an idea to help protect schools

Political debate. Welcome Yahoo Message Board exiles and everybody else !!
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Re: an idea to help protect schools

Post by evilconempire » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:04 am

chucky wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:03 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am
chucky wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:54 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:10 am
I am Z wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:19 am
Every bad guy was once a good guy. Don't let good guys buy bumpstocks and then they won't have them when they become bad guys. Don't let bad guys buy the bumpstocks legally because that's too easy. Implement background checks for all firearm purchases also. Force them to go onto the black-market to get their tools of destruction. The harder it is to get them the more likely it is they will get caught. Will anything we are suggesting stop these mass shootings completely? No, but we can take common sense measures to reduce them in number.

Just like the AGW issue, Roider, you're going to lose.

don't be stupid. every bad guy wasn't necessarily a good guy once. oh and don't forget, there are plenty of bad girls out there, many who were never good girls, too.

bumpstocks isn't the answer. you're never going to eliminate guns. they will be used to defend homes and people and used by bad people to kill other bad people and some good people. get over it.

criminals don't obey laws. try to understand that truth.
So you're saying some bad guys come out of the womb bad. I don't think that's true, but if it is then some abortions, contrary to the line, kills a bad guy.

Banning bumpstocks is, as anyone can see by the mention of other measures, not being presented as the answer. It's part of it though.
"you're never going to eliminate guns." I'm not trying to, but nice straw man.

So you would prefer criminals be able to legally buy their tools of destruction since they don't obey laws anyways. That's not logical.
Many of the shooters were not criminals when they legally purchased their guns. What you propose won’t do much. I guess it’s a start.
That's what I just said. so preventing "good guys" from getting things like automatic weapons and bumpstocks will prevent a lot of them from having them when they become "bad guys."
Automatic weapons are very expensive and extremely difficult to obtain. I don’t think one has been used in any of these shootings. Bump stocks should be banned.
Exactly
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

psk836
God-Like

Post by psk836 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:37 am
Green energy is on the rise. Gun regulations are on their way.

You lost. Get over it, little Roid.
The Tantrum Strategy....

Works for three year olds too.
1 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:13 am

psk836 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:11 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:37 am
Green energy is on the rise. Gun regulations are on their way.

You lost. Get over it, little Roid.
The Tantrum Strategy....

Works for three year olds too.
One is the market reacting and the other is adults addressing a growing problem in our country. You call that a tantrum. Very telling.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Post by thelionofthenorth » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 am

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:58 am
psk836 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 am
Here's a better idea. Fix our background check system and our laws so that mentally ill people and people with violent crimes in their history can't get guns. Then ban bumpstocks or any other mods that make a gun operate as an automatic. Then limit magazine size. It will help protect everyone rather than just schools.
Much of that is already in place. And Trump just authorized an executive order to ban bump stocks after Congress failed to act after Las Vegas.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics ... index.html

"Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns,"
Except that it isn't.

Directing the DoJ to propose regulations is not the same as actually banning them. I'm glad he did this though.
It is somwhat of an improvement from the nothing he did after the Vegas shooting - you know, the one actually carried out using bump stocks.

Maybe after the next mass shooting, he'll get around to taking action to keep crazies from buying guns.
0 x
Stupidity deserves no pity.

chucky
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by chucky » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 am

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:15 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:58 am
psk836 wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:38 am
Here's a better idea. Fix our background check system and our laws so that mentally ill people and people with violent crimes in their history can't get guns. Then ban bumpstocks or any other mods that make a gun operate as an automatic. Then limit magazine size. It will help protect everyone rather than just schools.
Much of that is already in place. And Trump just authorized an executive order to ban bump stocks after Congress failed to act after Las Vegas.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/20/politics ... index.html

"Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns,"
Except that it isn't.

Directing the DoJ to propose regulations is not the same as actually banning them. I'm glad he did this though.
It is somwhat of an improvement from the nothing he did after the Vegas shooting - you know, the one actually carried out using bump stocks.

Maybe after the next mass shooting, he'll get around to taking action to keep crazies from buying guns.
Eventually we will have gun laws like they do in Australia. That is the ultimate goal of the gun control lobby.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

JDDJR
Nobility

Post by JDDJR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:39 am

If my Liberal Friends are worried about the Kids, why not shutdown all public schools and move Education on-line...Private Schools can provide Their own Security....just a thought...

