA, to be really disrespectful to Marco Rubio and nasty things being said to [NRA spokesperson] Dana Loesch. But they all seem to be pretty much in agreement as far as I could tell. There was no diversity of opinion among either the students or anyone else that I saw in the audience.

ANDREW KLEIN, ARIANA KLEIN'S FATHER: And Laura that's not surprising at all. I actually spoke to a CNN producer on Thursday, the day after the shooting. And the producer insinuated to me they were looking for people who were willing to espouse a certain narrative which was taking a tragedy and turning it into a policy debate and I read that as being a gun control debate. And unfortunately, I think a lot of the people talking about gun control don't understand what they're talking about because -- I'm a Republican. I'm a gun owner. I'm a responsible gun owner.

And we talk about gun control. It's not about taking away guns from people like me but keeping them out of the hands of people who should not have them or are irresponsible, or a threat to society. And last night when Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) kept repeating his mantra that he wanted to eliminate any gun that can fire 150 rounds in 6 minutes. That's almost every gun that's out there. So this supposed assault weapons ban and these other items they talk about aren't going to accomplish anything along those lines.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... endas.html
0 x

donttreadonme
Serene Highness

Re: FLORIDA SHOOTING SURVIVOR: NETWORKS DON'T WANT US TO GIVE OUR REAL OPINIONS

Post by donttreadonme » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:22 pm

antilib wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:23 pm
"Want Us To Further Their Agendas"
By Ian Schwartz
February 22, 2018

Ariana Klein, a junior at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, said it was "inexcusable" that CNN would attempt to get fellow survivor of the school shooting Colton Haab to deliver a "scripted question" at a Wednesday town hall event conducted by the network on the massacre. Klein attended the listening session hosted by President Trump at the White House on Wednesday.

Haab appeared on Tucker Carlson Tonight Thursday and said that not only was he given a scripted question but he believed the whole event was scripted.

"Our voices need to be heard and he should have been able to ask any question he had to ask but instead we have these networks that don't want us to give our real opinions and they want us to further their own agendas," Klein said in an appearance on Laura Ingraham's FOX News show Thursday night with her father.

"The whole point of the town hall meeting was to hear the kids and hear what we had to say," she said.

Her father, prefacing that he is a Republican and a gun owner, said he was approached by a CNN producer on Thursday, the day after the school shooting, and felt they "were looking for people who were willing to espouse a certain narrative."

"The producer insinuated to me they were looking for people who were willing to espouse a certain narrative which was taking a tragedy and turning it into a policy debate and I read that as being a gun control debate," Klein said.

"Unfortunately, I think a lot of the people talking about gun control don't understand what they're talking about," he added.

"I'm a Republican. I'm a gun owner. I'm a responsible gun owner," Klein said. "And we talk about gun control. It's not about taking away guns from people like me but keeping them out of the hands of people who should not have them or are irresponsible, or a threat to society. And last night when Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) kept repeating his mantra that he wanted to eliminate any gun that can fire 150 rounds in 6 minutes. That's almost every gun that's out there. So this supposed assault weapons ban and these other items they talk about aren't going to accomplish anything along those lines. So I agree we need to make some headway. We need to raise the age to buy a rifle, I agree with the president on that, but beyond that, a lot of these folks are yelling 'gun control, gun control' really don't have a great grasp on what they're talking about."

LAURA INGRAHAM: Last night at the big CNN town hall event there was a lot of raw emotion. One of the students who wanted to attend but didn't attend because he was upset that -- to him it seemed like his question was being scripted for him. He spoke out tonight on Tucker's show...

COLTON HAAB: They had taken what I had wrote and what I had briefed on and talked about and they actually wrote the question for me

TUCKER CARLSON: But not with your -- they put their own words into their question, even after they asked to you send in questions.

COLTON HAAB: Absolutely.

TUCKER CARLSON: But that seems dishonest.

COLTON HAAB: It definitely did. That's kind of why I didn't go last night. Originally I had thought that it was going to be more of my own question and my own say and then it turned out to be more of just a script. And [CNN producer Carrie Stevenson] had actually said that over the phone that I needed to stick to the script.

LAURA INGRAHAM: Ariana, what's your reaction to that? CNN denies this, by the way, but they have a history of planting questions that Michelle Malkin and others have written about before, in other events. But Colton Haab who gave that interview he was emphatic about his point.

ARIANA KLEIN, MARJORY STONEMAN DOUGLAS HS JUNIOR: Yes. Well, I think the whole point of the town hall meeting was to hear the kids and hear what we had to say. And for that to happen is inexcusable.

Our voices need to be heard and he should have been able to ask any question he had to ask but instead we have these networks that don't want us to give our real opinions and they want us to further their own agendas.

ANDREW KLEIN, ARIANA KLEIN'S FATHER: And Laura that's not surprising at all. I actually spoke to a CNN producer on Thursday, the day after the shooting. And the producer insinuated to me they were looking for people who were willing to espouse a certain narrative which was taking a tragedy and turning it into a policy debate and I read that as being a gun control debate. And unfortunately, I think a lot of the people talking about gun control don't understand what they're talking about because -- I'm a Republican. I'm a gun owner. I'm a responsible gun owner.

And we talk about gun control. It's not about taking away guns from people like me but keeping them out of the hands of people who should not have them or are irresponsible, or a threat to society. And last night when Rep. Ted Deutch (D-FL) kept repeating his mantra that he wanted to eliminate any gun that can fire 150 rounds in 6 minutes. That's almost every gun that's out there. So this supposed assault weapons ban and these other items they talk about aren't going to accomplish anything along those lines.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... endas.html
I'm shocked that there is no Fox News coverage of these "students" giving their opinions that you can post yet? :singe2:
0 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:32 pm

CNN asked him on their news shows.

What do you want, stone tablets?
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:23 pm

“There’s so much I still hear, I still see,” the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School junior told Fox News. “Four people in my class were shot. I couldn’t imagine going back into the building.”

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/22/fl ... eturn.html
1 x