Have you Heard Plenty About "Global Warming"

Are you a Gorebot? A Denier? Let's mix it up here and figure this issue out!
numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Have you Heard Plenty About "Global Warming"

Post by numarymag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:55 pm

Here's a book I just finished called "The Politically Incorrect Guide" to Global Warming and Environmentalism

You have heard a lot about "global warming" but have you heard:
*The Earth has often been hotter than it is now
*Only a tiny portion of greenhouse gases are man-made
"Most of Antarctica is getting colder
*The media only recently abandoned the "global cooling" scare
*"Global warming" hasn't made hurricanes worse

Book is written by Christopher C. Horner, Senior Fellow at the Competitive Enterprise Institute.
0 x

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Re: Have you Heard Plenty About "Global Warming"

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 pm

*The Earth has often been hotter than it is now"

True, but not while man has been here and the rate of increase has never been as high.

"*Only a tiny portion of greenhouse gases are man-made"

There has been a 40% increase in just CO2 due to man's activity. The impact on the greenhouse effect is significant.

""Most of Antarctica is getting colder"

The minor bit of cooling that has been seen in the last few years is well-within the normal variations. The trend is still up.

"*The media only recently abandoned the "global cooling" scare"

over 40 years ago less than 10% of climate scientists thought we could be entering a new ice age. It was never "abandoned" as it was never a widely accepted theory.

*"Global warming" hasn't made hurricanes worse"

It's impossible to say whether or not a single weather event was worse because of, or caused by, Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Your author works for an organization that is funded by Big Oil. Be careful to research his claims rather than just accept them as truth. Also, he's a lawyer with no formal education in the sciences.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:49 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:08 pm

True, but not while man has been here and the rate of increase has never been as high.

There has been a 40% increase in just CO2 due to man's activity. The impact on the greenhouse effect is significant.

The minor bit of cooling that has been seen in the last few years is well-within the normal variations. The trend is still up.

over 40 years ago less than 10% of climate scientists thought we could be entering a new ice age. It was never "abandoned" as it was never a widely accepted theory.

It's impossible to say whether or not a single weather event was worse because of, or caused by, Anthropogenic Global Warming.

Your author works for an organization that is funded by Big Oil. Be careful to research his claims rather than just accept them as truth. Also, he's a lawyer with no formal education in the sciences.
And you are a message board hack with no credentials to qualify you as an authority on any subject. Given a choice I will take my author way before I'd consider you.
1 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 pm

numarymag wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:49 pm
evilconempire wrote:

And you are a message board hack with no credentials to qualify you as an authority on any subject. Given a choice I will take my author way before I'd consider you.
LOL Okay then just eat up what they feed you.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 am

evilconempire wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:57 pm
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

What arrogance to believe that you can grant or take away anything I want to do or say.
1 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am

numarymag wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:23 am
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

What arrogance to believe that you can grant or take away anything I want to do or say.
What? No one is granting you anything or taking away anything. Get a grip, you old bat
0 x

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:30 am
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

What? No one is granting you anything or taking away anything. Get a grip, you old bat
So you really didn't say this: "LOL Okay then just eat up what they feed you." Anyone in their right mind would see that as granting me permission to accept what I see to be true. You are a jerk Evil - you work so hard at being a know it all and just come across as a JERK.
1 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 am

numarymag wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

So you really didn't say this: "LOL Okay then just eat up what they feed you." Anyone in their right mind would see that as granting me permission to accept what I see to be true. You are a jerk Evil - you work so hard at being a know it all and just come across as a JERK.
LOL No, only you would see it that way because you're batsh!t crazy.

So putting your drama queen nonsense aside, I provided a counterpoint to each of your items listed. Each one is supported by numerous scientific studies published in reputable peer-reviewed scientific journals. Many of which I have posted here. If some lawyer for a Big Oil financed organization publishes a book and it says what you want to hear so you accept it over the facts then there's nothing I can do about it. And that is what most sane people would understand as what I was saying rather than this granting permission nonsense.
0 x

numarymag
Imperial Majesty

Post by numarymag » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 am
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

So putting your drama queen nonsense aside, I provided a counterpoint to each of your items listed. Each one is supported by numerous scientific studies published in reputable peer-reviewed scientific journals. Many of which I have posted here. If some lawyer for a Big Oil financed organization publishes a book and it says what you want to hear so you accept it over the facts then there's nothing I can do about it. And that is what most sane people would understand as what I was saying rather than this granting permission nonsense.
Only those without a mind spend so much time accusing others of not having one.
0 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:05 am

numarymag wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:02 am
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:29 am
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Only those without a mind spend so much time accusing others of not having one.
0 x