Or is it as I suspect, Not about the Children but about only the Gun ??...
0 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:15 am

evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
Every bad guy was once a good guy. Don't let good guys buy bumpstocks and then they won't have them when they become bad guys. Don't let bad guys buy the bumpstocks legally because that's too easy. Implement background checks for all firearm purchases also. Force them to go onto the black-market to get their tools of destruction. The harder it is to get them the more likely it is they will get caught. Will anything we are suggesting stop these mass shootings completely? No, but we can take common sense measures to reduce them in number.

don't be stupid. every bad guy wasn't necessarily a good guy once. oh and don't forget, there are plenty of bad girls out there, many who were never good girls, too.

bumpstocks isn't the answer. you're never going to eliminate guns. they will be used to defend homes and people and used by bad people to kill other bad people and some good people. get over it.

So you're saying some bad guys come out of the womb bad. I don't think that's true, but if it is then some abortions, contrary to the line, kills a bad guy.

Banning bumpstocks is, as anyone can see by the mention of other measures, not being presented as the answer. It's part of it though.

So you would prefer criminals be able to legally buy their tools of destruction since they don't obey laws anyways. That's not logical.

wow. just..wow.
of course, some people are "born bad". damn. you know how it is, "he was born a homosexual"---born that way. lol

and again, more obvious--- some aborted humans will have been killed off that would have grown up to be bad. damn, you're really on a roll there.

and no, i wouldn't prefer that CRIMINALS buy any guns at all. if they're a criminal (depending on the severity of their previous crimes) i wouldn't want them to be able to ever buy a gun. your reference to "logic" isn't logical at all.

but one thing you did get right. it doesn't matter how many laws get passed, criminals and the criminally insane will not obey them. think----illegal aliens coming over our southern border. they don't obey our laws.
1 x
gender appropriation is ok if you're a liberal

:flycarpet:

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 am

I am Z wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:15 am
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

wow. just..wow.
of course, some people are "born bad". damn. you know how it is, "he was born a homosexual"---born that way. lol

and again, more obvious--- some aborted humans will have been killed off that would have grown up to be bad. damn, you're really on a roll there.

and no, i wouldn't prefer that CRIMINALS buy any guns at all. if they're a criminal (depending on the severity of their previous crimes) i wouldn't want them to be able to ever buy a gun. your reference to "logic" isn't logical at all.

but one thing you did get right. it doesn't matter how many laws get passed, criminals and the criminally insane will not obey them. think----illegal aliens coming over our southern border. they don't obey our laws.
No, people aren't born bad. No one is bad until they do something bad. "he was born homosexual"? You're reaching again, stretch.

So we agree that bad guys and the mentally ill shouldn't be able to legally purchase guns. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

"it doesn't matter how many laws get passed, criminals and the criminally insane will not obey them." And the sky is blue. do you have a point?
0 x

I am Z
Global Moderator

Post by I am Z » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 am

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 am
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

wow. just..wow.

No, people aren't born bad. No one is bad until they do something bad. "he was born homosexual"? You're reaching again, stretch.

So we agree that bad guys and the mentally ill shouldn't be able to legally purchase guns. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

"it doesn't matter how many laws get passed, criminals and the criminally insane will not obey them." And the sky is blue. do you have a point?
damn, how easily things soar over you.

criminals (some who must have been born with the proclivity to be a bad person) will FIND a way to hurt people if that's what they want to do.

"bad" people aren't necessarily a product of their environment any different than your previous argument that someone is born to be a homosexual. when you find that homosexual gene in humans, let me know, lol.

yeah, I have a point. 25 more laws could be passed and criminals will still break them.
0 x
gender appropriation is ok if you're a liberal

:flycarpet:

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:07 am

I am Z wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:00 am
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:02 am
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
I am Z wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

wow. just..wow.

damn, how easily things soar over you.

criminals (some who must have been born with the proclivity to be a bad person) will FIND a way to hurt people if that's what they want to do.

"bad" people aren't necessarily a product of their environment any different than your previous argument that someone is born to be a homosexual. when you find that homosexual gene in humans, let me know, lol.

yeah, I have a point. 25 more laws could be passed and criminals will still break them.
That's true, they will. We already agreed on that. What's the point you're trying to make? That we don't need laws at all because criminals will break them anyway?

No one is "bad" until they actually do something "bad." So they are a "good guy" until they aren't anymore. That's why it needs to be harder, not easier, to get a gun. It's just basic logic, which probably explains why you don't get it.
0 x