nolaxride wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:28 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 am
nolaxride wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:48 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am
Pete, did you limit the search tool for this board when you were making room or doe sit just not work well? I've searched for posts of mine that I know exist, but the search doesn't find them.
Have you tried the advanced search? I did a quick search for toshi and liberal and got nearly 400 hits.
I have and it didn't work either. It's possible the posts were deleted I guess. I forget what I was searching for when I posted this, but I just tried to find that Sir Spamalot thread to test the advanced search and got nothing.
Looks like the earliest data is June 2016. IIRC, we had a server meltdown. I'm guessing everything before that was lost.
The problem we had was that the database was becoming too large and GoDaddy shut us down with no warning, ie 'psst hey aibafs you are almost over-limit. You have 2 weeks to take action'

There is now an auto-prune function in place in which a thread is deleted if nobody has posted it in a year. If you guys feel we should go out further, say 1.5 years, i think we would still be OK
0 x
You can't make bad people harmless by making good people helpless

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Re: Searching this board

Post by nolaxride » Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:27 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:47 am
nolaxride wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:28 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 am
nolaxride wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:48 am
evilconempire wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 am
Pete, did you limit the search tool for this board when you were making room or doe sit just not work well? I've searched for posts of mine that I know exist, but the search doesn't find them.
Have you tried the advanced search? I did a quick search for toshi and liberal and got nearly 400 hits.
I have and it didn't work either. It's possible the posts were deleted I guess. I forget what I was searching for when I posted this, but I just tried to find that Sir Spamalot thread to test the advanced search and got nothing.
Looks like the earliest data is June 2016. IIRC, we had a server meltdown. I'm guessing everything before that was lost.
That's what I thought too, but there are posts that go back to to 2014. A lot of them. That's why I started wondering if something with the search function changed.
I didn't see any going back that far, but if they do, it sounds like it's just an indexing issue.
0 x
-- 滑板車是個文盲