Forgot my prescriptions when I went on business trip. .

Just what the doctor ordered
pete
Site Admin

Forgot my prescriptions when I went on business trip. .

Post by pete » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:04 am

...last week. My Rx carry case fell out of sight in my car as I was locking the car up. A few hours later in another state I realized the problem. I went to a Publix pharmacy (FL-based grocery chain). We spend thousands at Publix on food and prescriptions. They said although there were no refills they'd call insurance to see if they could get an override. Less than an hour later an automated text arrived saying my pills were ready. I only needed 2 or 3 pills of each to last during my short trip but they sold me 30-day supplies of each. The pharmacists logic was "what if you get home Saturday evening and you can't find your pill carry case?" Sadly there was one med they didn't have (thyroid med).

When I arrived in next big city I called another Publix and they refused to sell me even 2-3 pills. It's not like I was asking for narcotics, Disco Biscuits, etc. In a nearby town I call a third Publix and they refused to help.

Hat tip to the first Pharmacy. To Hell with the others. Thinking about switching over to Walgreens

BTW my pills were in my car.

What a story, eh?
0 x
If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?

donttreadonme
Underboss

Re: Forgot my prescriptions when I went on business trip. .

Post by donttreadonme » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:03 am

pete wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:04 am
...last week. My Rx carry case fell out of sight in my car as I was locking the car up. A few hours later in another state I realized the problem. I went to a Publix pharmacy (FL-based grocery chain). We spend thousands at Publix on food and prescriptions. They said although there were no refills they'd call insurance to see if they could get an override. Less than an hour later an automated text arrived saying my pills were ready. I only needed 2 or 3 pills of each to last during my short trip but they sold me 30-day supplies of each. The pharmacists logic was "what if you get home Saturday evening and you can't find your pill carry case?" Sadly there was one med they didn't have (thyroid med).

When I arrived in next big city I called another Publix and they refused to sell me even 2-3 pills. It's not like I was asking for narcotics, Disco Biscuits, etc. In a nearby town I call a third Publix and they refused to help.

Hat tip to the first Pharmacy. To Hell with the others. Thinking about switching over to Walgreens

What a story, eh?
:riant4: :saoul: :riant4:
This is why you shouldn't post while drunk.

First knobjob sez that Publix gave him a 30 day supply of pills. Then knobjob sez that a few days later he wanted more pills and that Publix wouldn't supply him any.

Knobjob doesn't realize that with all the new fangled computer equipment these days that Publix knows that he was just given 30 day supplies of his medications. :bebe_tototte:
0 x
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection"

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:53 am

donttreadonme wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:03 am
pete wrote:

What a story, eh?

First knobjob sez that Publix gave him a 30 day supply of pills. Then knobjob sez that a few days later he wanted more pills and that Publix wouldn't supply him any.

Knobjob doesn't realize that with all the new fangled computer equipment these days that Publix knows that he was just given 30 day supplies of his medications. :bebe_tototte:
Your reading comprehension skills suck, knobjob. You got it all wrong

I'd write it crayon for you but I'd rather talk to people with more than a 50 IQ
0 x

donttreadonme
Underboss

Post by donttreadonme » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:18 pm

pete wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:53 am
donttreadonme wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:03 am
pete wrote:

What a story, eh?

Your reading comprehension skills suck, knobjob. You got it all wrong

I'd write it crayon for you but I'd rather talk to people with more than a 50 IQ
Explain to me what I got wrong, Knobjob? :leghump:

"...last week. My Rx carry case fell out of sight in my car as I was locking the car up. A few hours later in another state I realized the problem. I went to a Publix pharmacy (FL-based grocery chain). We spend thousands at Publix on food and prescriptions. They said although there were no refills they'd call insurance to see if they could get an override. Less than an hour later an automated text arrived saying my pills were ready. I only needed 2 or 3 pills of each to last during my short trip but they sold me 30-day supplies of each. The pharmacists logic was "what if you get home Saturday evening and you can't find your pill carry case?" Sadly there was one med they didn't have (thyroid med).

Hat tip to the first Pharmacy. To Hell with the others. Thinking about switching over to Walgreens"
0 x
"I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection"

pete
Site Admin

Post by pete » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 pm

:saoul:
0 x

donttreadonme
Underboss

Post by donttreadonme » Sun Jan 14, 2024 3:24 pm

pete wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:50 pm

:saoul:
Don't run away, knobjob, the board is watching, clear up your idiocy. :rolling: :leghump:
0 x