If you are ever on south side of Chicago

Favorite foods, restaurants, recipes.........
Pete
Site Admin

If you are ever on south side of Chicago

Post by Pete » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:36 pm

Try Fabulous Freddies. I usually get the Philly Wrap but today I got the Turkey Avocado wrap and that thing was lit, man.

The only drawback is you have to avoid getting shot
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Pete wrote:Try Fabulous Freddies. I usually get the Philly Wrap but today I got the Turkey Avocado wrap and that thing was lit, man.

For white guys, that's not a problem. Then again, it's not really south side. Get down to 87th and it might be a different story. Heard about the place many times and have never tried it. Anything unique on the beer front?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

fwiw2
Courtier

Post by fwiw2 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:58 pm

If you're in Chicago now stop by Ricobene's and check them out.
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 pm

fwiw2 wrote:If you're in Chicago now stop by Ricobene's and check them out.
My first stop is always White Castle... about 10 minutes from O'Hare.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Pete wrote:Try Fabulous Freddies. I usually get the Philly Wrap but today I got the Turkey Avocado wrap and that thing was lit, man.

For white guys, that's not a problem. Then again, it's not really south side. Get down to 87th and it might be a different story. Heard about the place many times and have never tried it. Anything unique on the beer front?

Im in the old Chi Stockyards area. Still pretty rough here.
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:06 pm

nolaxride wrote:

0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:10 pm

Pete wrote:
nolaxride wrote:

That area was 'rough' when it was generally Polish.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:13 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Pete wrote:
nolaxride wrote:

You familiar with the hood called 'Back of the Yards'? That what Im close to. Constant sirens.
0 x
Nemo me impune lacessit

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Pete wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
Pete wrote:
nolaxride wrote:

You familiar with the hood called 'Back of the Yards'? That what Im close to. Constant sirens.
Upton Sinclair neighborhood... and where Saul Alinsky got his start as an organizer.

More important is that you're not far from Shinnick's Irish Pub. Used to date a woman who was attending the Illinois Institute of Technology and we'd hang out there... as I remember, it has am amazing back bar. 38th and S. Union. Small place on the corner.

And one other thing... you're in White Sox territory.
0 x