CNN Relieved To FINALLY Get Some Weather It Can Call Climate Change

Are you a Gorebot? A Denier? Let's mix it up here and figure this issue out!
psk836
Rock Star

CNN Relieved To FINALLY Get Some Weather It Can Call Climate Change

Post by psk836 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:24 pm

It's getting hot in Europe. In the summertime.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/24/worl ... index.html
1 x

psk836
Rock Star

Re: CNN Relieved To FINALLY Get Some Weather It Can Call Climate Change

Post by psk836 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:33 pm

Note CNN's headline. Just so you can see what they're doing here.

http://aibafs.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t= ... is#p464730
0 x

donttreadonme
Rock Star

Post by donttreadonme » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:39 pm

psk836 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:24 pm
It's getting hot in Europe. In the summertime.

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/24/worl ... index.html
The reading challenged goons think it's CNN calling it "climate change." :lo2l: :singe2:
1 x
I hope they now take a look at the orange, the oranges of the investigation. The beginnings of that investigation. You look at the orange of the investigat

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:40 pm

If the necessary changes hadn't been fought so hard then we wouldn't have a climate crisis. Calling it anything other than a climate crisis wouldn't make sense. It's always nice to see the speech police on patrol though.
0 x
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

psk836
Rock Star

Post by psk836 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:50 pm

When this hysteria doesn't work you can move on to climate catastrophe.

Small steps evil. Don't overdo it.
0 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:55 pm

It is and has been happening is smallish steps for a long time now. You ignore a problem long enough and it becomes a bigger problem.
0 x
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore.”

psk836
Rock Star

Post by psk836 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 pm

Deal.
0 x

antilib
Global Moderator

Post by antilib » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:40 pm
If the necessary changes hadn't been fought so hard then we wouldn't have a climate crisis. Calling it anything other than a climate crisis wouldn't make sense. It's always nice to see the speech police on patrol though.
The Washington Times - Saturday, May 4, 2019

The Climate Reality Project, an activist group founded by Al Gore in 2006, is now demanding that major broadcast news organizations refer to climate change as a “crisis” — and have launched a public petition to entreat ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News and MSNBC to change their ways.

“When stronger storms and hotter wildfires leave millions homeless, it’s a crisis. When runaway global warming threatens our food and water, it’s a crisis. When our kids walk out of school because their future is at stake, it’s a crisis. But the coverage we see on television doesn’t match the reality outside our windows,” the organization says in a public outreach.

They claim that “less than 4% of news segments” categorize climate matters as a crisis or emergency. The group wants the networks to categorize such factors as weather events and temperature as an “urgent, existential threat,” among other things.

“The words your reporters and anchors use matter. What they call something shapes how millions see it — and how entire nations act,” the new petition states.

“Your network can make a difference. With your voice and your reach, you can jump start a global conversation on how we solve this crisis. While we still have time. It starts with the news calling this exactly what it is. Call it a climate crisis.”

The outreach must have appeal for Mr. Gore’s fans; the petition garnered close to 11,000 signatures within hours; organizers are now calling it the official “Call It a Crisis Campaign.”
1 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:16 pm

antilib wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:40 pm
The Washington Times - Saturday, May 4, 2019

The Climate Reality Project, an activist group founded by Al Gore in 2006, is now demanding that major broadcast news organizations refer to climate change as a “crisis” — and have launched a public petition to entreat ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox News and MSNBC to change their ways.

“When stronger storms and hotter wildfires leave millions homeless, it’s a crisis. When runaway global warming threatens our food and water, it’s a crisis. When our kids walk out of school because their future is at stake, it’s a crisis. But the coverage we see on television doesn’t match the reality outside our windows,” the organization says in a public outreach.

They claim that “less than 4% of news segments” categorize climate matters as a crisis or emergency. The group wants the networks to categorize such factors as weather events and temperature as an “urgent, existential threat,” among other things.

“The words your reporters and anchors use matter. What they call something shapes how millions see it — and how entire nations act,” the new petition states.

“Your network can make a difference. With your voice and your reach, you can jump start a global conversation on how we solve this crisis. While we still have time. It starts with the news calling this exactly what it is. Call it a climate crisis.”

The outreach must have appeal for Mr. Gore’s fans; the petition garnered close to 11,000 signatures within hours; organizers are now calling it the official “Call It a Crisis Campaign.”
It's a crisis and it should be called that.
0 x

evilconempire

Post by evilconempire » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:17 pm

psk836 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:12 pm
Deal.
0 x