Release announcement--New Forum Version 3.1.4 (WE ARE NOW UPDATED)

Please report any glitches
pete
Site Admin

Release announcement--New Forum Version 3.1.4 (WE ARE NOW UPDATED)

Post by pete » Mon May 04, 2015 1:39 pm

We are on 3.1.3 currently Oh goodie, something to tinker with this evening Most users will not notice anything other than a brief outage (I hope it's brief LOL).

The upside is that some of the new extension add-ons being released only work with 3.1.4 and higher, so we'll be able to take advantage of them if desired

<edited out all of the tedious upgrade instructions that are only needed by afmin>

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2313941
0 x
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

numarymag
Soldier

Re: Release announcement--New Forum Version 3.1.4

Post by numarymag » Mon May 04, 2015 2:11 pm

Pete wrote:We are on 3.1.3 currently Oh goodie, something to tinker with this evening Most users will not notice anything other than a brief outage (I hope it's brief LOL).

The upside is that some of the new extension add-ons being released only work with 3.1.4 and higher, so we'll be able to take advantage of them if desired

Release announcement

Please read the release announcement for the latest version before you continue your update process, it may contain useful information. It also contains full download links as well as the change log.

How to update your installation with the Automatic Update Package

The recommended way of updating your installation listed here is only valid for the automatic update package. You are also able to update your installation using the methods listed within the INSTALL.html document. The steps for updating phpBB3 automatically are:

Go to the phpBB.com downloads page and download the "Automatic Update Package" archive.

Unpack the archive.

Upload the complete uncompressed "install" and "vendor" folders to your phpBB root directory (where your config.php file is).

Once uploaded your board will be offline for normal users due to the install directory you uploaded now present.

Now start the update process by pointing your browser to the install folder.

You will then be guided through the update process. You will be notified once the update is complete.

I don't have the least idea of what you are talking about. Looks like if I don't do whatever it is I will be gone from the board. Perhaps that's best.
0 x

psk836
Underboss

Post by psk836 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:18 pm

I'm glad we have a pete to look after all this stuff for us!
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 pm

numarymag wrote:
Pete wrote:We are on 3.1.3 currently Oh goodie, something to tinker with this evening Most users will not notice anything other than a brief outage (I hope it's brief LOL).

Release announcement

Please read the release announcement for the latest version before you continue your update process, it may contain useful information. It also contains full download links as well as the change log.

The recommended way of updating your installation listed here is only valid for the automatic update package. You are also able to update your installation using the methods listed within the INSTALL.html document. The steps for updating phpBB3 automatically are:

Go to the phpBB.com downloads page and download the "Automatic Update Package" archive.

Unpack the archive.

Upload the complete uncompressed "install" and "vendor" folders to your phpBB root directory (where your config.php file is).

Once uploaded your board will be offline for normal users due to the install directory you uploaded now present.

You will then be guided through the update process. You will be notified once the update is complete.

I don't have the least idea of what you are talking about. Looks like if I don't do whatever it is I will be gone from the board. Perhaps that's best.

No action is required by any member. this is simply FYI
0 x

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Mon May 04, 2015 2:20 pm

numarymag wrote:

Release announcement

Unpack the archive.

Pete will do all of that. You shouldn't have to do a thing and probably won't notice difference.
0 x
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

numarymag
Soldier

Post by numarymag » Mon May 04, 2015 2:23 pm

Pete wrote:
numarymag wrote:

Release announcement

Unpack the archive.

No action is required by any member. this is simply FYI
Hooray!!! You have no idea how NOT Techie I am. :)2
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Mon May 04, 2015 2:25 pm

evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:

Release announcement

Unpack the archive.

Pete will do all of that. You shouldn't have to do a thing and probably won't notice difference.

thanks....in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have posted the instructions that only i will need. i was just trying to let everybody know I'm working hard behind the curtain to keep the board safe and happy !!
0 x

numarymag
Soldier

Post by numarymag » Mon May 04, 2015 2:29 pm

Pete wrote:
evilconempire wrote:
numarymag wrote:

Release announcement

Unpack the archive.

thanks....in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have posted the instructions that only i will need. i was just trying to let everybody know I'm working hard behind the curtain to keep the board safe and happy !!
Actually I would bet that most of the posters on this board understood at least portions of what you were talking about. I'm just happy it is your realm and not something I have to know. I truly appreciate all the time and effort you put into keeping this board in good operation.
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Mon May 04, 2015 2:33 pm

I guess the main message is if you see the forum down for a few minutes later tonight eastern time, say between 11-12 EDT, it's just me. I screwed it up last time because I was trying to watch the Super Bowl and got distracted ;-). Should only take a few minutes this time :P2
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Mon May 04, 2015 10:21 pm

Might have to do this upgrade tomorrow. very sleepy
0 x