"Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Welcome all former Yahoo Message Boards members and everybody else! We're glad you are here!
User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:57 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:42 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
How could you possibly know when a member has been given time off or other punishment?
Think about it. There are a number of ways. though, I've not said that you haven't done this at all.
Basically you are saying the rules are not enforced.
0 x

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 44108
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:07 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
You f#cking little godam punk. How much did you contribute to this board? You fugging act like you own it!!! Did you sign some contract saying you are "owed" anything here?
0 x
...people in California would vote for a bowl of $#@% if it had “D” next to it. ~Rob Schneider

User avatar
barrysoetoro
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 44108
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:55 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:09 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:42 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:41 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
How could you possibly know when a member has been given time off or other punishment?
Think about it. There are a number of ways. though, I've not said that you haven't done this at all.
Think about what?

What's one way?

Your last sentence makes me wonder why you're whining at all.
0 x
...people in California would vote for a bowl of $#@% if it had “D” next to it. ~Rob Schneider

User avatar
thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator
Posts: 12267
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by thelionofthenorth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:48 pm

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:07 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
You f#cking little godam punk. How much did you contribute to this board? You fugging act like you own it!!! Did you sign some contract saying you are "owed" anything here?
Image
1 x
stultitia meretur, non misericordia

User avatar
Evil
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized
Posts: 43558
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:25 am

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by Evil » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
What rule has not been enforced?
Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Maybe some think justvefiting our violations in punishment lol
0 x
"When the speech condemns a free press, you are hearing the words of a tyrant."

User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 16208
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by psk836 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:03 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
Liberal-speak for rules are for everyone else.
1 x

User avatar
thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator
Posts: 12267
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by thelionofthenorth » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:21 pm

No, mod-speak for the rules are as enforced as we can.

If certain posters weren’t determined to violate multiple rules with each post, we might have a chance to keep up.
1 x
stultitia meretur, non misericordia

User avatar
psk836
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla
Posts: 16208
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:22 am

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by psk836 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:33 pm

I admit that I am less than perfect, however I think it would be nice if people would think a moment before they post, and try a little harder to consider the intent of those who set up this forum for the rest of us to give voice to our views.
0 x

User avatar
Pete
Site Admin
Posts: 9231
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:15 am
Location: Atlanta GA USA

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by Pete » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:43 pm

"Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported"

Link? I have never ever uttered those words.

It doesnt hurt though to report a violation. Mods and Admin are unpaid positions and they can't be expected to read every single post.

Again, I'll wait for that link from you
2 x
Where would you like to spend eternity: smoking or non-smoking?

User avatar
Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:12 pm

Re: "Forum Rules Learn it. Know it. Live it"

Post by Bigbaddoe » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:22 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:58 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:56 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:39 pm
Pete wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm
How about "enforce it"?
Learn it first. Rule 9: "....please do not assume that 'nothing is being done' when you report a post. Most of the measures that are taken will remain hidden to most of the membership. Admin considers it unfair for Admin/Mods to publicly humiliate our members."
Oh I've learned it. I know it. I'll live it as soon as you enforce it.
What rule has not been enforced?
Every single one has not been enforced every time it has been broken. Ive been told numerous times that nothing will be done unless it’s reported. So breaking a rule goes unpunished unless someone reports it. One would think that mods could identify them themselves. Either way, I don’t care really. I just thought the statement was funny considering the lack of enforcement.

Maybe some think justvefiting our violations in punishment lol
Believe it or not mods don't read every single post. There is a report feature for a reason. REPORT THINGS. If not stop complaining.
1 x

Post Reply