Doctors refuse to let child go home to die

This is the place for general chat and for posting news items with little or no additional commentary
DallasDimeBags
Heir Apparent

Doctors refuse to let child go home to die

Post by DallasDimeBags » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:39 am

Charlie Gard's bereft parents have blasted his 'heartless' doctors who have refused to let him come home to die, MailOnline can reveal today.
Connie Yates and Chris Gard have been told by Great Ormond Street their son's life support will be switched off later today but he cannot leave the ward.
The couple's 'final wish' for Charlie has been blocked and his mother Connie said yesterday in a video for MailOnline: 'We promised our little boy every single day that we would take him home'.
Mr Gard added: 'We want to give him a bath at home, put him in a cot which he has never slept in but we are now being denied that. We know what day our son is going to die but don't get a say in how that will happen.'
They have also released a heartbreaking photograph of them lying with Charlie between them and said they were 'spending our last precious hours with our baby boy'.
And they also the so-called 'Charlie's Army' who donated £1.4million for the US treatment being denied to him and told them: 'Charlie will die tomorrow knowing that he was loved by thousands - thank you to everyone for all your support'.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -home.html
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Doctors refuse to let child go home to die

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:20 am

they got that there gov healthcare over there don't they?
0 x
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:37 am

The child has severe brain damage and they want to subject him to experimental medicine that may or may not help him. I can only imagine it would be hard to let go of a child. But I sure would not subject mine to experimental medicine. Sometimes you need to let go.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 am

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:37 am
The child has severe brain damage and they want to subject him to experimental medicine that may or may not help him. I can only imagine it would be hard to let go of a child. But I sure would not subject mine to experimental medicine. Sometimes you need to let go.

Hospital needs to let the kid go home

If the kid has a 100% probability of dying, I would try experimentals. You never know, it might help
0 x

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:48 am

Pete wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:44 am
Bigbaddoe wrote:

If the kid has a 100% probability of dying, I would try experimentals. You never know, it might help
It could help with maybe the muscle issue they child is having but once brain cells are gone there is not bringing them back.
0 x

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Bigbaddoe wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:48 am
Pete wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:

It could help with maybe the muscle issue they child is having but once brain cells are gone there is not bringing them back.
My thoughts are let the distraught parents make the decision. This is not the time for government hand-holding, especially if the govt is so sure the boy is terminal
0 x

Bigbaddoe
Global Moderator

Post by Bigbaddoe » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:04 pm

Pete wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:14 pm
Bigbaddoe wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:48 am
Pete wrote:
Bigbaddoe wrote:

My thoughts are let the distraught parents make the decision. This is not the time for government hand-holding, especially if the govt is so sure the boy is terminal
I am wondering if the reason they will not allow the parents to take him home is they don't want them to take off to the US for the experimental meds.
0 x