No chance at all?

This is the place for general chat and for posting news items with little or no additional commentary
evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

No chance at all?

Post by evilconempire » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:16 pm

Conor McGregor won the first two rounds then slowly lost each subsequent round by more and more. By the end it became clear he simply didn't have the boxing skills to match Mayweather. In what arguably was a TKO called too quickly, but did look inevitable, he managed to go 10 rounds. Mayweather and many other former great pugilists gave him props for being far better prepared and skilled than they expected. Time to take the pillows off the hands and go back to real fighting for Conor and time to get back to beating women for Mayweather (let's hope he doesn't).

Rumor has it that Mayweather went into a sports book and tried to put $400k on himself for the under, but they wouldn't take it. He would have lost that bet.
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:26 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:16 pm
Conor McGregor won the first two rounds then slowly lost each subsequent round by more and more. By the end it became clear he simply didn't have the boxing skills to match Mayweather. In what arguably was a TKO called too quickly, but did look inevitable, he managed to go 10 rounds. Mayweather and many other former great pugilists gave him props for being far better prepared and skilled than they expected. Time to take the pillows off the hands and go back to real fighting for Conor and time to get back to beating women for Mayweather (let's hope he doesn't).

Rumor has it that Mayweather went into a sports book and tried to put $400k on himself for the under, but they wouldn't take it. He would have lost that bet.
None. Mayweather might have been more motivated to end it sooner if he had that bet down. I think he carried him for a few rounds. It made it a better fight for the public.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:36 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:26 pm
evilconempire wrote:

None. Mayweather might have been more motivated to end it sooner if he had that bet down. I think he carried him for a few rounds. It made it a better fight for the public.
Lol he went almost 10 rounds of a 12 round fight winning two of them but had no chance. Always the contrarian, chucky
0 x
"AS MUCH AS I HATE PROVEN PEDOPHILES, I would rather have one of them than a democrat!!!" - Illeatyourdates

chucky
Rock Star

Post by chucky » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 pm

evilconempire wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:36 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Lol he went almost 10 rounds of a 12 round fight winning two of them but had no chance. Always the contrarian, chucky
Since the fight is over and he lost yeah he had no chance.
0 x
"I’d rather die standing up than live on my knees."
Stephane Charbonnier

evilconempire
Get in my Belly!

Post by evilconempire » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:47 pm

chucky wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:30 pm
evilconempire wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:36 pm
chucky wrote:
evilconempire wrote:

Since the fight is over and he lost yeah he had no chance.
Yeah that's not how probabilities work
1 x