Scientists Record Possibly Hottest April Temperature Ever Anywhere On Earth

Are you a Gorebot? A Denier? Let's mix it up here and figure this issue out!
evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Scientists Record Possibly Hottest April Temperature Ever Anywhere On Earth

Post by evilconempire » Mon May 07, 2018 4:54 pm

By Stephen Luntz
03 MAY 2018, 13:34

It's only May, and this year is setting new standards in terrifying extreme temperatures. The latest example comes from Nawabshah, Pakistan, where it was 50.2ºC (122.4ºF) on April 30. Meteorologists think this is the hottest shaded temperature ever recorded for a reliable weather station in April, anywhere on Earth.

The World Meteorological Organization does not provide an official account of monthly temperature records for the planet, so the claim this is the hottest April temperature ever can't be absolutely confirmed. Moreover, in April 2001 the city of Santa Rosa, Mexico, reported an even higher 51.0ºC (123.8ºF), but the Weather Underground's Dr Christopher Burt described this to the Washington Post as “of dubious reliability”. No other challenger has been found.

Records such as this don't happen in isolation. Most of Pakistan and much of India have been experiencing weather that would be extreme for July, so is off the charts for spring-time. The effect is being driven by an enormous mass of hot water in the north-eastern Indian Ocean.
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Scientists Record Possibly Hottest April Temperature Ever Anywhere On Earth

Post by Pete » Mon May 07, 2018 4:55 pm

"possibly" :guffaw:
0 x
"If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you"............Rudyard Kipling

evilconempire
Somebody please hep me I been hypmotized

Post by evilconempire » Mon May 07, 2018 5:01 pm

Pete's chimpin out now
0 x
How sad that your Mother didn't have an abortion before she brought such an abomination as the likes of you into this world. - Aluannie :prech:

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue May 08, 2018 12:51 am

This was the warmest winter on record.

In the Arctic.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/ ... ate-change
https://www.livescience.com/61864-arcti ... -high.html

And those on the East Coast know why that's not a good thing. That cold has to go somewhere...
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx