Global warming brings arctic blast

Are you a Gorebot? A Denier? Let's mix it up here and figure this issue out!
barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Global warming brings arctic blast

Post by barrysoetoro » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:27 pm

http://mashable.com/2017/11/09/arctic-b ... yF60UVxaq2

Among New Yorkers, there's a dark hypothesis about fall weather in the city, which is that there's only one "perfect" fall day with crisp sunshine and cool temperatures. For that single day, the city's harsh climate, with torrid heat in the summer and frigid cold and wintry mix events in the winter, is forgiven.

But after that day, which typically occurs in mid-to-late October, the weather turns dreary and cold. And then comes the wintry mix.

Well, that perfect day has come and gone, and the frigid air is knocking at the city's doorstep, poised to rush in overnight this Thursday, and really make itself known by Friday morning and into the first part of the weekend.

SEE ALSO: The astounding climate denial of a top Trump environmental pick was just on display before senators

This Arctic blast means business. The frigid air mass first entered the lower 48 states on Wednesday, and on Thursday morning, air temperatures were in the single digits Fahrenheit in Minnesota, and below zero Fahrenheit in North Dakota.

By Friday morning, wind chill readings in New York City and Boston will be in the teens Fahrenheit, the coldest they've been so far this season.

Better vote democrat. FORCE everyone to take mass transit and use clean renewable green energy. That will save us.
0 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:08 am

Wow... and where were you when heat records were being broken last summer....

.... I know.. you were trying to figure out the difference between weather and climate.

And was there some part of weather extremes, hot, cold, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc., being a sign of climate change that you don't understand?
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

barrysoetoro
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by barrysoetoro » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:58 am

nolaxride wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:08 am

.... I know.. you were trying to figure out the difference between weather and climate.

And was there some part of weather extremes, hot, cold, tornadoes, hurricanes, etc., being a sign of climate change that you don't understand?
Where were you when you said the Ice Age was coming back in the 70s, and how it was global warming in the 90s, and then it became climate change? Oh yeah, you're just no brain.

So are you and evil walking instead of driving?
0 x
☪ "The Battle Cry of The Moronic..........America---Love it or Leave it", brokebackboy, America hating POS

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:38 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:58 am
nolaxride wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:08 am

Where were you when you said the Ice Age was coming back in the 70s, and how it was global warming in the 90s, and then it became climate change? Oh yeah, you're just no brain.

So are you and evil walking instead of driving?
Wow... you really don't understand the realm. Actually, you have your opinion and refuse to listen to anything that doesn't fit your opinion.

That's pretty much why you make inane statements about localized weather events.
0 x
— "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am

barrysoetoro wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Among New Yorkers, there's a dark hypothesis about fall weather in the city, which is that there's only one "perfect" fall day with crisp sunshine and cool temperatures. For that single day, the city's harsh climate, with torrid heat in the summer and frigid cold and wintry mix events in the winter, is forgiven.

But after that day, which typically occurs in mid-to-late October, the weather turns dreary and cold. And then comes the wintry mix.

Well, that perfect day has come and gone, and the frigid air is knocking at the city's doorstep, poised to rush in overnight this Thursday, and really make itself known by Friday morning and into the first part of the weekend.

SEE ALSO: The astounding climate denial of a top Trump environmental pick was just on display before senators

This Arctic blast means business. The frigid air mass first entered the lower 48 states on Wednesday, and on Thursday morning, air temperatures were in the single digits Fahrenheit in Minnesota, and below zero Fahrenheit in North Dakota.

By Friday morning, wind chill readings in New York City and Boston will be in the teens Fahrenheit, the coldest they've been so far this season.

Better vote democrat. FORCE everyone to take mass transit and use clean renewable green energy. That will save us.
It was way cold Friday night . I am a big supporter of global warming I wish we could get more of it especially in the winter.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 am

chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am
barrysoetoro wrote:

It was way cold Friday night . I am a big supporter of global warming I wish we could get more of it especially in the winter.
You will. You'll get more extreme warmth and more extreme cold, as well as more extreme rain and snow. More extreme as just one indicator of climate change.
1 x

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:47 am

nolaxride wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:39 am
chucky wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:38 am
barrysoetoro wrote:

You will. You'll get more extreme warmth and more extreme cold, as well as more extreme rain and snow. More extreme as just one indicator of climate change.
I don't know if I believe that gradual warming will necessarily bring extremes of all kinds. I do believe warmer ocean temperatures will increase the number and intensity of hurricanes. You know they had citrus groves in Florida all the way up to Ocala until the 70s when there were too many frosts that killed them off.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier