Hey evil

Baseball
DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Hey evil

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:05 pm

You very well may be aware of this already BUT in case you were not.

Miguel Cabrera joining the most exclusive of exclusive company.

First ballot Hall of Famer for certain.

"Miguel Cabrera has officially entered one of MLB's most exclusive clubs.

The Detroit Tigers first baseman recorded the 3,000th hit of his career on Saturday at Detroit's Comerica Park, making him the 33rd player in MLB history to reach a milestone widely considered to be an automatic ticket to Cooperstown.

Cabrera picked up the milestone hit in his first at-bat of the game. On the third pitch of Cabrera's at-bat against Colorado Rockies starter Antonio Senzatela, Cabrera sent a single through the right side of the infield for his 3,000th hit.

Cabrera entered the 2022 season needing only 13 hits to reach 3,000, making it a simple matter of "when." Only two other players have registered their 3,000th hit in a Tigers uniform and they're both Detroit legends: Ty Cobb and Al Kaline. He is also the first Venezuelan player to enter the club.

Cabrera also entered the 500-homer club last August, making him only the seventh player in MLB history to enter both clubs. The other six: Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Eddie Murray, Hank Aaron and Willie Mays.

All of this adds up to a very easy Hall of Fame case for a player who spent years as one of the big leagues' most feared sluggers."

https://www.aol.com/sports/miguel-cabre ... 35869.html
1 x

thelionofthenorth
Global Moderator

Re: Hey evil

Post by thelionofthenorth » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:10 pm

I heard that while listening to a Cubs game. Congrats to him, that is an incredible achievement.
0 x
stultitia non pertinet misericordiae

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:05 pm

thelionofthenorth wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:10 pm
I heard that while listening to a Cubs game. Congrats to him, that is an incredible achievement.
One of only 7 players all time to be in the 500 HR /3000 hits club. That's damned near Mount Rushmore type stuff.
0 x

lust4beer
Caporegime

Post by lust4beer » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:10 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:05 pm

The Detroit Tigers first baseman recorded the 3,000th hit of his career on Saturday at Detroit's Comerica Park, making him the 33rd player in MLB history to reach a milestone widely considered to be an automatic ticket to Cooperstown.

Cabrera picked up the milestone hit in his first at-bat of the game. On the third pitch of Cabrera's at-bat against Colorado Rockies starter Antonio Senzatela, Cabrera sent a single through the right side of the infield for his 3,000th hit.

Cabrera entered the 2022 season needing only 13 hits to reach 3,000, making it a simple matter of "when." Only two other players have registered their 3,000th hit in a Tigers uniform and they're both Detroit legends: Ty Cobb and Al Kaline. He is also the first Venezuelan player to enter the club.

Cabrera also entered the 500-homer club last August, making him only the seventh player in MLB history to enter both clubs. The other six: Albert Pujols, Alex Rodriguez, Rafael Palmeiro, Eddie Murray, Hank Aaron and Willie Mays.

All of this adds up to a very easy Hall of Fame case for a player who spent years as one of the big leagues' most feared sluggers."

Definitely HOF

I got to watch the Padres beat the stinking Dodgers last night

6519E178-4112-4335-9586-7F5EB0FF5995.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

:kneeface:

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:12 pm

lust4beer wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:10 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:

Definitely HOF

Well if you are like me it's always good to see the Dodgers lose-UNLESS they are playing the @#$%$#@ Yankees.
0 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:20 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:

Cooperstown bound for sure.
0 x

lust4beer
Caporegime

Post by lust4beer » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:23 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:12 pm
lust4beer wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:

Definitely HOF

Well if you are like me it's always good to see the Dodgers lose-UNLESS they are playing the @#$%$#@ Yankees.
The only time I root for the Yankees is when they play the Doyers
0 x

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:29 pm

lust4beer wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:23 pm
DallasDimeBags wrote:
lust4beer wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:

Definitely HOF

Actually it's the exact opposite for me. but SOMETIMES I root for the Padres just because I think you and that other guy, um I mean Padre Nation, can use the additional support.
0 x

lust4beer
Caporegime

Post by lust4beer » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:38 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:29 pm
lust4beer wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
lust4beer wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:

Definitely HOF

Actually it's the exact opposite for me. but SOMETIMES I root for the Padres just because I think you and that other guy, um I mean Padre Nation, can use the additional support.
I say “Doyers” because they have massive Hispanic following and many of the fans pronounce Dodgers that way

60-40 Doyers to Padres fans last night

Padre Nation needs all the support we can get thanks
0 x

lust4beer
Caporegime

Post by lust4beer » Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:45 pm

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:29 pm
lust4beer wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
lust4beer wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:

Definitely HOF

4AB410F7-8544-49B4-B1F4-D1EFDC139C44.jpeg
That’s gotta hurt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x