Exciting news on the treatment of Alzheimers

This is the place for general chat and for posting news items with little or no additional commentary
DallasDimeBags
Majesty

Exciting news on the treatment of Alzheimers

Post by DallasDimeBags » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:44 pm

MORGANTOWN — World-leading brain experts at West Virginia University’s Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute are celebrating the historic breakthrough Alzheimer patients around the global have been waiting for.

“For Alzheimer’s, there’s not that many treatments available despite hundreds of clinical trials over the past two decades and billions of dollars spent,” said Dr. Ali R. Rezai, a neurosurgeon at WVU who led the team of investigators that successfully performed a phase II trial using focused ultrasound to treat a patient with early stage Alzheimer’s.

The WVU team tested the innovative treatment in collaboration with INSIGHTEC, an Israeli medical technology company. Earlier this year, INSIGHTEC was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration to begin a phase II clinical trial of the procedure and selected the WVU Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute as the first site in the United States for the trial.

https://www.wvnews.com/statejournal/new ... j1kjrLzA7M
3 x

brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Re: Exciting news on the treatment of Alzheimers

Post by brookboy123 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 pm

Exciting news, indeed.

I recently had a conversation with a nieghbor, an oncologist at Sloan-Kettering.
He believes that the advances he has seen in just the last 3 years makes him believe we are within 10-20 years of curing/controlling most degenerative diseases.

Alzheimer’s is a nightmare for so many.
1 x

brookboy123
Imperial Majesty

Re: Exciting news on the treatment of Alzheimers

Post by brookboy123 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:49 am

brookboy123 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:21 pm
Exciting news, indeed.

I recently had a conversation with a nieghbor, an oncologist at Sloan-Kettering.
He believes that the advances he has seen in just the last 3 years makes him believe we are within 10-20 years of curing/controlling most degenerative diseases.

Alzheimer’s is a nightmare for so many.
”nieghbor”

Oy vey, I really do need to proofread before I send.

Here annie........c’mere Annie.....c’mon Cha Cha........do your job, Annie-Mac!!
0 x