AIBAFS UNDERGOING MAINT......

Please report any glitches
JDDJR
Associate

AIBAFS UNDERGOING MAINT......

Post by JDDJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Can you expand a little on that Pete??

Maybe even supply some bits of code, beneficial to a beginner Linux user.....???
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Re: AIBAFS UNDERGOING MAINT......

Post by pete » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Maybe even supply some bits of code, beneficial to a beginner Linux user.....???
our phpBB guru martin was optimizing the database. I just kinda stand back and let him do his magic. Our biggest problem was my lack of maint over the last 12 months due to heavy travel. We have put into place automatic functions to prevent getting too big, Autopruning posts is one example. If a thread hasn't been looked at or posted to for a year, it goes away
0 x
You can't make bad people harmless by making good people helpless

JDDJR
Associate

Post by JDDJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm
JDDJR wrote:

our phpBB guru martin was optimizing the database. I just kinda stand back and let him do his magic. Our biggest problem was my lack of maint over the last 12 months due to heavy travel. We have put into place automatic functions to prevent getting too big, Autopruning posts is one example. If a thread hasn't been looked at or posted to for a year, it goes away

Pete if you have a chance, ask Martin what his preferred distro is.....
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:14 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm
Pete wrote:
JDDJR wrote:

will do.......if I forget you can always PM him
0 x

barrysoetoro
Godfather

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Pete wrote:
JDDJR wrote:

Did you get an answer?
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:33 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:20 pm
JDDJR wrote:
Pete wrote:
JDDJR wrote:

Did you get an answer?
martin has become difficult to reach. he may have a new job. you can email him from here. look at his profile link and you can email from there
0 x