Gore’s E-Book Sales Dwarfed by Kindle Book Debunking His Climate Claims

Are you a Gorebot? A Denier? Let's mix it up here and figure this issue out!
chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:10 pm

Craig Bannister By Craig Bannister | September 5, 2017 | 9:49 AM EDT

Former Vice President Al Gore
The e-book published to accompany Al Gore’s new climate change film is ranked #51,031 for purchases in the Kindle Store, according to Amazon.com. Meanwhile, Climatologist Roy Spencer’s rebuttal e-book, “An Inconvenient Deception,” is ranked #1,201 for Kindle Store purchases.

Spencer’s book critiques the “bad science, bad policy and some outright falsehoods” in Gore’s latest movie and book, which were released in August, The Daily Caller reported in its sales analysis on Monday.

“There are three big weaknesses in Gore’s new movie: science, economics and energy policy,” Spencer, a noted skeptic of catastrophic global warming, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Some of Gore’s climate claims debunked in Spencer’s book described by The Daily Caller article include:

Gore’s claim CO2 is causing a rise in sea-levels and flooding,
Gore’s claim extreme weather events are made-made, not naturally occurring,
Gore’s claim that agricultural yields are declining.
1 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:17 pm

chucky wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:10 pm

The e-book published to accompany Al Gore’s new climate change film is ranked #51,031 for purchases in the Kindle Store, according to Amazon.com. Meanwhile, Climatologist Roy Spencer’s rebuttal e-book, “An Inconvenient Deception,” is ranked #1,201 for Kindle Store purchases.

Spencer’s book critiques the “bad science, bad policy and some outright falsehoods” in Gore’s latest movie and book, which were released in August, The Daily Caller reported in its sales analysis on Monday.

“There are three big weaknesses in Gore’s new movie: science, economics and energy policy,” Spencer, a noted skeptic of catastrophic global warming, told The Daily Caller News Foundation.

Some of Gore’s climate claims debunked in Spencer’s book described by The Daily Caller article include:

Good to see the GOP is supporting its own.... although if I were Spencer I'd be pissed. The GOP pushed Palin's book to the top 10.

But that's not really the point. The numbers represent KINDLE sales. They do not represent TOTAL sales. That's right. The number quoted by Mr. Bannister was ONLY for Kindle sales. And it's obvious why he quoted ONLY that number. Is that lying?

And, for the record Spencer disclaimed none of Gore's claims. Spencer's book has been debunked many times.

for your reading pleasure....

https://www.skepticalscience.com/skepti ... pencer.htm
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:17 pm
chucky wrote:

Good to see the GOP i supporting it's own.... although if I were Spencer I'd be pissed. They pushed Palin's book to the top 10.

And, for the record Spencer disclaimed none of Gore's claims.
You should let Craig know .

https://twitter.com/CraigBBannister
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:46 pm

chucky wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 pm
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:

Good to see the GOP i supporting it's own.... although if I were Spencer I'd be pissed. They pushed Palin's book to the top 10.

Been there, done that. I regularly ask him inconveniet questions. He rarely answers.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:50 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:46 pm
chucky wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:

Been there, done that. I regularly ask him inconveniet questions. He rarely answers.
Sorry.
0 x
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm

chucky wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:50 pm
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:

Sorry.
You should join the crowd. Twitter makes this place look sedate... with thousands who will camp on any stupid mistake.
0 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:23 pm

nolaxride wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm
chucky wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:

Sorry.
You should join the crowd. Twitter makes this place look sedate... with thousands who will camp on any stupid mistake.
I have no interest in Twitter or Facebook or any if the other personality based sites. I don't even have a smartphone. This is more than enough.
1 x
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:45 pm

chucky wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:23 pm
nolaxride wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:21 pm
chucky wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:
nolaxride wrote:
chucky wrote:

Sorry.
I have no interest in Twitter or Facebook or any if the other personality based sites. I don't even have a smartphone. This is more than enough.
LOL... Got it and god bless.
1 x