those darn unions....

Baseball
brookboy123
Caporegime

those darn unions....

Post by brookboy123 » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:44 pm

Millionaires and billionaires can't come to an agreement.....and now my spring training trip around Florida and Arizona is in jeopardy.

Rat bastards.
0 x

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Re: those darn unions....

Post by DallasDimeBags » Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:56 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:44 pm
Millionaires and billionaires can't come to an agreement.....and now my spring training trip around Florida and Arizona is in jeopardy.

Rat bastards.
Me and my brothers were planning on going to AZ this year for spring training but will now instead go enjoy some college baseball at one of the premier college venues in the USA-LSU's Alex Box Stadium.

Soon as I heard that the owners were going to lockout the players I figured this was going to happen. Would not be a surprise to see this go right up to the beginning of the regular season or a bit past the start before it gets settled.
0 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:36 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:56 pm
brookboy123 wrote:

Rat bastards.
Me and my brothers were planning on going to AZ this year for spring training but will now instead go enjoy some college baseball at one of the premier college venues in the USA-LSU's Alex Box Stadium.

Soon as I heard that the owners were going to lockout the players I figured this was going to happen. Would not be a surprise to see this go right up to the beginning of the regular season or a bit past the start before it gets settled.
College baseball is worthy.

We had plans to drive around Florida in early March to see spring training games. My 103 yo father was planning to go to a couple with us....We were then to meet up with my desert-dwelling family in AZ for some more games in the second half of March.

If the rat bastards get their act together, it can still happen.
1 x

Evil
Consigliere

Post by Evil » Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:45 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:

Rat bastards.

Opening Day in June is very likely. Our rotisserie league is thinking outdoor draft this year. So that would be nice...I guess.
0 x
"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything."
- Mark Twain

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:26 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:36 am
DallasDimeBags wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:

Rat bastards.

We had plans to drive around Florida in early March to see spring training games. My 103 yo father was planning to go to a couple with us....We were then to meet up with my desert-dwelling family in AZ for some more games in the second half of March.

UCF is a pretty good place to watch a game if you are in Florida. Lot of games there in February and March as teams from colder climates come down and play.
0 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:49 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:26 pm
brookboy123 wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:

Rat bastards.

UCF is a pretty good place to watch a game if you are in Florida. Lot of games there in February and March as teams from colder climates come down and play.
The real losers in this situation are the thousands of folks that work at the spring training venues.
0 x

DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Post by DallasDimeBags » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:50 pm

brookboy123 wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:49 am
DallasDimeBags wrote:
Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:26 pm
brookboy123 wrote:
DallasDimeBags wrote:
brookboy123 wrote:

Rat bastards.

The real losers in this situation are the thousands of folks that work at the spring training venues.
Coooooooooooooooooooooorect,
0 x

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:24 am

Hope they get it resolved soon. I want to see the World Series-winning Atlanta Braves kick more ass. There are 3-month-olds here who have never seen ATL win a World Series
0 x
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:19 am

Pete wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:24 am
Hope they get it resolved soon. I want to see the World Series-winning Atlanta Braves kick more ass. There are 3-month-olds here who have never seen ATL win a World Series
LOL!!
1 x

brookboy123
Caporegime

Post by brookboy123 » Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:38 am

Pete wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:24 am
I was rooting for the Braves to beat the cheating Astros.

I don't like cheaters.

Here's hoping that the millionaires and billionaires can get their acts together this week. Last I read, they are to meet each day this week to work out an agreement.

We have tickets for four spring training games in Florida and another 4 in AZ.
0 x