Can PMs be blocked?

Please report any glitches
User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33273
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Can PMs be blocked?

Post by evilconempire » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm

I have an attention seeker PMing me now because I've put him on ignore. I don't see a way to block PMs, but maybe I'm missing it?
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 6920
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by Pete » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:53 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm
I have an attention seeker PMing me now because I've put him on ignore. I don't see a way to block PMs, but maybe I'm missing it?
Not sure but Ill look. If you are being bothered, of course we will not allow that.
0 x
I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish. Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3210
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by Bigbaddoe » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:54 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:50 pm
I have an attention seeker PMing me now because I've put him on ignore. I don't see a way to block PMs, but maybe I'm missing it?
Not sure if there is.
0 x

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 6920
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by Pete » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:17 pm

looks like there used to be a mod that blocked PMs, but mods are not used any longer. We use extensions and I don't see any evidence that the mod was ported to an extension.

If you ask a member to stop PM and they send another, let me know and they'll get a long time off
0 x
I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish. Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 33273
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by evilconempire » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:18 pm

Pete wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:17 pm
looks like there used to be a mod that blocked PMs, but mods are not used any longer. We use extensions and I don't see any evidence that the mod was ported to an extension.

If you ask a member to stop PM and they send another, let me know and they'll get a long time off
Thank you for looking into it. I'll take your advice.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

User avatar
brookboy123
Imperial Majesty
Posts: 6836
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by brookboy123 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:27 pm

I would also be interested in being able to block pm's from a specific poster.

1 x

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 6920
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by Pete » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:37 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:27 pm
I would also be interested in being able to block pm's from a specific poster.

if you ask them to stop PM and they continue to harass you with PM, I have a way to stop it immediately. Quietly copy the PMs to me and I guarantee instant relief
2 x
I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish. Gilbert Gottfried

User avatar
brookboy123
Imperial Majesty
Posts: 6836
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:48 pm

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by brookboy123 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:21 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:37 pm
brookboy123 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:27 pm
I would also be interested in being able to block pm's from a specific poster.

if you ask them to stop PM and they continue to harass you with PM, I have a way to stop it immediately. Quietly copy the PMs to me and I guarantee instant relief
Thanks, Pietro......it seems to be already working.

:dance:
0 x

User avatar
nolaxride
Global Moderator
Posts: 16747
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by nolaxride » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:19 am

You guys have all the fun... personal stalkers... congrats. You did something to really get under their skin.
0 x
-- Ignotum per inotius

User avatar
aluannie@q.com
Heir Apparent
Posts: 3247
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:34 am

Re: Can PMs be blocked?

Post by aluannie@q.com » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:19 am
You guys have all the fun... personal stalkers... congrats. You did something to really get under their skin.
Makes me laugh to read their whines. They draw that kind of response with their hateful and nasty posts. I have no sympathy for them at all.
0 x

Post Reply