Buick Grand National

Car talk
Pete
Site Admin

Buick Grand National

Post by Pete » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:30 pm

0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

Falstaff2
Courtier

Re: Buick Grand National

Post by Falstaff2 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:24 pm

There were several GM cars with the supercharged 3.8L engine that really impressed me. Several of my customers were furnished with the Pontiac Bonneville version as their personal fleet vehicle and they all bought their cars when they got new fleet vehicles. There weren't many cars that could keep up with them from light to light or on an expressway. One of those cars was still running great at nearly 300,000 miles the last time I drove it. The only engine work ever required was a timing chain and scheduled maintenance.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Buick Grand National

Post by Pete » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:24 am

Dude I knew bought one and after a few beers at an apartment complex pool party, he asked me if I wanted to drive it. He kept admonishing me "no man, really stomp on it" as we got onto GA400. By the time we reached the top of the get-on ramp, I was really close to 90mph. Open beer between my legs BTW.

I don't engage in, condone or recommend such behavior nowadays. :beer:
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling