TV anchor, photojournalist killed when tree falls on news vehicle

This is the place for general chat and for posting news items with little or no additional commentary
Pete
Site Admin

TV anchor, photojournalist killed when tree falls on news vehicle

Post by Pete » Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 am

TRYON, N.C. - A TV news anchor and a photojournalist were killed Monday when a tree fell on their vehicle in North Carolina as they reported on flooding and severe weather associated with Subtropical Storm Alberto, the television station said.

WYFF-TV Anchor Mike McCormick and photojournalist Aaron Smeltzer both worked in the Greenville, South Carolina, market for more than a decade, anchor Carol Goldsmith said on air, breaking the news.

"Mike and Aaron were beloved members of our team - our family," Goldsmith said.

More---------------------> https://www.wsoctv.com/news/north-carol ... /758482929
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried

aluannie@q.com
Heir Apparent

Re: TV anchor, photojournalist killed when tree falls on news vehicle

Post by aluannie@q.com » Tue May 29, 2018 9:10 am

Pete wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 9:05 am
TRYON, N.C. - A TV news anchor and a photojournalist were killed Monday when a tree fell on their vehicle in North Carolina as they reported on flooding and severe weather associated with Subtropical Storm Alberto, the television station said.

WYFF-TV Anchor Mike McCormick and photojournalist Aaron Smeltzer both worked in the Greenville, South Carolina, market for more than a decade, anchor Carol Goldsmith said on air, breaking the news.

"Mike and Aaron were beloved members of our team - our family," Goldsmith said.

More---------------------> https://www.wsoctv.com/news/north-carol ... /758482929
So sad and such a young man. News people put their lives on the line a lot to bring us the news.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Re: TV anchor, photojournalist killed when tree falls on news vehicle

Post by Pete » Tue May 29, 2018 11:44 am

Those jobs are harder than they look. About 5 years ago I did on-camera interviews with every TV news station in Atlanta, and I saw first hand all the prep work & 'hurry up and wait' nonsense they go through
0 x
"I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, black, and with a piece of prune Danish" Gilbert Gottfried