Play for free Battleship and Dig Dug

AIBAFS: "....One of the best political forums....." https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.aibafs.net

Religion and Intelligence

Who do you pray to?
User avatar
Apple1
Courtier
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Religion and Intelligence

Post by Apple1 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:50 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:48 pm
Apple1 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:44 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:39 pm
numarymag wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:16 pm
Apple1 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:13 pm
numarymag wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:08 pm
Apple1 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:05 pm
numarymag wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm
Apple1 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:53 pm
numarymag wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:51 pm


Actually it doesn't matter how long it is and I would find time for it anyway. One of the things you learn when serving the needy in your Community is that we all need prayers and God answers those prayers. Obviously when you believe something should be done you find time for it.
That is wonderful, you are a wonderful person for caring so much about non-believers, its just that there are SO MANY, that was what I was referencing.
There are not as many as you might think - or is that just wishful thinking because you don't want to admit you don't believe and want support.
I'm sure the fact that Christianity is on the decline is not on your radar. Not that it matters.
Support for not believing something? That's just silly. :) :D1
The fact is well known in Christian circles but that doesn't make Christianity wrong only makes the fact that many in our our Country and the World have turned their back on it. That's why most Christian Churches offer prayers for those that have lost their faith and those that have never found the Truth. If you didn't want support in your position why are you posting?
I am posting because I am hoping to find out why people believe in something so absurd and how they reconcile the lack of factual evidence to support their belief...also wondering if it is in fact an intelligence issue or something else. No offense intended.

Why are you posting?
I have spent a good deal of time in Hospitals with people who are sick and dying. Strange thing about them is that no matter how hard they ran away from God, like you, they start calling on Him when they know their time has come. You too will be calling out for the Father when your time comes.
I've been there. I didn't call out like you describe. Having spent time in a cancer ward, I know that youre full of scheiße. No one goes around asking people if they were an atheist before their diagnosis.
I've seen a lot too, a lot of death and not once have I seen what she speaks of. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, I'm sure it may the odd time.
I have no doubt that there are people that react that way out of fear and desperation. Something they would do around family or when alone, but not in front of some old lady volunteering at a hospital. She's so full of it
Perhaps she is an angel of mercy. :guffaw:
Did you mean: airbags

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 2272
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Post by Pete » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm

Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
"Not a bird, not a plane, I'm just a mean ol' night owl"

User avatar
evilconempire
Rock Star
Posts: 14313
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Post by evilconempire » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm

Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm
Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
That's just something stupid people say :lo2l:
"That Canadian HERO did what the world should do, but not only to the FILTHY muslims but the libturd democrats also!!" - Illeatyourdates

User avatar
Apple1
Courtier
Posts: 648
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:35 pm
Contact:

Post by Apple1 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:55 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:57 pm
Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm
Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
That's just something stupid people say :lo2l:
:lo2l:
Did you mean: airbags

User avatar
Falstaff2
Yeoman
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Falstaff2 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:57 pm

The fundamentalists of many faiths paint themselves as victims of some sort these days. In the US they want to take on the position of warriors against oppression from the satanist athiest demons. Funny thing is their only threat is the people who doubted Santa Claus early in their youth soon recognized that religion was just as phony.

User avatar
brookboy123
Heir Presumptive
Posts: 2880
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by brookboy123 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am

Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm
Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
I wonder what our "Ivy League" Mr 171 thinks about your truism.

:lo2l: :lo2l: :lo2l:

User avatar
numarymag
Majesty
Posts: 5032
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by numarymag » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 am

brookboy123 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am
Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm
Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
I wonder what our "Ivy League" Mr 171 thinks about your truism.

:lo2l: :lo2l: :lo2l:
I wonder about the intelligence of people who have none questioning those that do.

User avatar
evilconempire
Rock Star
Posts: 14313
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Post by evilconempire » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 am

numarymag wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 am
brookboy123 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am
Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm
Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
I wonder what our "Ivy League" Mr 171 thinks about your truism.

:lo2l: :lo2l: :lo2l:
I wonder about the intelligence of people who have none questioning those that do.
If you say they have none then what about their intelligence are you wondering about?
"That Canadian HERO did what the world should do, but not only to the FILTHY muslims but the libturd democrats also!!" - Illeatyourdates

User avatar
numarymag
Majesty
Posts: 5032
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by numarymag » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 am
numarymag wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 am
brookboy123 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am
Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm
Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
I wonder what our "Ivy League" Mr 171 thinks about your truism.

:lo2l: :lo2l: :lo2l:
I wonder about the intelligence of people who have none questioning those that do.
If you say they have none then what about their intelligence are you wondering about?
Your reading comprehension seems to be suffering. Perhaps you should go back and review "See Spot Run".

User avatar
evilconempire
Rock Star
Posts: 14313
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Post by evilconempire » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:36 am

numarymag wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am
evilconempire wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 am
numarymag wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 am
brookboy123 wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 am
Pete wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm
Truly intelligent people don't need to boast about how smart they are. :singe2:
I wonder what our "Ivy League" Mr 171 thinks about your truism.

:lo2l: :lo2l: :lo2l:
I wonder about the intelligence of people who have none questioning those that do.
If you say they have none then what about their intelligence are you wondering about?
Your reading comprehension seems to be suffering. Perhaps you should go back and review "See Spot Run".
You're inability to express a cogent thought is not a comprehension problem on my part.
"That Canadian HERO did what the world should do, but not only to the FILTHY muslims but the libturd democrats also!!" - Illeatyourdates

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests