Colin Kaepernick is reportedly ending his protest.

American Football (must be logged in to view NFL Pool subforum)
DallasDimeBags
Caporegime

Colin Kaepernick is reportedly ending his protest.

Post by DallasDimeBags » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:51 pm

lolololol- Right in time for free agency.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Colin Kaepernick is reportedly ending his protest.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Thursday, citing unnamed sources, that Kaepernick plans to stand for the national anthem next season. The news comes a day after Kaepernick’s agents said the quarterback will opt out of his contract with the 49ers, making him a free agent.

Kaepernick began refusing to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” in the 2016 preseason to protest racial oppression and police brutality in the United States. He continued the protest throughout the season, and many other NFL players later joined him.

“To me this is something that has to change,” Kaepernick said in August. “When there’s significant change and I feel like that flag represents what it’s supposed to represent, this country is representing people the way that it’s supposed to, I’ll stand.”

While many players and fans supported Kaepernick, others were to quick to criticize him. Donald Trump, then a presidential candidate, said the quarterback “should find a country that works better for him.” Kaepernick also said he received death threats.

Schefter reported that Kaepernick “no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change that he believes has been created.” Kaepernick also believes the amount of national discussion on social inequality affirmed his message, ESPN reported.
0 x

numarymag
Soldier

Re: Colin Kaepernick is reportedly ending his protest.

Post by numarymag » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:03 am

DallasDimeBags wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:51 pm
lolololol- Right in time for free agency.

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Colin Kaepernick is reportedly ending his protest.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Thursday, citing unnamed sources, that Kaepernick plans to stand for the national anthem next season. The news comes a day after Kaepernick’s agents said the quarterback will opt out of his contract with the 49ers, making him a free agent.

Kaepernick began refusing to stand for “The Star-Spangled Banner” in the 2016 preseason to protest racial oppression and police brutality in the United States. He continued the protest throughout the season, and many other NFL players later joined him.

“To me this is something that has to change,” Kaepernick said in August. “When there’s significant change and I feel like that flag represents what it’s supposed to represent, this country is representing people the way that it’s supposed to, I’ll stand.”

While many players and fans supported Kaepernick, others were to quick to criticize him. Donald Trump, then a presidential candidate, said the quarterback “should find a country that works better for him.” Kaepernick also said he received death threats.

Schefter reported that Kaepernick “no longer wants his method of protest to detract from the positive change that he believes has been created.” Kaepernick also believes the amount of national discussion on social inequality affirmed his message, ESPN reported.
Dallas do you really think that any other NFL team will pick him up?
0 x