TGIF 🍺

PETE QUESTION

This is the place for general chat and for posting news items with little or no additional commentary
illeatyourdates2
God-Like

PETE QUESTION

Post by illeatyourdates2 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm

What happened to the Hangman movie game??

;)2

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:48 pm

illeatyourdates2 wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:42 pm

;)2
good question.

and battleship? it would be nice if we could play battleship against each other.
β€” "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:06 pm

;)2
We jettisoned a lot of extra baggage to get the database down to a size that suited GoDaddy, and while we were at it I figured what the hell lets upgrade the forum to the newest version (3.2). Consequently a lot of things were lost.

My mission now is to find versions of those two extensions that will work with 3.2. Hell I dont even think they were even official releases for 3.1. IIRC they were beta and I gave 'em a shot and luckily they worked. I think I know where to go.

Been on the phone all day with Cook County Il gov officials so I could actually use a distraction now. Its like talking to fkn dolphins I swear to God
It's a small world but I'd hate to paint it

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 pm

Pete wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:06 pm

;)2
We jettisoned a lot of extra baggage to get the database down to a size that suited GoDaddy, and while we were at it I figured what the hell lets upgrade the forum to the newest version (3.2). Consequently a lot of things were lost.

My mission now is to find versions of those two extensions that will work with 3.2. Hell I dont even think they were even official releases for 3.1. IIRC they were beta and I gave 'em a shot and luckily they worked. I think I know where to go.

Been on the phone all day with Cook County Il gov officials so I could actually use a distraction now. Its like talking to fkn dolphins I swear to God
gotta love cook county... imho, the best way to get things done is over a long lunch and multiple martinis.
β€” "It will be revealed in the coming months that he was in fact born in Kenya" - 17 Nov 2016zxx

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:00 am

nolaxride wrote: ↑
Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 pm

;)2

gotta love cook county... imho, the best way to get things done is over a long lunch and multiple martinis.
I guess my problem is I was trying to communicate with lower-level pencil pushers. They must be miserable in their jobs

nolaxride
Global Moderator

Post by nolaxride » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 am

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:00 am

;)2

I guess my problem is I was trying to communicate with lower-level pencil pushers. They must be miserable in their jobs
Agreed. It would appear they take joy in making everyone else's life miserable to compensate.

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 am

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:39 am

;)2

Agreed. It would appear they take joy in making everyone else's life miserable to compensate.
I just now remembered one exchange after being transferred 5 or 6 times. Sometimes I can tell it's a different lady, sometimes I can't because they never say anything like, 'Hold please while I transfer you to the planning department' etc. All you get is a gruff 'hold on" and then another person comes on the line. In any event one of these morons says something like 'well what did the other lady tell you before you got to me!?". I told her hell half the time I can't tell when I'm talking to a new person, you all sound alike to me lol. I was absolutely not thinking along racial lines, I was honestly thinking along ######-poor phone etiquette lines. If a person is only told to 'hold' on and then a voice comes back on the line, it is sometimes difficult to know if it's a different person. I could tell however that she bristled up and wanted to make it about race

evilconempire
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by evilconempire » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 am

Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:53 am

;)2

I just now remembered one exchange after being transferred 5 or 6 times. Sometimes I can tell it's a different lady, sometimes I can't because they never say anything like, 'Hold please while I transfer you to the planning department' etc. All you get is a gruff 'hold on" and then another person comes on the line. In any event one of these morons says something like 'well what did the other lady tell you before you got to me!?". I told her hell half the time I can't tell when I'm talking to a new person, you all sound alike to me lol. I was absolutely not thinking along racial lines, I was honestly thinking along ######-poor phone etiquette lines. If a person is only told to 'hold' on and then a voice comes back on the line, it is sometimes difficult to know if it's a different person. I could tell however that she bristled up and wanted to make it about race
You can't even tell if it was a different person, but you could tell she wanted to make it about race? :guffaw: :rolling: :guffaw:
"That Canadian HERO did what the world should do, but not only to the FILTHY muslims but the libturd democrats also!!" - Illeatyourdates

Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:10 am

evilconempire wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 am

;)2

You can't even tell if it was a different person, but you could tell she wanted to make it about race? :guffaw: :rolling: :guffaw:
uhhh yeah from her comments afterward gigglebox

evilconempire
Ayatollah of Rock-n-Rolla

Post by evilconempire » Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:11 am

Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:10 am
evilconempire wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:09 am

;)2

uhhh yeah from her comments afterward gigglebox
Riiiiight, "homie."
"That Canadian HERO did what the world should do, but not only to the FILTHY muslims but the libturd democrats also!!" - Illeatyourdates