Board runs slow on Chrome

Please report any glitches
JDDJR
Associate

Re: Board runs slow on Chrome

Post by JDDJR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:55 am

WIN 7, FireFox 58...02.....for this board - Private Window only....less clutter in browser history....
1 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:59 am

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 am
When typing a reply there is a lengthy pause where nothing will happen. If I flip to another tab and then back it's working again.
Win10 and Chrome, correct?
0 x
You can't make bad people harmless by making good people helpless

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:00 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:59 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:33 am
When typing a reply there is a lengthy pause where nothing will happen. If I flip to another tab and then back it's working again.
Win10 and Chrome, correct?
Correct. It's sporadic though.
0 x
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

JDDJR
Associate

Post by JDDJR » Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:08 pm

Now running Mate 17.3, FireFox 58...02 runs great....
0 x

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:10 pm

On Chrome, from the View > Developer menu, select Developer Tools. Click Audits. There are a few issues.

Under Console, there are also a few issues. It takes a while for the console to update.

Under Network, you'll see the responses for various requests. Before the upgrade, there were several in red. They aren't since the upgrade.

Performance has some interesting information... and I have no idea what metric they're using.

I wonder if Pete has considered an HTTPS connection?
0 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:10 pm
On Chrome, from the View > Developer menu, select Developer Tools. Click Audits. There are a few issues.

Under Console, there are also a few issues. It takes a while for the console to update.

Under Network, you'll see the responses for various requests. Before the upgrade, there were several in red. They aren't since the upgrade.

Performance has some interesting information... and I have no idea what metric they're using.

I actually pay for https, but as long as we allow external images to be posted it breaks the security. The good news is that if anybody was able to steal info from here, it is encrypted ie useless
0 x
You can't make bad people harmless by making good people helpless

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 pm
nolaxride wrote:

I actually pay for https, but as long as we allow external images to be posted it breaks the security. The good news is that if anybody was able to steal info from here, it is encrypted ie useless
Is that links to external pics, or external pics that we upload? I'm guessing that's the http link to pics on an external site. And the second question is how many of those external links suppor https li
0 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲

barrysoetoro
Godfather

Post by barrysoetoro » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:20 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:12 pm
nolaxride wrote:

aka, hot linking?
0 x