Play for free Battleship and Dig Dug

AIBAFS: "....One of the best political forums....." https://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.aibafs.net

AIBAFS UNDERGOING MAINT......

Please report any glitches
Post Reply
User avatar
JDDJR
Courtier
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm

AIBAFS UNDERGOING MAINT......

Post by JDDJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Can you expand a little on that Pete??

Maybe even supply some bits of code, beneficial to a beginner Linux user.....???

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Post by Pete » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm
Can you expand a little on that Pete??

Maybe even supply some bits of code, beneficial to a beginner Linux user.....???
our phpBB guru martin was optimizing the database. I just kinda stand back and let him do his magic. Our biggest problem was my lack of maint over the last 12 months due to heavy travel. We have put into place automatic functions to prevent getting too big, Autopruning posts is one example. If a thread hasn't been looked at or posted to for a year, it goes away
:guffaw: :guffaw: Congratulations President Hillary Clinton :guffaw: :guffaw:

User avatar
JDDJR
Courtier
Posts: 719
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by JDDJR » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm
JDDJR wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm
Can you expand a little on that Pete??

Maybe even supply some bits of code, beneficial to a beginner Linux user.....???
our phpBB guru martin was optimizing the database. I just kinda stand back and let him do his magic. Our biggest problem was my lack of maint over the last 12 months due to heavy travel. We have put into place automatic functions to prevent getting too big, Autopruning posts is one example. If a thread hasn't been looked at or posted to for a year, it goes away


Pete if you have a chance, ask Martin what his preferred distro is.....

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 2400
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Post by Pete » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:14 pm

JDDJR wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:51 pm
Pete wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:31 pm
JDDJR wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:25 pm
Can you expand a little on that Pete??

Maybe even supply some bits of code, beneficial to a beginner Linux user.....???
our phpBB guru martin was optimizing the database. I just kinda stand back and let him do his magic. Our biggest problem was my lack of maint over the last 12 months due to heavy travel. We have put into place automatic functions to prevent getting too big, Autopruning posts is one example. If a thread hasn't been looked at or posted to for a year, it goes away


Pete if you have a chance, ask Martin what his preferred distro is.....
will do.......if I forget you can always PM him
:guffaw: :guffaw: Congratulations President Hillary Clinton :guffaw: :guffaw:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests